Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Apr 2003, 20:27 (Ref:578557)   #1
Tim.Lad
Racer

Tim.Lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mondello

Was it just me or did anyone else think that Mondello was quite ???

The pit lane walk about was a dream even maganed to have a quick chat to paul o`neil and take the **** out of his Picture card
Old 23 Apr 2003, 21:46 (Ref:578671)   #2
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Quite" what?
Old 23 Apr 2003, 21:48 (Ref:578674)   #3
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was very quiet, I was able to get close enough to get decent photos of all the drivers in the bigger teams and that is usually impossible, made quite a nice change.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 22:02 (Ref:578696)   #4
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quiet!!!

Yes, it is usually a struggle to get near the big teams but they always sit about 3 or 4 drivers together and the crowds would be much more spread out if the drivers were on their own and the queues weren't so big.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 22:32 (Ref:578734)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
It was quieter than UK meetings but about the same as I remember from the last 2 years.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 22:56 (Ref:578755)   #6
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a good weekend without even trying spoke to a few drivers even had one talk to me. Was just standing round and Tom Boardman comes up and starts talking. On the subject of drivers though slightly off the point am I mad or or James Thompson and Paul O'Neil get on the Ryan Air flight to Leed/Bradford? It was not that busy but then it was raining and the cabbie I had reckoned it would be like that, manick if sunny dead if raining.
--------------
I got a few photos which I'll scan in soon and put up with a link somewhere as well.

Last edited by Phoenix1; 23 Apr 2003 at 22:57.
Old 23 Apr 2003, 23:03 (Ref:578764)   #7
Ann
Rookie

Ann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was very quiet there this year. I wonder how much that had to do with the Irish Grand National running on the same day not far away & how much to do with the lovely springlike weather (I'm still drying out now!) I was rather nice not to get crushed to death for once though. Somehow I feel Brands will be a massive contrast!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 05:24 (Ref:579032)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
It was dead. I'd be interested to hear the crowd figures as I wouldn't be surprised if this was our last visit.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 07:27 (Ref:579094)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well there were some other event clashes as well - the Circuit of Ireland was on that weekend and the Max Power thingy was on at the RDS.

I thought the crowd numbers were pretty good - everywhere was crowded from where I was standing. What you need to remember is that because the spectators can wander around quite freely, you don't see them all in big clumps. The Grandstand was full for nearly the entire weekend and people were four and five deep at the fencing where I was for the BTCC races.

I wonder when we'll hear about whether Mondello will be on the list for next year - there has been a lot of talk about this one, so it'll be interesting to see which set of gossip I have is true!....
Old 24 Apr 2003, 15:56 (Ref:579542)   #10
Phoenix1
Veteran

Anyone know why the Halford hospitality truck was silver with halfords banner tied to the front, was it someone elses truck they borrowed?
Old 24 Apr 2003, 17:37 (Ref:579660)   #11
manicmarshal
Racer

manicmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear AK, depends when you thought you saw them. Paul was having a meal in our hotel Monday night so must have left Tuesday. He flew in on the flight after us on Saturday morning. He managed to pick up his hire car. Unlike me he remembered who he had booked his car with!!
Old 24 Apr 2003, 17:41 (Ref:579668)   #12
joey1
Racer

joey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
erm on the halfords truck. they come to put the new 307's in the truck and realised that they where to tall so last minute they borrowed another truck which made them miss their ferry.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 21:50 (Ref:579961)   #13
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phil Bennett was on the Ryanair flight from Gatwick on Saturday night...

and James Thompson was out in Dublin on Monday night, so he must have flown home on Tuesday too.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 22:07 (Ref:579972)   #14
Ann
Rookie

Ann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Team Halfords truck was over with their Porsches minus its logos. The one with the banner tied round its nose was indeed borrowed but a new one is on order.
Old 24 Apr 2003, 22:14 (Ref:579976)   #15
Phoenix1
Veteran

Saw (i think anyway!) JT and Paul on tuesday. Least I hope i did either that or I'm going mad which quite frankly would not suprise me! Seems I picked the touring cars fav airline! One of the Ryan Air planes was liveried in Jaguar colours! From what I remember JT lives in Yorkshire as does James Kaye. I think one lives about a mile away - I'm in Harrogate/Pannel! One day I'll book a car but for now until i'm 23 they will not let me plus for 4 days taxi was cheaper plus I can drink to excess!
Old 25 Apr 2003, 06:00 (Ref:580210)   #16
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it was very quiet at mondello i think more so than last year, i got bored so actually got my programme signed by every single driver in about 35 mins during the pit lane walkabout which is just unheard of....