Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 24 Sep 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2296784)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Help naming 1981 FOCA F1 review title music!

Folks,

Does anyone know the band/title of the music played over the opening and closing credits on the 1981 FOCA F1 review video? It's quite 'synthy' and electric 'guitary' if that makes any sense!!!

It's something from the 1970's as I also once heard it on an episode of the Sweeney!!!

Cheers
chunty.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2296840)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Hmm, I don't have a copy of that video. Is it an instrumental piece or are there any lyrics you can decipher?

I'll take a shot in the dark - Pink Floyd?
Old 24 Sep 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2297164)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It's an instrumental piece, no vocals, although that's not to say the main release in whatever year it was didn't have a vocal version.

It also has a quite a good drum baseline

I have no idea about the band although it doesn't sound 'floydish' if you know what I mean but I don;t know all that many floyd tracks! It's faster than most of their stuff from what I know.

Hopefully someone or other from a generation before me will know what it is!!
Old 24 Sep 2008, 18:50 (Ref:2297177)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you could always try using the music recognition thing called shazam - dial 2580 on your phone, hold it up to the noise and then it'll end the call. can't remember how much it costs but it's not a fortune and if they don't know the song then they don't charge you.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 18:59 (Ref:2297180)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Thanks for tip, i'll give it a try!!
Old 24 Sep 2008, 19:25 (Ref:2297194)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
only works on mobiles though
Old 24 Sep 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2297201)   #7
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That shazam thing is genius! Been wanting to ID a song from a YouTube video for ages now. Thanks!
Old 24 Sep 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2297283)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
That shazam thing is genius!
Pah! I decided to test it a while back by playing Fabricated Lunacy by Terris down the phone. It said it was DMX.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2297534)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

So, not 100[c success rate then!

Tried hour ago but wouldn't connect, mind you the reception in my lounge is crap so i'll have another go shortly!
Old 25 Sep 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2297827)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Tried it twice and got text saying music wasn't loud enough and not recognised.....

Oh well!!!

Sure someone or other will know what this tune is and I bet loads of tenthers have this video?

Come on folks!!
Old 20 Oct 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2316714)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Bump....

as the saying goes?

Somebody must know what it is???
Old 21 Oct 2008, 03:55 (Ref:2317226)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd wondered the same thing chunterer as long as i'd had this video (actually alot of the videos from this time have great instrumental pieces, like the ETCC reviews etc), but have never been able to find out anything on it....
Old 21 Oct 2008, 04:44 (Ref:2317237)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I don't mean to be an idiot, but is it not listed in the credits?
Old 21 Oct 2008, 14:29 (Ref:2317591)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

You're not and it isn't!
Old 21 Oct 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2317604)   #15
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I don't mean to be an idiot, but is it not listed in the credits?
Sometimes even the credits are no help.

There was a good piece of music used by Channel 7 at the end of their Bathurst telecasts in the mid-80s, but all the credits said was it was done by "CBS (as in the US TV channel) Records"
Old 28 Dec 2008, 03:49 (Ref:2361699)   #16
StevenK51
Rookie

United States
Wisconsin, USA
StevenK51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I too would seriously appreciate identification of this song. If it is of any assistance, here is the tune on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymmlmctsDzI