Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:39 (Ref:713306)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PLAYSTATION2 or XBOX ?????

My mate has recently lent me his X-BOX.......i was really looking forward playing it ....but now ive got it , i have to say that it seems total pants to what i was expecting .....I used to have a Playstation 1 which was good , and was wondering what the PS2 is like .......surley it must be better than this X-BOX !

Im hoping to drop some hints to see if i can get a 2nd hand machine for myself at christmas , so .........
what do you lot think ?

what console should i get ??

Last edited by Sato san; 9 Sep 2003 at 16:40.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:41 (Ref:713308)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS2 for sure Sato, especially for a racing nut like yourself. It simply has the better games.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:44 (Ref:713313)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
PS2 definatly
Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:50 (Ref:713322)   #4
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a friend who works for Microsoft, and even though he gets a huge discount on their hardware and software, he still refuses to play with the Xbox because it's so bad...
Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:50 (Ref:713323)   #5
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
A few screens from the upcoming GT4 (exclusive to PS2) might sway you...

Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:52 (Ref:713326)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Just out of interest, why do they have Tommi in the Mitsubishi still?
Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:53 (Ref:713328)   #7
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bloody hell !.......PS2 looks great !....i really cant say how dissapointed ive been with the X BOX...its absolutley rubbish .
Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:54 (Ref:713332)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
How much can you pick up a PS2 for now ??......and can they be chipped like the PS1 to play cheap games ?
Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:56 (Ref:713337)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well I own both and the X-Box is the better machine by miles except that it has much less quality titles overall. But that will get better one day. And there is X-Box Live of course......
Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:58 (Ref:713339)   #10
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, the Xbox was a vast improvement over anything else i'd owned... I'd played the PS2 at my friends, and i thought the Xbox might be better. But, it's not really better. As consoles, they are equal. But as D says, Xbox has no good games (except Halo, which is very, very good IMO)
The games for the Xbox are basically underdeveloped. They don't use the consoles full power, but PS2 games do. Has anyone ever seen the graphics for Conflict: Desert Storm? Good game, but it might as well have been made for PS1...
Old 9 Sep 2003, 16:58 (Ref:713341)   #11
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
How much can you pick up a PS2 for now ??......and can they be chipped like the PS1 to play cheap games ?
If you wait till Christmas you should be able to get some good bundle deals for about £180.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 17:02 (Ref:713344)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
yes, they can be chipped, costs about £80, my mates had his done and gets games for a fiver.Including games unavailable in this country.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 17:04 (Ref:713346)   #13
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
All backup copies of games he already owns of course .
Old 9 Sep 2003, 17:25 (Ref:713359)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
oh ,of course !!!...hehhehehhehehee
Old 9 Sep 2003, 18:06 (Ref:713407)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WOAH GT4 looks great!! Sato PS2 for sure,i have one, and have played the X-box at a friends place.I prefer the PS2
Old 9 Sep 2003, 18:16 (Ref:713424)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
PS2 with no contest, much more and better games available for the PS2!

With a PS2, you can never go wrong!
Buy it now!
Old 9 Sep 2003, 20:31 (Ref:713528)   #17
pb btcc
Veteran

pb btcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
iam going to say BUY PS2 as well there loads of games to buy and most of them are brillant.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 23:15 (Ref:713648)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
well , ive just done my own poll , ( as i wasnt allowed to do one ) .......and its

PS2 has 7 votes
X-box has 1

i think i may have to try and get a PS2 then .
Old 9 Sep 2003, 23:21 (Ref:713654)   #19
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PS2 all the way. Better games for sure, plus it's just a simpler design.

The X-Box controller looks as if it was put together by a five year old. What's the point of the giant logo smack-bang in the middle of it? To remind us that we're playing the bloody thing???

Plus the range of games on the X-Box is nothing to shout about. And most can be found on other platforms.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 13:14 (Ref:714071)   #20
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like the Xbox controller. It's far more comfortable than the PS2 ones. (I've had this argument before, i'm not going into details again...
Old 10 Sep 2003, 15:59 (Ref:714225)   #21
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS2. It has the better graphics and better games.

Sony are bringing out an updated PS2. Its supposed to have a quieter fan and slightly improved graphics.

Last edited by Speedworx; 10 Sep 2003 at 16:01.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 16:21 (Ref:714243)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
PS2 has better graphics Hakkiman? Come off it!

And the new PS2 does not have improved graphics. It merely comes equipped with a DVD recorder and fixes the problems of the standard PS2 - ie the laser burning out after about six months. Yes the X-Box has less good games but it lasts longer and is more powerful. Plus you can copy your CD's onto it. And the controller is better. The hard drive is absolutely awesome! Plus it takes four controllers so multiplayer wise it's a winner. Lastly, it has better games in the pipeline and the PS2 franchises are slowly moving over to X-Box (eg Grand Theft Auto!). The DVD playback is superior also. It jumps with PS2 as the laser burns out quickly.
I speak from experience of owning both consoles. I was a Playstation fan and owner for 8 years and I hated X-Box when it came out. But I bought one and realised it is the better machine, just lacking the support. But not for long..........
Old 10 Sep 2003, 16:36 (Ref:714257)   #23
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Laser burning out in 6 months?

I have my PS2 for over 2 years now and still going strong!
Old 10 Sep 2003, 17:29 (Ref:714369)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is a common fault though (1 in 2 PS2's!!!) and Sony are being taken to court over it the last I heard. This is the main reason they are bringing out the revamped PS2.

Anyways, PS3 is out in two years time! And X-Box 2! And another rubbish Nintendo is out next year! Just wait Sato san!
Old 10 Sep 2003, 17:47 (Ref:714385)   #25
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
GTA is going know where Knowlesy, they're just doing a two game bundle of one, year old, game and one two year old game.