Old 31 Mar 2008, 18:12 (Ref:2166336)   #1
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands Mud Stories Anyone ???

I was stuck in at 07.15 on the Sunday?

Towed out at 09.00 then parked outside the circuit. Don't you just love rear wheel drive and mud!

Amazingly came away with both ankles intact!

Still washing everything now!

One thing which did tickle me given my earlier castigation of the revisions at Clarke Curve was the fact that given the bigger fence etc to prevent spectator injuries I think the volatile turf may have caused much more danger!! Funny how by far the most dangerous thing there all weekend was absolutely nothing to do with the racing!! Just goes to show good old Nanny State can't fix the climate!

Still they were putting bark chippings down at Burger vans and leaving sloped walkways alone, so at least you could stuff yourself in the ambulance on the way to X-Ray.

Just a few light hearted comments fully realize that it was all down to the weather which no-one can control.

Last edited by Paddockman; 31 Mar 2008 at 18:15.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2167164)   #2
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got down the hill from Druids a lot quicker...

Note to self, maybe take proper boots next time, not just oldest pair of trainers.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 19:30 (Ref:2167253)   #3
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i went along to brands for the truck meeting and got my car stuck on the outside of druids behind the tea stall thankfully i drew a crowd and was towed out by a 4x4 who then got stuck . the car was caked in mud and my mate was covered head to tow in mud although me wheelspinning the car flicking mud up him did not help matters
Old 2 Apr 2008, 09:59 (Ref:2167670)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I was there for the truck meeting (Sunday) and the BTCC (Sunday) - it had definitely got worse. The people in the car park directing you to where they wanted you to park were struggling. Cars were getting bogged down getting into the car park and mine refused to head in the direction they wanted - turned the wheel but terminal understeer saw me head off and park in an entriely different place. The car then proceeded to sink into the ground as I walke away.

Got back to the car afterwards and expected trouble getting out - most of the gateways had cars firmly stick in them. Got the car moving ok and would have been ok but I had to stop as someone cut me up. Once stopped the car sank again and needed a push to get out (thanks to those nice chaps with the Cavalier that gave me a shove and got splattered with mud for their troubles!). The car seemed less prone to wheel spin in reverse so I made by way backwards up the car park onto th gravel road and from then on it was all straightforward.

I'm not sure what can be done about it - grass car parks will get boggy if it rains enough and are used heavily. Two big weekends in a row with no let up in weather didn't help. I can't really criticise MSV too much though - there were Land Rovers in the car parks to pull people out and plenty of MSV car park marshals on hand to help out. My car is now a shade of brown. If MSV want their car park back they can come and wash it off my car

Jaysalv - how did you get stuck on the outside of Druids? I was up there on the Sunday of the truck meeting with my car and it was all fairly solid in comparison with everywhere else!
Old 2 Apr 2008, 10:26 (Ref:2167696)   #5
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year I went to Brands and rode my mountain bike there. Can't remember which meet, I think it was the Masters. That qas quite a wet meet.
I was riding around the back of the GP loop where that clay-type mud is and my knobbly tyres became chock full of mud. That wasn't too bad, but then when I was riding back home down the hill and going quite quickly (always try and set the speed camera off), all the mud flew off my tyres and went all over my face, backpack, in my mouth, etc!!
I had to stop at the Caltex and wash it all off!
Old 23 May 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2210083)   #6
mufc6000
Racer

United Kingdom
Kent, England
mufc6000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went to the world touring cars at Brands a few yars ago and at the start of the second half of racing it starts raining, and as I am standing on druids hill I become covered in mud.

Worse was to come however as a mate of mines work colleague had decided to bring his Porsche down to show it off and it had become stuck in the bog that was once the car park.

Me and the person I had travelled with had to lift the entire back of the car up for the tires to get enough grip to pull away, but not before caking us both in more mud.

Old 7 Nov 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2330294)   #7
dan290888
Rookie

England
Kent
dan290888 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it was last year at the masters I saw a 4x4 (shogun I think?) struggling and sliding left and right in some mud behind the toilets at druids so I thought id have a go in my 12 year old rover 214! supprisingly the rover flew through no trouble at all!
Old 11 Nov 2008, 00:45 (Ref:2332837)   #8
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All I can sayis that, after spending two days, last weekend, at post 4A, and the amount of things we had to deal with, I was absolutely covered in the stuff