Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Mar 2003, 14:33 (Ref:538970)   #1
TVRfan
Racer

Wales
TVRfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TVR at Sebring

Just because no-one has said it yer, congratulations to TVR at Sebring, 7th in class is promising, especially with their air and power restrictors. no problems and their first international race, well done guys and good luck for Le Mans
Old 17 Mar 2003, 14:36 (Ref:538975)   #2
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has to be better than the Morgan.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 14:42 (Ref:538979)   #3
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lucky 7, TVR will do well, i am not sure if they will be a force but they will challenge a bit.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 16:15 (Ref:539063)   #4
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i didn't know the Morgan ran! then again i dont know a lot about Sebring. what happend to the Morgan? i know its not very good but it looks so cool, like a wacky racer. And yes congratulations TVR, it always to see British teams showing promise.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 16:50 (Ref:539113)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, it was impressive and they deserve a few plaudits. I'm looking forward to seeing TVR at Le Mans, for sure.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 16:56 (Ref:539129)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Lots of Sebring pics here :
http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm...m_article=4951
but still no nice pic of the TVR (just a small one behind the Dallara)
Old 17 Mar 2003, 17:05 (Ref:539152)   #7
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think seventh was a pretty good result seeing it's the first time the car has ran in anger - Roll on Le Mans.

I may be wrong, but I think the Morgan had its entry refused because the roll cage didn't meet the regs. Shame really because it was getting very competitive. I've also seen a "For sale" ad for it on the back of Autosport recently, so if anyone's got a spare hundred grand lying around.....
Old 17 Mar 2003, 17:55 (Ref:539203)   #8
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I heard that the Morgan withdrawn for financial problems... The Morgan was allowed to race last year at LM, so no problem for the ACO specs applied in ALMS races...
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:02 (Ref:539285)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, the TVR was very impressive and just think what it can do with some testing behind it.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:04 (Ref:539289)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nice car. Nice colors.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 19:27 (Ref:539321)   #11
Kid Prozac
Racer

Kid Prozac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
No, the TVR was very impressive and just think what it can do with some testing behind it.
especially with the restrictors they had to run with at sebring were smaller than anticipated so all the engine work leading upto the event had been done with a different, larger, restrictor
Old 17 Mar 2003, 23:48 (Ref:539638)   #12
brightline
Racer

United States
Temple Terrace, FL
brightline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Morgan was at Sebring but they did not run it, no idea why.
Old 18 Mar 2003, 04:48 (Ref:539775)   #13
Sebring2000
Rookie

Sebring2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just got back and uploaded some of my files of the TVR. It was great to see that car finish. I hope to see more of it. What a great looking car!

Some Sebring Pics

The files are large!
Old 19 Mar 2003, 00:12 (Ref:540780)   #14
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What was significant about the TVR, was its consistancy. It didn't spend any time in the garage as far as I know. Even if it never comes close to a class win, at least it can fill the grid with something that won't just quit, maybe. While the Sebring effort was sound, I'm waiting for a decent running schedule before I give my applause.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 21 Mar 2003, 17:48 (Ref:543373)   #15
Kid Prozac
Racer

Kid Prozac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good news! the tvr has been promoted to sixth overall cos of the porsches disqualification.
on another note speaking to members of the team, they believe they would have been 5th(4th) had it not been for the problems they had, and also stated that this could possibly have been third, as they were putting in faster times than the JMB Ferrari......... ceratinly lookks very promising for the rest of the season
Old 21 Mar 2003, 18:29 (Ref:543403)   #16
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Morgan looks so much better in the street version than the race version...

The retro styling of the Morgan * with a wing stuck on the trunk sticks out like a sore thumb...

Like pouring Ketchup on a Pittsburgh Rare Filet Mignon...

One American Open Wheel Series!