Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Aug 2024, 09:45 (Ref:4222152)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bentley Drivers Club, Silverstone, 10th August, 2024

Very good entries for this meeting on Saturday, including 22 prewar Astons in the St John Horsfall race. Loads of Bentleys, of course, and Morgans. FISCAR have an entry of 40 cars, our best for many years. Full details here:-

https://www.bdcl.org/motorsport/bdc-silverstone-2023-(1)
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 9 Aug 2024, 07:03 (Ref:4222226)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll see you there.
Old 9 Aug 2024, 07:38 (Ref:4222234)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Excellent, Peter - please come and find us if you have time - we have a number of garages adjacent to the scrutineering bay. It'll be a 'long time no see'.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 9 Aug 2024, 08:17 (Ref:4222237)   #4
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Very good entries for this meeting on Saturday, including 22 prewar Astons in the St John Horsfall race. Loads of Bentleys, of course, and Morgans. FISCAR have an entry of 40 cars, our best for many years. Full details here:-

https://www.bdcl.org/motorsport/bdc-silverstone-2023-(1)
I was contemplating going to this meeting, but couldn't find any info at all, i also can't access the link above to view entries, it seems i have to be a member just to view the entry list, is that correct ?
Old 9 Aug 2024, 09:09 (Ref:4222238)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Well, I'm not a member and it is now giving me an error message. However if you go to Motorsport in the menu and then click on BDC Silverstone 2024, you should be presented with a virtual notice board that provides PDF files for each of the races listing the entries.
Old 9 Aug 2024, 10:52 (Ref:4222253)   #6
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks John, got them. Will be there, some nice entries.

Old 10 Aug 2024, 17:58 (Ref:4222389)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it was a good day, but I failed to find John. Good to talk to Peter O.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 11:24 (Ref:4222532)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Peter, really sorry not to catch up. I was around our garages some of the time but also meeting and greeting our drivers. Of course, I look so old now that you may not have recognised me especially as I'm using a crutch (awaiting hip replacement).

It was a good meeting and I actually managed to watch the St John Horsfall as well as FISCAR. I'm biased of course, but thought our grid was pretty impressive.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 11:32 (Ref:4222534)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Peter, really sorry not catch up. I was around our garages some of the time but also meeting and greeting our drivers. Of course, I look so old now that you may not have recognised me especially as I'm using a crutch (awaiting hip replacement).
Ah, that explains it, I did spot a crutch but failed to connect with you.

Quote:
It was a good meeting and I actually managed to watch the St John Horsfall as well as FISCAR. I'm biased of course, but thought our grid was pretty impressive.
I enjoyed the day immensely and met some old mates and a tenther whom I've not met before. Yup, your grid was impressive, I've sent you some photos that I hope you like.

Although the "start" of the Big Bentley race was a bit drawn out, it was fun watching the drivers wrestle those "lorries" around the club circuit. They really aren't built for that type of racing.

Possibly the drive of the day would be the MGA and TR250 in the sportscar race. Very close until the yellow flag on the penultimate lap.
Attached Thumbnails
BDC 2024 (1396).jpg  
Old 12 Aug 2024, 12:58 (Ref:4222546)   #10
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of info about St John Horsfall

https://forums.autosport.com/topic/1...jock-horsfall/

The man was an absolute hero , although a lot of his wartime exploits are still secret . So it is good that he is still mentioned today.