Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Jul 2002, 18:36 (Ref:326656)   #1
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elan stock tanks

It is a good thing that Panoz sold his Elan stock as it has taken a fall of Worldcom proportions. Some of the same issues are the reason why it is in the tank.

He has sold it hasn't he? I would hate to think Uncle Don has borrowed money for the ALMS on his Elan holdings.

I sure hope that Panoz doesn't find himself before Congress explaining things that happened during his tenure at the company he founded.

Given the solid track record the ALMS has I can't believe that Elan engaged in any "smoke and mirrors" activity while Don was still involved in the company.

KM
Old 3 Jul 2002, 19:23 (Ref:326678)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
?????

Your sarcasm is pretty thick there, Max - but you're the insider. Can you lay it out for me?

I like Dr Panoz for what he's done to Mosport, and am an ALMS fan largely because I get to see them at Mosport. But I know nothing about the business side of the series...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 3 Jul 2002, 19:35 (Ref:326685)   #3
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know anymore than what I see on CNBC. I doubt (or at least hope) that Panoz and the ALMS is not affected.

KM
Old 3 Jul 2002, 19:48 (Ref:326687)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what I see at Yahoo, Dr Don isn't listed in the "insider trades" for the last two years. I guess that only applies to the officers of the company, of which he is not one, is he? I have no idea how you might find out who holds what stock, other than Yahoo's list of institutional and mutual fund holders.

They've been getting hammered for about 6 months, now.

When you first posted, I thought "wait, isn't Elan the company that made that wobbly motor for the LMP-07?"
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 4 Jul 2002, 13:00 (Ref:327038)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If that's what the Elan is, then they deserve to tank. However, you notice the Mugen engine has not made that car any better!

Having lived for a long time now and seen numerous stock market crashes, I am phlegmatic about this one too and anticipate that Dr. Don will come out of it smelling much better than Toronto smells just now!
Old 4 Jul 2002, 14:02 (Ref:327070)   #6
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Dr Don has sold his shares, then he did so at the height of the market, he is know sitting in his office thinking about buying them back. Sell-high buy-low.