Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Apr 2008, 03:46 (Ref:2171859)   #1
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
MrX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mini Challenge = Australia's most boring motorsport??

What a weekend at Wakefield. MrX loved it up there and thought that the racing was great except for the Mini's.

Seriously, it has to be the most boring class of motor racing you could ever watch! I recon that they should cut their losses and walk away from it already and get some of the other entertaining motorsport that we have on offer to support the V8's.

Rant over, X feels better now.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:04 (Ref:2171863)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
neally every post of your's is negative mate and you seem to keep rubbishing support categories first the ARC now this, why atleast you had racing? while i thought at EC some of the racing was good some was a tad boring, the category is only 2 rounds old i think it will improve.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:05 (Ref:2171864)   #3
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
aussieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i cant remember where i heard this, but it is alledged that there are still cars, licences to be filled/purchased. can anyone confirm this??
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:10 (Ref:2171866)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are likely to be 25 cars on the grid by season's end... quite how many will be funded by BMW Group will be interesting.....

The thing I thought was difficult was telling all the red Minis apart... other than the 2 blue Decorug cars, and Mr Sherrin's yellow self-branded car... the rest were really difficult to make out....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:14 (Ref:2171870)   #5
aussieracer
Racer

Australia
australia
aussieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there a marketing clash with all the red or is it just the fact that most are still looking for sponsors??
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:16 (Ref:2171874)   #6
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
hehe the Sherrin cars in any class are always easy to find, just look at the back of the field.

Pro Racer i am just telling it how it is. The only reason my comments about ARC are so offensive is simply because they are the truth and the truth hurts some poeple. Anyway, this isnt about ARC so keep it on topic! Mini's to me were a big let down to the point when i think that they were boring to watch; obviously you dont agree?
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:20 (Ref:2171877)   #7
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i do agree with certain aspects i only seen them at EC where i thought the majority of the racing was okay but some bits were as boring as bat ****.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:23 (Ref:2171878)   #8
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't seen them yet, does anyone know which V8 events they will be supporting this year?

Mick
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:38 (Ref:2171881)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant tell you if they were boring or not, as when they were on I chose to go for a walk through the pits, get something to eat and go to the toilet......................but that probably answers the question

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:41 (Ref:2171882)   #10
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new pie and chips category.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:47 (Ref:2171887)   #11
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i do agree with certain aspects i only seen them at EC where i thought the majority of the racing was okay but some bits were as boring as bat ****.
Mate I only watched it on TV and they usually find the good bits, shame they didn't!
Old 7 Apr 2008, 04:50 (Ref:2171888)   #12
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
There are likely to be 25 cars on the grid by season's end... quite how many will be funded by BMW Group will be interesting.....

The thing I thought was difficult was telling all the red Minis apart... other than the 2 blue Decorug cars, and Mr Sherrin's yellow self-branded car... the rest were really difficult to make out....
I can imagine how Kevin Miller and Darren Berry's lime GREEN cars blended in with the remainder of the field.....
Old 7 Apr 2008, 05:06 (Ref:2171894)   #13
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
I cant tell you if they were boring or not, as when they were on I chose to go for a walk through the pits, get something to eat and go to the toilet......................but that probably answers the question
x2
Old 7 Apr 2008, 05:51 (Ref:2171910)   #14
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another expensive one-make class we don't need....

However a cheap 'non-exclusive' (re.. not one make) series for little hatchbacks could be a good idea, producing racing like we had with the Laser's and the Suzuki's
Old 7 Apr 2008, 05:57 (Ref:2171913)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacors
I can imagine how Kevin Miller and Darren Berry's lime GREEN cars blended in with the remainder of the field.....
From the back? The red cars were fighting for position at the front...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Apr 2008, 07:27 (Ref:2171943)   #16
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
The new pie and chips category.

jeez Baz, you made it there??

how is your formula ford team going???

mini's = slow, boring, quiet, expensive, ugly, toys.....
Old 7 Apr 2008, 08:47 (Ref:2172006)   #17
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BINIs

I think the problem is that they handle so well it just looks boring...maybe allow a little more engine development so that they get some attitude??

The other thing is that they sound like a bee swarm (a kilometre away!!)....maybe a free flow exhaust as well??

Reasonably close racing...but hard to get excited
Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2172023)   #18
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The exhausts need a bit more bark to them. I'd expect that sort of exhaust on a hotted up roadcar. They can get pretty sideways through T2 at Wakefield though..... more cars will also help spice up the spectacle. They certainly aren't slow though. 1:05 around Wakefield is not hanging around. But I guess it's like how people think Formula Fords are slow......
Old 7 Apr 2008, 10:30 (Ref:2172084)   #19
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Another expensive one-make class we don't need....

However a cheap 'non-exclusive' (re.. not one make) series for little hatchbacks could be a good idea, producing racing like we had with the Laser's and the Suzuki's
Yep, it would have to be diesel to add some marketing pizazz... a C4 vs Focus vs Astra vs i30 vs Golf vs Megane vs 308 'mega-batte' .

However all these cars already can be entered in the Production Cars, and any manufacturer competition series allowing the same liberties like soft tyres, racing suspension etc as the one make series would no doubt be subject to development costs that spiral into madness .

Wonder if the black wiggle would be interested in such a class as the big name support act to the V8s ? Getting importers on side to tip in huge bucks for a proper competitive make vs make 4 cylinder touring/production class would be quite a coup. Yet BMW is already tipping in the bucks and the Minis are already racing, a tricky one :| .
Old 7 Apr 2008, 23:19 (Ref:2172789)   #20
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They are boring.
Old 8 Apr 2008, 00:07 (Ref:2172808)   #21
Flagger
Racer

Flagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw them at Eastern creek and they were boring there and by the tune of this thread they were worse at goulbourn,there is only a couple of drivers who are any good the others are clubbie types. cant understand how they got on at Bathurst that will be mega boring. shows the TV has nothing to do with entertainment it is only how much money is paid to avesco and BMW has clearly paid a lot. Its just another class the sport doesnt need,sucking heaps of money and presumably getting smaller.
Old 8 Apr 2008, 00:21 (Ref:2172813)   #22
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
HOLY POOP... Flagger agrees with me
Old 8 Apr 2008, 04:02 (Ref:2172856)   #23
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if VE$A & CAM$ were fair dinkum about this sort of racing, they would round up all the cars left over from 'one make series' and lump them in together for a good old fashioned 'Butchers Picnic' series.

The fasted 40 get a start, the others are on the trailer.

Now lets see you could have: (in no specific order, and please feel free to add to the list)

Mini's

Loti (the plural of Lotus')

Mitsubishi Mirages

Mazda 121's

Suzuki swift's

MG's

Ford Laser's

And I'm sure that would only be about half of the eligible classes.
Old 8 Apr 2008, 05:39 (Ref:2172870)   #24
Flagger
Racer

Flagger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every one of those classes slid off the scene Uncle and in the majority of cases took hefty losses with them particularly the Lotususss(sss for snoring which is what we all did when they were on) rarely do you see a car with a body kit that doesnt look better than the standard version but those wings and sily rear undertray are ugly to the max.
Old 8 Apr 2008, 05:42 (Ref:2172871)   #25
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe Bimmers and Fiats from the celebrity races at the GP