Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jul 2001, 17:15 (Ref:119998)   #1
Sauber_16
Rookie

Sauber_16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad news Minardi/Arrows people!

Stop! Read! Think!

It was brought to my attention just a few moments ago there may be a dreadful outcome for next season, between MINARDI and ARROWS!!

I know you Minrdi supporters have been amazed by the skill, speed and maturity of Alonso, but wait! The bad news I recently read concerned Bernoldi not being very impressive in the eyes of Walkinshaw, who apparently claims he is not enthusiastic about his work, does not behave professionally and lacks fitness along with skill. As if this is not harsh and bad enough (to me anyway) Arrows might be seeking Alonso to join Verstappen. I mean NO!

I have mixed thoughts about Arrows. Whilst they seem to be a good team, with the desire to win but in a more relaxed atmosphere, you have to question whether they ever make steps forward. I thought they had with de la Rosa, but then he was dropped. Since, that promise to frequently earn points has pretty much dissolved, like Sauber used to be, they don't seem to be progressing. Of course Bernoldi is not enthusiastic!! They love Verstappen and neglect the other, but he's not all they make out to be - it's called an empty fuel tank!

And so I worry that Alonso may go, thinking Cosworth engines are a step up and because there is more finance, therefore facilities. What if he is damaged or loses confidence?? He's our future champion!!

MINARDI FAN!! What ever will happen?!

I hope he wins in Hockenheim, and let's have Bernoldi second!

S
Old 21 Jul 2001, 18:14 (Ref:120010)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernoldi deserves a second season in F1. He is doing a good job. The only problem is his car keeps letting him down.
Old 21 Jul 2001, 18:50 (Ref:120025)   #3
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only other team (apart from Minardi) that Fernando may drive for next season is Renault Sport. My money is on him staying at Faenza and being joined by Badoer.
Old 21 Jul 2001, 18:59 (Ref:120029)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso will stay at Minardi next season.
Old 21 Jul 2001, 19:33 (Ref:120035)   #5
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Pedro was offered a contract in september of last year, but he did'nt sign because he wanted more money, it's his own fault he does'nt drive for Arrows this year.

And: Bernoldi is'nt going to stay at Arrows, he may get a chance at another team(Minardi,Prost?), but he wil not drive for Arrows next year, rumoured to be canidates for the 2nd seat are:

-Alonso
-Fisichella
-Wurz
-Button
-Wilson
-Enge
-Webber

so, it's a long list, and as Tom Walkinshaw said when signing Jos for next year:

"we are talking to other drivers and we wanted to let Jos know his seat is safe""

So, bye bye Bernoldi........

BTW: in last weeks qualifying at Silverstone Bernoldi said he was blocked by Jos(but it was so busy at the end that nobody could improve their time) and after that he gave Jos a brake test and both driver where fighting in the pits......
Old 21 Jul 2001, 22:11 (Ref:120065)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
enrique was too fast for words through stowe in the wet.

and he's an absolute sweetheart. whoever sacks him will have me and my friend alison ('ooh! i just met the little orange guy!') to deal with.

arrows go anywhere near fernando, and i'll be waiting outside the door with a big placard saying 'NO!' it's a sin.

fernando would NOT look good in orange

Last edited by bella; 21 Jul 2001 at 22:12.
Old 21 Jul 2001, 23:47 (Ref:120096)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bella, you're a little biased on this one...

Anyway, I can't blame you. You know what you like !
Old 22 Jul 2001, 03:09 (Ref:120123)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
People have been after Bernoldi's head, particularly DC supporters, after the 'incident' in Monaco. I've had discussions with people where they have BLAMED Bernoldi for ruining this years championship!!! It's absolutely ridiculous.

Although Bernoldi is no wunderkind, he has worked hard this year, and steadily improved but I don't want Alonso going anywhere from Minardi. And from what's been coming out of Minardi, he won't be leaving as he is under contract to the team for next season.

Where does this leave Arrows/Bernoldi? Well, he could either be replaced but Bernoldi brings in a lot of sponsorship money (or so I'm led to believe by reports) so it might be foolhardy for the team to let him go.

If Bernoldi was to be replaced, put MARK WEBBER in the car.
Old 22 Jul 2001, 05:03 (Ref:120129)   #9
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Bernoldi working hard???

That's 1 thing why they want to replace him:

Tom:"Bernoldi is'nt professional enough"
Jos:"He's a nice guy, but he spends more time on the internet than with his engineers"
Jos:"Last year I had Pedro to help me develop the car, this year I have to do that alone"
Jos(about next year):"I want a teammate that can help me to get the team up the grid"
Old 22 Jul 2001, 05:18 (Ref:120132)   #10
fastracer
Racer

United States
Irvine, California, USA
fastracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I wrote before in another topic: Alonso isn't going anywhere! Trust me because I know his P.R. person very well and as I said before the only way Alosnso is leaving is if Minardi doesn't have an engine for next year.
Old 22 Jul 2001, 10:00 (Ref:120160)   #11
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Stoddart would be mad to let Alonso go and don't think he would let him go without a fight. Minardi seems to be going to the next level if they can get ferrari power for next year and with alot of luck will have a competitive chassis. If he does leave and Webber doesn't go to Arrows or get a full time drive with Bennetton, Webber driving for Minardi would be a very good thing indeed.
Old 22 Jul 2001, 10:13 (Ref:120161)   #12
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
You said it Allan: IF they can get the Ferrari engine, last year Minardi where thinking they would have a Supertec this year, and still got stuck with the same old engine.......
Old 22 Jul 2001, 10:35 (Ref:120166)   #13
F1Babe
Rookie

F1Babe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think Alsonso will stay at Minardi next seasson, but apparently he only has a 1 year contract.

