Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 26 May 2004, 02:22 (Ref:983326)   #1
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dixon Seals Multi-Year Deal with Ganassi

On Wind Tunnel tonight they announced that Dixon signed a multi-year deal with Ganassi. I think it was the right move for him. This would appear to make rumours of him going to F1 unlikely.
Old 26 May 2004, 02:32 (Ref:983332)   #2
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they also refuse to confirn/deny if it has an out clause if he is offered an F1 contract.
I fail to see scott dismissing the dream, maybe the C/G team think it was such a small chance they allowed the clause?
time may tell i spose..
Old 26 May 2004, 05:52 (Ref:983404)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
bugger , I wanna see him go to F1 , i hope your right about the get out clause Blueblood.

Oh well at least we still get to see him in Indycar competition for the next few years.
Old 26 May 2004, 06:45 (Ref:983440)   #4
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Keep in mind that Williams has a whole boatload of drivers (including several with plenty of Formula 1 experience) with their sights on those two vacant seats, and Dixon isn't necessarily near the top of that list (even though he did real good in the recent tests).
Old 26 May 2004, 06:54 (Ref:983449)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
and you cant blame Chip for wanting to snap him up as well.

when your onto something good as they say.............
Old 26 May 2004, 08:25 (Ref:983513)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Assumign that there's a get-out clause in there, this is good news for both parties.
Old 26 May 2004, 12:01 (Ref:983755)   #7
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Assumign that there's a get-out clause in there, this is good news for both parties.

Dixon said yesterday that the new contract provides for Chip to make a little money if he goes to another series. Chip doesn't do anything without making sure he makes money.
Old 26 May 2004, 20:32 (Ref:984368)   #8
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the way Scotts been driving this year, its probably a good thing to get this settled now, so he can concentrate on IndyCars again.

The whole F1 thing seemed to be a distraction IMO.

PS - Jeff Gordon last night on Windtunnel, did leave a slight opening for F1, by not saying that he wouldn't do it!

Danica Patrick
Old 26 May 2004, 22:42 (Ref:984513)   #9
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the contract is good for all and i bet the opening is in it for williams F1 and no others...when good sir Frank is ready for it.
Old 28 May 2004, 02:17 (Ref:985665)   #10
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Floyd has a long history with Sir Frank (see Zanardi, Montoya, etc).

My suspicion is that there is a quid pro quo here in that Floyd keeps Scott racing and well-paid and when Sir Frank is ready he pays the "transfer fee" (not unlike in football - soccer to you all) if Scott turns out to be his next choice.

Everybody is happy: Frank, because Scott is readily available but gaining experience at someone else's expense, Floyd, because he has a good driver under contract and IF he goes gets $$ for his trouble. finally Scott gets to do what he loves to do and still be paid for it!

Not a bad thing for any of the parties.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 28 May 2004, 04:00 (Ref:985701)   #11
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
who the heck is Floyd ???????????

im guessing thats Chip's real name is it ?

Chip hey , could have easilly been Bubba Ganassi
Old 28 May 2004, 09:13 (Ref:985901)   #12
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, I knew Chip way back when I was a struggling Showroom Stocker who drove his race car to the track (it was my only car) and Chip (Floyd) was the pride of Steel Cities Region SCCA as he was a "Student Racer." Chip was in college at the time and had 2 identical Formula Fords to choose from on race days - like most College Students. His dad was a very successful businessman and had plenty of $$$$.

Jealous? me?? Nahhhh! Well, yes, I was actually...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.