Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'll be the man... Juan Pablo.

Coming tracks...
01 September Belgium Spa-Francorchamps
15 September Italy Monza
29 September United States Indianapolis
13 October Japan Suzuka

Best part of the show is coming...
And Montoya will kick some @rses real hard, remember my words...
Old 19 Aug 2002, 16:02 (Ref:361355)   #2
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If those Michelins stick...
I am sure JPM will do well in the remaining races.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 20:21 (Ref:361543)   #3
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
If those Michelins stick...
I am sure JPM will do well in the remaining races.
Not trying to make excuses but Michelin have really let Williams (and the other teams) down this season. And JPM could have had better luck with the Willy. As could Rubens with the red car.

But lets hope JPM can do the biz at the next 4 races. That'll set him up nicely for WDC next year!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 09:09 (Ref:361900)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Montoya looks the best non-Ferrari best for a victory in the rest of the season. The last two race tracks haven't suited his driving style, although he'll have to learn to adapt to them, but the final four are fast and flowing, usually exciting races too, so it ought to happen. I think its 31 years since someone finished 2nd in the championship without taking a win, maybe Montoya will do that.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 09:38 (Ref:361907)   #5
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you realy think anyoane can beat the Ferrari's on speed ... I don't think so ...

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Aug 2002, 10:23 (Ref:361933)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think JPM may do well in the USA like he did last year, but Monza WILL be a Ferrari benefit.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 10:54 (Ref:361941)   #7
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
remember .. JPM won Monza laast year ... and exactly how good will he do in USA ... a win maybe ...???????

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Aug 2002, 10:58 (Ref:361943)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM did win Monza last year, but circumstances have changed since last year. I just picked the USA because, well, I may have a 1 in 4 chance!!!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 11:20 (Ref:361954)   #9
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
well thats good ... Playing at the lottery .. will give you a better chance of wining ... just joking ... US maybe over Ralf ... but 3-1 for Ralf .. i belive ...

Ciao Marco
Old 20 Aug 2002, 16:20 (Ref:362161)   #10
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
I think Spa and Suzuka are the circuits for JPM...
Old 20 Aug 2002, 19:24 (Ref:362321)   #11
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: You'll be the man... Juan Pablo.

Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Coming tracks...
01 September Belgium Spa-Francorchamps
15 September Italy Monza
29 September United States Indianapolis
13 October Japan Suzuka

Best part of the show is coming...
And Montoya will kick some @rses real hard, remember my words...
To some degree, I agree....Probably his own more than anyone else's arse, if the past has taught us anything.......

DC has got it spot on.... "Big balls small brain"or something close to that effect.

Go Schumi!!

Go Kimi!!

Old 20 Aug 2002, 19:39 (Ref:362332)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was a bit miffed by DC's comments, OK JPM may have overdone his defense but at least he tried to defend the position, was it the Nurburgring where Ralf waved TGF through whereas JPM made the gap for Michael as tight as possible, was DC saying that JPM shouldve pulled over and let Kimi pass in Hungary.

Admittedly my comments may be ill informed because I havent read what DC said in detail but thats the impression I got from what I did read.
Old 20 Aug 2002, 19:45 (Ref:362335)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
DC was just talking to take the spotlight off himself having his ass whipped again by his less experienced team mate!
Old 20 Aug 2002, 20:03 (Ref:362351)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Whilst i'm on the subject of DC, just remembered that he also went off the circuit during the race and he wasn't even defending like jpm was .......maybe a case of no talent............. small brain
Old 20 Aug 2002, 20:16 (Ref:362363)   #15
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Since past few years, I have noticed that I am probably the only DC fan on this forum and I must admit that in the past I have defended DC.

I must say that I am beginning to notice a slow downward spiral in DC's confidence levels. The outburst against JPM was nothing but an act of desperation and frustration, something which didnt help him at all, didnt make him look any better and doesnt make up for the fact that the rising superstar Kimi Raikonnen is proving to be much better and faster than him.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 04:11 (Ref:363382)   #16
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Re: Re: You'll be the man... Juan Pablo.

