Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 26 Sep 2000, 23:12 (Ref:39516)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mikey was announced as a third wheel at TKG for next year. I am not sure from the announcement I heard exactly how he will fit into the team, and I have not heard who is assigned to keep him and Our Paul from running over each other, into each other, and atop each other.

But then this seems to be a common problem at TKG and perhaps will give Dario a chance to sneak through and win a championship next year?

Anyway congrats to Moto Mikey and Go Team Green!
Old 27 Sep 2000, 01:46 (Ref:39535)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I have not heard who is assigned to keep him and Our Paul from running over each other, into each other, and atop each other.
Exactly...i can just see all 3 of them running into each other...I'd say someone stern like Mike Tyson would do the job

So does this leave the door open for Mr Herbert? How much money is he asking for? Also what happened to the TCGR announcement at the USGP??

Old 27 Sep 2000, 03:42 (Ref:39545)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Word is that Johnny has the TCGR seat that Bruno didn't get. Apparently Johnny comes with a nice big cheque from Ford.

The pic at Seventh Gear of Mikey in his new blue race suit makes him look fatter than Our Paul.
Old 27 Sep 2000, 13:14 (Ref:39620)   #4
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Have you seen the promo of Mikey's new commercial?
"Race me" He's gotta Stallone thing goin' there.
I'm not sure if it's a Motorola piece or not. Race me to the cellular??
Old 27 Sep 2000, 13:34 (Ref:39629)   #5
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be nice to see not two teammates running on each other but three, well but I think dario will be the luckiest guy if he can get some good runs next year.
Old 27 Sep 2000, 17:19 (Ref:39674)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so he's decided to move on. *shrugs shoulders* his loss.

may i suggest some reinforced suspension and tyre cutters for the tkg cars. anyone see that classic jim bamber cartoon a few years ago, with jacques and schuey eyeing each other up with tyres round each of their cars, a la moving tyre barrier?

maybe we should just give them big sticks and let them beat the living daylights out of each other. it would solve a lot of problems.

i hope johnny herbert doesn't get a drive in cart. it wouln't be fair. much as i like him, to just say, oh, i'll get a drive isn't very nice. he only got one cause ford have decided to spend their money on him and not r&d for the rest of this year, if you believe the rumours. do you reckon he'll be sent giftwrapped? i just think of the children. he'll either have to commute from monaco (or wherever they're at school), or move them to america. nice.
Old 27 Sep 2000, 22:32 (Ref:39738)   #7
Liz
Veteran

As for the kiddies, I think all kiddies should have the chance to live in countries other than the one in which they were born. It won't do them any harm.

I don't imagine Johnny will get more than one year, but it'll give him a chance to either step away gracefully or do a Mark Blundell.

Incidentally, do you think Mark Blundell will really get a testing job in F1? Who's looking for an ex CART pilot aged about 35 to test their cars?
Old 28 Sep 2000, 18:42 (Ref:39852)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

mark blundell's a local favourite here. to have him back, however, would make little impression. he won't race again, so if i were him, i'd sit back, and take a seat in sportscars. mind you, those young whippersnappers have got to those too.

it's all very well having kids see loads of countries, but please. i remember being forced to change school age 10 and it was no fun. and i didn't even move countries.

any mikey dislikers may take great glee in watching the cat.com quick vid thing of mikey's engine letting go. not only does it happen to someone most dislikable, it is also very spectacular.
Old 28 Sep 2000, 23:38 (Ref:39894)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Maybe Mario and Blundell and Johnny can run at Le Mans next year in a single car. It will only be about 2 hours off the pace, but I bet a lot of people would enjoy watching them.

Is PPI going to run next year? If so, where are they poaching their pilots from?