Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Apr 2001, 17:43 (Ref:85375)   #1
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the future. These boring F1 races will die and these good and exiting CART races will be the future!
Old 26 Apr 2001, 18:03 (Ref:85388)   #2
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not if this season is anything to go by!

The first 2 CART races were the most boring I have seen for ages.
Old 26 Apr 2001, 18:26 (Ref:85404)   #3
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the first three F1's were AWESOME!!
Old 26 Apr 2001, 20:21 (Ref:85446)   #4
DancingMachine
Racer

DancingMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think all the F1 races uptil now have been BORING. so predictable. Ive hardly seen a fight. But i have my hope s alive n they will come true in spain...
Old 26 Apr 2001, 20:50 (Ref:85462)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fortunately, you can kill the championship but not the tradition, fame, glamour and the name.
no matter WHAT happens to F1 or CART, or any other formula... there will be only one top category: Formula One.
You can tear it down and build it up again from scratch, the name remains.
So CART can't be like or be compared with F1.

Sorry
Old 26 Apr 2001, 21:08 (Ref:85474)   #6
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah

The name really stays but the exitement of CART is really GOOD. I do follow F1 races to, but they really aren't so attractive.
Old 26 Apr 2001, 21:28 (Ref:85482)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just as F1 is starting to get exciting again, this stupid TC thing is allowed. Here's to the FIA.
Old 26 Apr 2001, 22:06 (Ref:85495)   #8
riusnow
Racer

riusnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is everybody watching the same F1 races I am? I don't understand how the word 'boring' and 'F1' can be used in the same sentence?- especially this year.
Old 26 Apr 2001, 22:34 (Ref:85510)   #9
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by domaza
This is the future. These boring F1 races will die and these good and exiting CART races will be the future!
nominated for lamest post of the year.
Old 26 Apr 2001, 22:47 (Ref:85516)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year F1 has been bloody amazing. So much overtaking. The new regulations have changed a lot. Last year, CART was better perhaps, but not in 2001
Old 26 Apr 2001, 22:56 (Ref:85523)   #11
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the utter TAT that was last year's F1 championship, this year's has been bloody FANTASTIC so far . THREE front-running teams, Kimi and Nick flying in the Saubers, and a COLOSSAL fight between the backmarkers is making for a classic season. HURRAH!!!

And besides, Channel 5 insist on showing the CART at some ungodly hour. WHY???!!!!!
Old 26 Apr 2001, 22:57 (Ref:85525)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
Just as F1 is starting to get exciting again, this stupid TC thing is allowed. Here's to the FIA.
And that, alas, is my fear too.

Old 26 Apr 2001, 23:16 (Ref:85538)   #13
riusnow
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by botsquad

2nd.
Old 27 Apr 2001, 00:27 (Ref:85572)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by domaza
The name really stays but the exitement of CART is really GOOD. I do follow F1 races to, but they really aren't so attractive.
Ok Domaza.

You can post on your favourite category on the proper forum.

There you will find yourself more at home.
Old 27 Apr 2001, 00:49 (Ref:85579)   #15
riusnow
Racer

and alone.
Old 27 Apr 2001, 05:28 (Ref:85637)   #16
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by riusnow
I don't understand how the word 'boring' and 'F1' can be used in the same sentence?
Actually, you just did it.

Don K.
Old 27 Apr 2001, 08:43 (Ref:85687)   #17
yorkie
Rookie

yorkie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only reason CART is exciting is the full course yellows every other lap. If it were not for them you would see 1 or 2 drivers dominating as you do in F1.
Old 27 Apr 2001, 11:21 (Ref:85741)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the F1 season has been rather turbulent so far, for sure, due to all the accidents and rumours about who is or is not using "legal" traction control. But now the whole season starts again and we'll have to see what develops.

Because of the Front Office turmoil at Champ Cars, and the inexplicable focus on "Drivel", that season has not had much of a start. Perhaps things will improve when we get back to a regular schedule and "Drivel" sinks back into the video game swamp whence it came.