Bernoldi does deserve another chance, i think he's done alright this season.
Old 22 Jul 2001, 15:02 (Ref:120206)   #14
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Alonso is already confirmed at Minardi for next season - and I doubt he'll go anywhere after that except for Renault (who already seem to have more drivers than they know what to do with!).

Quote:
Originally posted by bella
fernando would NOT look good in orange
Quite agree.
Old 22 Jul 2001, 16:50 (Ref:120231)   #15
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Bernoldi's professionalism is being questioned, then he will find himself out the door sooner than he imagined. There are just too many young drivers available, of whom I think Webber is the most ready, to go there or to Minardi. I think Fernando will stay for 1 more year, unless, as fastracer and AJ pointed out, they don't get a better powerplant next year. Paul S. said that if Prost left Ferrari, he wanted the motors. The problem, as with Prost, is the money to pay for them. He needs another major sponsor or 2.

Old 22 Jul 2001, 20:14 (Ref:120267)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

..Or Diniz buying his shares, and taking full control.
Old 22 Jul 2001, 22:16 (Ref:120314)   #17
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernoldi was made out to be some kind of muppet before the season started. Well he's NOT. All season he HAS worked hard, doing as much if not more testing than Jos. He is consistent and he is not slow. He has outqualified his MUCH more experienced team mate. He is polite and a gentleman, and appreciates his fans. His run-in with DC showed how talented this guy actually is.

Enrique deserves another year at Arrows - and Alonso IS contracted to Minardi for next season. Beyond that, he can only go onto greater things.

I for one am NOT jumping on the Mark Webber bandwagon, as he has never impressed me, and I also find him incredibly arrogant.

Old 22 Jul 2001, 22:19 (Ref:120315)   #18
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MF, you are on dangerous territory here, if you thought the TGF fans were difficult, wait till the Webber army arrives on your doorstep
Old 23 Jul 2001, 03:24 (Ref:120385)   #19
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alongside Webber I think that Justin Wilson deserves a crack of the whip, he's proved this year that he can be consistent as well as fast so I expect that he'll get an F1 drive next year.
Old 23 Jul 2001, 06:25 (Ref:120404)   #20
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
People have been after Bernoldi's head, particularly DC supporters, after the 'incident' in Monaco. I've had discussions with people where they have BLAMED Bernoldi for ruining this years championship!!!
Ha, it was Enrique who ate all the cakes! Poor old DC Maybe EB is the agent of TGF fans asked to ruin DC's dreams

EB isn't a firework in driving, but there were a lot of rookies who looked worse. This year is very productive for talented rookies like Kimi, Alonso, Montoya. And Enrique looks pale near them, but have we such a competition in rookie class previous years?
Old 23 Jul 2001, 06:37 (Ref:120406)   #21
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
I for one am NOT jumping on the Mark Webber bandwagon, as he has never impressed me, and I also find him incredibly arrogant.

Aaarrgghh, Minardi Fan, don't let me hear you say that ever again! The fellow is good, and us Aussies deserve a driver in F1. Apart from the back of the grid Brabham boys, we've been waiting since AJ left in 1986!
Old 23 Jul 2001, 08:13 (Ref:120434)   #22
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
Bernoldi was made out to be some kind of muppet before the season started. Well he's NOT. All season he HAS worked hard, doing as much if not more testing than Jos. He is consistent and he is not slow. He has outqualified his MUCH more experienced team mate. He is polite and a gentleman, and appreciates his fans. His run-in with DC showed how talented this guy actually is.

Enrique deserves another year at Arrows - and Alonso IS contracted to Minardi for next season. Beyond that, he can only go onto greater things.

I agree with everything u said MF. But, as AJ said, look out for the Webber gang. They nearly slaughtered me in the F3000 forum
Go Wilson!!!!!
Old 23 Jul 2001, 11:29 (Ref:120492)   #23
Invincible
Racer

New Zealand-Maori
Warrington
Invincible should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enrique Bernoldi should NEVER have been in F1 to start with, he's like a Taki Inoue kind of guy, with Orange threataning to pull the plug on their Arrows sponsorship, TW had to find someone who had a big sponsor, he saw Bernoldi who was backed by Red Bull and decided to ditch one of his drivers for Bernoldi, he got rid of PDLR and but Enrique in his place!

Like many F1 drivers, Bernoldi was only in the sport for the money!

i.e Taki Inoue
Pedro Diniz
Phillipe Adams
and Paul Belmondo

Adams is a prime example as Alan Jones pointed out at the Belgian GP in 94, he's discussing Adams' career which has spanned a decade and he says
"10 years and a big wallet perhaps!"
Old 23 Jul 2001, 11:55 (Ref:120509)   #24
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i don't think you'll find webber in an arrows next year, not after the bust up him and uncle Tom had last year. What is it with Tom and having problem's with Aussie's, remember Craig Lowdnes
Old 23 Jul 2001, 12:02 (Ref:120511)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
What is it with Tom and having problem's with Aussie's, ........................
Doesn't seem any different to the rest of us then.