Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 3 Jun 2001, 15:41 (Ref:100571)   #1
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Need help with GP3? Ask here

I have been reading a few posts here and it seems a few a you are having some problems with GP3 editing etc. I have been editing the game since I bought it and will probably be able to answer any queries you may have. So post your questions here and I'll try to help.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 11:32 (Ref:101416)   #2
hypo
Racer

hypo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
damon,
I have downloaded ,from various web sites---unsafedisk, GP3edit and a track file(Adelaide).
My question is--How do I get it all to work?

I`ve tried everything but my stooopid brain can`t figure it all out, any help would be great.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 11:41 (Ref:101424)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ditto. But then again, my computer is just refusing to run the bloody thing full-stop now.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 15:49 (Ref:101481)   #4
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Hypo, to run GP3 Edit you you need to decrypt the GP3.exe file. To do this you first need to copy the file "dplayerx.dll" from your GP3 Cd and put it into the same directory as the .exe file. You can find it by using the find files/folders option in windows. Once you have done this just run the unsafedisk and you will have a decrypted GP3.exe which can be fully edited using GP3 Edit.

As for the tracks simply follow the instructions that come with it. It usually tells you to place the given "F1ctxx.dat" file in the circuits directory and place all "jam" files in a folder you will have to create yourself in the "jamsh" directory. Also make sure that you have downloaded a track that is compatible with the graphics you are using (Hardware or software), if you try to install the wrong one it will not work.

Hope this helps,

Damon
Old 7 Jun 2001, 08:51 (Ref:102141)   #5
hypo
Racer

hypo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for the quick reply damon,
i have done what you said, but once i hit the `decrypt game` button it says either ---please remove dplayerx.dll from unsafedisc`s directory and when i do move it from the directory and try to decrypt the game it comes up with ---cannot open dplayerx.dll

any clue`s ?
thanks
Old 7 Jun 2001, 10:05 (Ref:102151)   #6
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't have a clue either when it comes to unsafedisc. When I try to run it it says that it's "dodgy" and then it aborts. I guess all I can do is download it from soem other locations and hope I find one that isn't dodgy. Any other idea's?

Thanks for offering help, it's very much appreciated,

Marc
Old 7 Jun 2001, 10:53 (Ref:102170)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't run unsafedisk from your GP3 directory. Launch it from somewhere else and when it asks you for the .icd file, just go to browse and point it to your GP3 directory and your GP3.icd file. Then decrypt. After it finishes you'll have a new file in your GP3 directory called 'testme'. Remove your GP3.exe file to a safe place and rename 'testme' to GP3. Hope this helps. There should be a readme file with unsafedisk that explains this whole process a little clearer.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 7 Jun 2001, 10:59 (Ref:102173)   #8
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
What he said .
Go through that listed above and if that fails you could just download an already decrypted .exe file from any one of the many GP3 websites. Try www.grandprix3.com for starters.
Old 8 Jun 2001, 08:20 (Ref:102460)   #9
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I did it like that. I tried many things but it kept saying it was dodgy.

Anyways the problem is solved because I downloaded gp3-decryptor from somewhere. For some reason it couldn't find gp3.icd but it worked fine one I copied the .icd form the cd

So the program works and I can drive my orange arrows

unsafedisc error messages are quite funny btw, I got:

"5h45hthj3 thingy error"