Quote:
Originally posted by RT
To some degree, I agree....Probably his own more than anyone else's arse, if the past has taught us anything.......
Looks good to me...
Spa
Starting Pos = Pole
Race = DNF
Monza
Starting Pos = Pole
Race = Win
Indy
Starting Pos = 3
Race = DNF (leading)
Suzuka
Starting Pos = 2
Race = 2nd
:confused:
Old 22 Aug 2002, 06:53 (Ref:363433)   #17
allen_overy
Racer

allen_overy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the current situation, it's difficult for the Williams to win, except if Ferrari retires. But JPM can be on Pole in one or two of these "power" circuits.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 08:26 (Ref:363469)   #18
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
DC was just talking b******* to take the spotlight off himself having his ass whipped again by his less experienced team mate!
He was just speaking for his young team mate as he is senior enough to whack Montoya of his behaviours on the track.

He did the same by helping when he followed Michael closely as to distract his focus on Kimi before he had to go in for a pit stop.

DC for one thing will help his teammate in any way possible even though the glory would not be his in the end. The MacLarens are the best team in terms of teamwork and DC is doing a bloody good job.

While with Mika, he did let him pass to take the win.

Last edited by Jukebox; 22 Aug 2002 at 08:27.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 09:35 (Ref:363493)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Jukebox

He was just speaking for his young team mate as he is senior enough to whack Montoya of his behaviours on the track.

Are you saying that Kimi can't express himself properly that he has to have DC doing it for him? I don't think so, Kimi may have forced JPM into an error, but he also, once again showed that he is the better driver at McLaren, plus DC made an unforced error and went off the circuit himself!

Standing up for his junior team-mate? Covering up his own blushes more like!
Old 22 Aug 2002, 09:45 (Ref:363497)   #20
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Are you saying that Kimi can't express himself properly that he has to have DC doing it for him?
I'm sure he can, however I suspect that he won't. Anyway, I believe that David's comments (quite pertinent I believe) were triggered more by his love for Montoya.... we shall not forget that Pablo is not at his first mistake of that kind, and David was his victim...
Old 22 Aug 2002, 09:56 (Ref:363504)   #21
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Thank you Red for that reply on my behalf........Kimi said that he made a smooth pass Montoya in his comments, people who watched the race sees otherwise. Now from there we know that Kimi was being too kind towards Montoya and DC has every right to crtitisize Montoya of his actions.

Montoya did interrupt DC's interview once right after Montoya's error that caused both of them to DNF. And it's mighty rude of him....i'd still be ****ed at him if i was DC
Old 22 Aug 2002, 10:01 (Ref:363507)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Thank you Red for that reply on my behalf........
Always knew that you two were on the same team, I presume that Red is the "senior" team-mate as he's posted more!

Quote:
DC has every right to crtitisize Montoya of his actions.

Dc's made more than his fair share of cock up's and embarressing moments, maybe a case of the pot calling the kettle black?
Old 22 Aug 2002, 10:09 (Ref:363510)   #23
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Quote:
Always knew that you two were on the same team, I presume that Red is the "senior" team-mate as he's posted more!
Er...Does that supposed to mean anything? cause i don't get what you are really trying to imply. At least us tifosi stand by eachother against you all Juan the Great supporters. or do i have to bow (like what the Mallet did)each time replying to your posts since you too had more posts and registered earlier than me?

Quote:
Dc's made more than his fair share of cock up's and embarressing moments, maybe a case of the pot calling the kettle black?
Montoya made an ass of himself more than DC did, or we should start counting?

I don't understand why you should pick on DC as he always helped Kimi and i know you yourself supports Kimi.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 10:24 (Ref:363520)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Er...Does that supposed to mean anything? cause i don't get what you are really trying to imply.

I was having a joke with you, you posted that DC was standing up for his team-mate then Red spoke out on your behalf! it was a joke, don't think i'll bother in future

Quote:

Lets if you want, my point was though, that he critized JPM for a mistake during the race (i.e...going off) when he did exactly the same thing (go off), Maybe DC should keep his mouth shut thats all.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 10:27 (Ref:363524)   #25
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I
yes !!..lets start counting !..

sounds fun..

Let the truth be told !