Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 20 Aug 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1072684)   #1
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Thruxton Positions

This seems to be a current theme in here. Im hoping to visit Thruxton for the 1st time on the 30th.

Any hints and tips on where to get the best shots? Someone has said that its not worth it to get a paddock pass?

Also I note you cant get all away around the track? Interesting.

Thanks in advance

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 15:44 (Ref:1072871)   #2
Mark Barton
Rookie

Mark Barton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From a spectators point of view (i.e. the wrong side of the fence ) pickings are a little slim imho. I was there for the BSB last year, and got some shots at the chicane, and the fast sweeping right-hander after the start, but that was pretty much it, unless others out there know more than I do (a distinct possibility!).

If you've got press accreditation, of course you'll doubtless be better off. I seem to recall that there was some spectator viewing round the back of the circuit, but we didn't make it that far...

Last edited by Mark Barton; 20 Aug 2004 at 15:44.
Old 20 Aug 2004, 17:44 (Ref:1072983)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
By 'paddock pass' do you mean public access or media acceditation? Assuming you mean public access, a paddock pass is fine if you want pics of the paddock but not much good for track shots.

The small area in front of the airfield control tower at the exit of the chicane is pretty good but space is limited so if it's a big meeting you are going to get there very early. Even then you might find a media snapper or marshal suddenly standing right in your line of view.

You can walk outside to just past the Cobb/Campbell/Seagrave complex (or drive if it's a clubbie and they let you take a car onto the bank). There's a selection of angles from there although bigish lens is needed. One of my favourites is on the exit of Seagrave, just before the high fencing.

Allard is ok-ish but a bit un-inspiring, otherwise there's not much between the start line and the complex.