Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Apr 2006, 00:01 (Ref:1568613)   #1
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AusGP driver ratings

just for a bit of fun, here is my impression of the AusGP, with driver ratings (out of 5 stars - for the entire weekend performance). Feel free to criticise or post your own:

1 Fernando Alonso Renault 4.5/5

comfortable race win, solid qualifying, pretty flawless performance all weekend.

2 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 4/5

solid race with a couple of minor problems, couldn't challenge FA, but looked like he was happy with getting some solid points in the bank.

3 Ralf Schumacher Toyota 3.5/5

made some blunders which didn't cost him, but at the end of the day kept his nose clean and did what he needed to do to get a much needed podium (yellow flags pending)...

4 Nick Heidfeld Sauber-BMW 4/5

solid qualifying with heavy fuel, and a good race result, if not a little quiet but can't blame him for that. Solid drive.

5 Giancarlo Fisichella Renault 3.5/5

Ooops! would have been a really good weekend for fisi if he hadn't had the stall on the grid - good quali, and good race to get back and salvage points.

6 Jacques Villeneuve Sauber-BMW 4/5

Was really impressed with JV this weekend, and looks like he's getting back to his form of old. Did what needed to be done.

7 Rubens Barrichello Honda 2.5/5

That quali was shocking. Race wasn't anything special either, couldn't even get past Sato! drove a conservative race and got some points though, slightly redeeming.

8 David Coulthard RBR-Ferrari 2/5

pretty average really. DCs making the headlines more from his comments about other drivers than anything he's doing these days...

9 Jenson Button Honda 3/5

excellent quali, was very impressed, but you've gotta race as well. He was pretty disappointing and didn't look like a front runner.

10 Christijan Albers MF1-Toyota 3/5

solid - i admit i didnt really take much notice.

11 Scott Speed STR-Cosworth 3.5/5

Held DC at bay and was racing pretty well. Pity bout his tongue, but don't mind a driver to have a bit of fire, and he was only swearing at DC.

12 Takuma Sato Super Aguri-Honda 3/5

was holding RB at bay and making him look pretty embarrassing. showed more maturity (hes shown he can be quick) than i've seen from him before.

13 Yuji Ide Super Aguri-Honda -5/5

terrible - but good value to poke fun at.

Ret Juan Pablo Montoya McLaren-Mercedes 2.5/5

essentially disappointing, made many mistakes all weekend for a top line driver.

Ret Tiago Monteiro MF1-Toyota 2.5/5

didnt notice

Ret Vitantonio Liuzzi STR-Cosworth 3/5

was punching above his weight all weekend. Pretty good performance.

Ret Michael Schumacher Ferrari 2.5/5

failed quali, looked like he was starting to make up for it in the race and redeem himself, before he made that blunder.

Ret Mark Webber Williams-Cosworth 4.5/5

was understated all weekend, but was obvious he qualified pretty heavily but his hot lap was meticulous. Drove clear of Ralf at the start, and looked on course for an impressive podium, but alas the disappointment.

Ret Christian Klien RBR-Ferrari 2.5/5

nothing much to report here.

Ret Jarno Trulli Toyota 1/5

i'll give him a point for reasonable quali, but that move on DC was amateur.... almost Ide like..

Ret Nico Rosberg Williams-Cosworth 2/5

didn't really know the track, and didn't get a chance to do much in the race.

Ret Felipe Massa Ferrari 1.5/5

disappointing. He says the race crash wasn't his fault but no sympathy due to the way he drove the rest of the weekend...
Old 3 Apr 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1569088)   #2
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is it with half-marks? Why not just give marks out of 10? Otherwise, I can't find anything to really argue with here.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1569158)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
-5 on Ide is exaggeration. True, he was more off than on in quali, but didn t crash it into a wall on Sunday.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1569172)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, I think 0.12 is a fairer reflection of his weekend.