Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Feb 2003, 19:56 (Ref:499840)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Montoya or Raikkonen win a race in 2003?

This may sound like an absurd question, but neither of them managed to do so last year, but then again, the F2002 was only beaten once, by Coulthard in Monaco.

But do you think Montoya or Raikkonen will get a win this year? I hope they do, because if next year is another winless season for them, their careers could stall due to unrealistically high media expectations. And if they do win, I hope it's on merit and not by the Ferraris having problems ahead of them.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 20:01 (Ref:499844)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf lucked into a win in Malaysia as well remember. I can't see it at the moment, I'll let you know after Aus.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 21:27 (Ref:499907)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Ralf's win was against the F2001 though!

They've certainly got it in them. But they need the car to have improved, as YM essentially said, if the car is ther they can win. Kimi came so close in France, and JPM has proved he can - the potential driver wise is there. It's if the car can conquer the Ferrari
Old 7 Feb 2003, 21:39 (Ref:499916)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Which looks unlikely at the moment.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 21:45 (Ref:499925)   #5
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe... We haven't seen the new McLaren yet.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 21:47 (Ref:499928)   #6
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
and you won't until Imola, no official unvailing this year.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 21:48 (Ref:499931)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
What? Really? Why so hush-hush?
Old 7 Feb 2003, 21:51 (Ref:499935)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Well they're running the MP4/17D until then so there's really no point launching a car that won't be running for 3 months.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 21:56 (Ref:499945)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Unless you are Ferrari...

By the way, here is the view from Juan's car this season:
Attached Thumbnails
f2003back.jpg  
Old 7 Feb 2003, 21:58 (Ref:499950)   #10
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England

(BTW, no it won't, there's no way he'll ever get that close, with the form they're showing in testing.)
Old 7 Feb 2003, 21:59 (Ref:499953)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Hehehe... sure he will... Its Juan... he can put a tank on the second row
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:04 (Ref:499963)   #12
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Have I stepped into some alternate universe!! I'm praising Ferrari and you're praising Juan .
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:13 (Ref:499984)   #13
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Damon, my friend... I stopped my BS about Juan being "just another CART guy" after he got his 4th or 5th pole I may be prejudiced against CART, but I'm not so stupid as to be blinded by the fact that this guy is for real!

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 7 Feb 2003 at 22:14.
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:16 (Ref:499990)   #14
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i bet JPM wins a race this year ferraris luck can only last soo long even with the amazing set of wheels
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:27 (Ref:500012)   #15
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And here's Ferrari's view of the McLarens this season...oh dear, they got away that fast?
Attached Images

Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:28 (Ref:500020)   #16
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I assume that is the view in the Ferrari rear view mirror?
Old 7 Feb 2003, 22:31 (Ref:500025)   #17
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I hope you are right Logrence, and McLaren are dominant, but I just can't see it happening
Old 8 Feb 2003, 01:55 (Ref:500231)   #18
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If anyone other than Ferrari was to win on merit then you'd expect JPM or KR to be the ones to do it. (presuming they're teams are 2nd or 3rd best) Then again, Ferrari not winning means something extraordinary occured.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 08:30 (Ref:500357)   #19
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think both these guys will win a race this year......I really want to see Kimi break his duck , and Montoya should be very fired up....it just so much depends on what cars the teams can produce.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 16:36 (Ref:500673)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
it just so much depends on what cars the teams can produce.
agreed, but no matter how much Williams and McLaren improve their cars over last season, it won't be enough to challange Ferrari. (in race trim at least). However, Michaels reliability last season was unheard of, surely it can't continue this season to the same degree.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 17:25 (Ref:500705)   #21
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem is Michael doesnt need his car to be the best to win... If he has the best car he wins by a lap. The ferrari needs to be a pig or very unreliable for anyone else to win.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 17:59 (Ref:500725)   #22
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi was close to win last year, but Michael had a penalty that day...

I don't know. If for once the damn Ferrari #1 failed...
Old 8 Feb 2003, 18:22 (Ref:500736)   #23
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
David, I think if Schu's car was equal to the Mclaren Williams then the fight would be a lot closer than you think.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 18:31 (Ref:500742)   #24
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Schumacher finishes every race without any major dramas, he could make it a Ferrari clean-sweep of victories. If the hardware was more equal, both could win at least a few races. I don't expect Ralf or DC to take any wins unless they are lucky in the races Kimi, Juan and the Ferraris are all unlucky.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 20:14 (Ref:500820)   #25
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not so sure about that, Boots. On his day, DC is a match, and more than that, for anyone. Remember Brazil 01 and Monaco 02. Ralf is good too, if he can control the race from the front.

Will Kimi or Montoya win a race in 2003? I don't know. I hope so. I hope they both win at least one race each, but I can't really see the Ferrari going seriously backwards, so I fully expect TGF to win around 10 races this year, Rubens 3 or 4, and the remaining 2 or 3 will be won by the McLaren and Williams boys. Who will win those races is very difficult to say. It may well be much down to circumstance, as we saw in the Malaysian GP last year.

Tags
jpm