But so far I'd have to give the excitement rose to F1.
Old 27 Apr 2001, 12:56 (Ref:85773)   #19
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think F1 has been more exciting than CART this season. I mean australia was a bit boring, but since Sepang it has been filled with emotions, the rain at malasya, montoya's move in brazil, ralph win at imola, wow good year so far, meanwhile Cart races have been so bad, the first track was horrible, then long beach was an easy one for penske, I guess wiliams comeback has help F1 to have more excitement than it had last year.
Old 27 Apr 2001, 16:50 (Ref:85831)   #20
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Go back and read the original quote. "...exiting CART...". With the engine rules package empty etc. maybe the post wasn't so lame. I haven't found either series all that exciting or all that boring this season yet. And yes, I know that it is a spelling (Freudian slip) error, but that's what makes this place so much fun!
Old 27 Apr 2001, 18:53 (Ref:85921)   #21
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The start of the 2001 F1 season has certainly been more entertaining than I had expected, however I think this has more to do with the last few seasons being so boring that this small improvement is magnified. I hope the "excitement" factor will continue to grow for the rest of the season and it goes down to the wire with 3 or 4 drivers fighting for the championship. I hope I'm wrong but the introduction of TC will make that possibilty unlikely.

Bye
Old 27 Apr 2001, 19:21 (Ref:85943)   #22
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, and remember that the CART season is only two races old. Things will pick up, and I'm expecting the Texas race on Sunday to be a cracker! With the re-introduction of TC, who knows what F1 will be like competition-wise for the rest of the season. I hope my scepticism will be proven wrong, but isn't it just typical that this rule change occurs at this particular moment, when F1 is more exciting than it has been in a long time. (I remember the rule changes ahead of the 98 season - after a very exciting 97 season, we had by comparison an extremely dull 98 season - I fear a repeat.)
Old 29 Apr 2001, 04:27 (Ref:86455)   #23
Aussiefan

It always amazes me when these kind of posts pop up. Anyone with working eyes can tell that F1 and Cart are different. Different cars, different tracks, different rules and regulations. Yet people want to compare the both of them. People seem to only look at whats going on, on screen. If there isn't passing all the time they call it boring.

Old 29 Apr 2001, 05:42 (Ref:86459)   #24
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
I hope my scepticism will be proven wrong, but isn't it just typical that this rule change occurs at this particular moment, when F1 is more exciting than it has been in a long time. (I remember the rule changes ahead of the 98 season - after a very exciting 97 season, we had by comparison an extremely dull 98 season - I fear a repeat.)
My thoughts exactly. When will the FIA ever learn?.
Old 29 Apr 2001, 08:33 (Ref:86464)   #25
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by riusnow

2nd.
I'll add my vote to that !!

Now all of a sudden everybody has got Crystal Balls
How can anybody predict what effect the new technology is going to have on F1 we haven't even had 1 race yet with TC and everybodys saying it will be the end of F1.
Judging by the qualifying it doesn't look like it has made much of an impact to me
Mika even turned his off !
I don't like some of the changes the FIA are bringing into F1 but do we have to consistantly moan about it.
If you don't like it don't watch it and go and post in the http://www.flowerarrangingforum.com

We have had some brilliant race's so far this year better than even I could have expected !
Just look at the likes of Raikkenon,Alonso and Heidfeld who is currently 5th in the driver standings nobody could have predicted what they have done so far this year.
Them Saubers ! flying or what ?

Williams are back with BMW power GO Ralf and JPM
Everyone wanted a different team at the top for once we've had it after only 4 races

DC top of the WDC along with that other fellow !

So far I'm loving it and look forward to each weekends race!

I will NEVER watch a series which involves the cars going round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round round and round and round and round and round and round and round and round

How ever many times they do it and no I will not watch the street circuits

I'll just watch Formula 1