Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Dec 2007, 21:32 (Ref:2088231)   #1
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2008 F1GP Celeb Race

Next years Celebrity Race at Albert Park is going to use the newly released Fiat 500.

Celebs mentioned so far are;
Nathan Buckley (AFL)
Luke Darcy (AFL)
Ben Tune (Rugby)

Having just seen Captain Slow test one on the most recent edition of Top Gear from the UK it's going to be a slow race
Old 13 Dec 2007, 22:40 (Ref:2088266)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Any bets on whether any of them will end up on their lids?

Tiny little cars and high kerbs with rookies sounds a bit... um.. challenging
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Dec 2007, 23:46 (Ref:2088291)   #3
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I read somewhere the celebrities next year were all going to be athletes from other sports.

After seeing that Top Gear story PVDA has mentioned they should get the Aussie BMX Champion in...and let him use his BMX.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 01:07 (Ref:2088338)   #4
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, 75 kilowatts plus a race exhaust doesn't sound all that exciting. Celebrity races are a joke, especially when they get ******** commentators like Daryl Eastlake and Alan Jones in the box to call them.
Old 14 Dec 2007, 01:24 (Ref:2088342)   #5
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the best races was one of the last, if not the, Adelaide one that used V8 Police pack Commodores with standard Diff's fitted.

Lots of smoke from inside rears and lots of fun.
Old 15 Dec 2007, 22:22 (Ref:2089698)   #6
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some things look better on TV.

The celeb race does little to excite me trackside.

Put 'em in formula fords.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 01:03 (Ref:2089763)   #7
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
One of the best races was one of the last, if not the, Adelaide one that used V8 Police pack Commodores with standard Diff's fitted.

Lots of smoke from inside rears and lots of fun.
The Calibra race (94?) was pretty exciting also............... those girls were rather competitive if nothing else.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 01:24 (Ref:2089767)   #8
Peter Nightingale
Racer

Australia
Australia
Peter Nightingale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=PVDA]Next years Celebrity Race at Albert Park is going to use the newly released Fiat 500................................................................................................. .......... Is this an omen for a FERRARI victory ???
Old 16 Dec 2007, 04:25 (Ref:2089778)   #9
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned pony
Yeah, 75 kilowatts plus a race exhaust doesn't sound all that exciting. Celebrity races are a joke, especially when they get ******** commentators like Daryl Eastlake and Alan Jones in the box to call them.
May be a joke, but, stupidly fun to watch on TV, haha. Many inexperienced drivers, in 'racing' cars, all gunning for it. Plenty of bent sheetmetal and torn plastic will be everywhere, haha.
Old 16 Dec 2007, 10:30 (Ref:2089847)   #10
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can still remember the huge "thump" as Gordon Elliott fired into the wall one year at the Adelaide GP...

I think they were driving Mitsubishi Cordias that year. Now there's a car Jeremy Clarkson would have dropped from a helicopter
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 17 Dec 2007, 00:09 (Ref:2090190)   #11
Used Car
Racer

Alderney
In the big house without my wife & kids
Used Car should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone willing to take a book on this event?

I will put a lazy hundred on 4 Fiat 500's going "tits up"

To all whose lives I have touched in my short time here, may your eggs turn into chickens and kick your house down.
Old 17 Dec 2007, 00:11 (Ref:2090192)   #12
Used Car
Racer

Alderney
In the big house without my wife & kids
Used Car should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter
Can still remember the huge "thump" as Gordon Elliott fired into the wall one year at the Adelaide GP...

I think they were driving Mitsubishi Cordias that year. Now there's a car Jeremy Clarkson would have dropped from a helicopter
I had a Cordia once.. the turbo version.. while Holden sorted their V8ULP problem. Phenomenal at high speed. Torque steer that would scare you to death. Wouldnt stop. Then we got Commodore Turbos. Same dog, different fleas

To all whose lives I have touched in my short time here, may your eggs turn into chickens and kick your house down.