Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 15 Aug 2004, 22:50 (Ref:1067557)   #1
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great Anglesey Weekend

Just a quick one to thank everybody involved in organising this weekend at Anglesey (Great weather god in the sky included). It was a real pleasure to be there !. And those two little draw wins didn't go down badly either . Mind u i was wondering quite what had been going on when Jane picked out two for Blue Nose
Old 16 Aug 2004, 08:13 (Ref:1067839)   #2
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We often hear about graft and corruption at the highest levels of motorsport...this came to a head yesterday when Diz and cronies blatently 'bent' the 'draw' for the highly prized Tenge Tools voucher (to be redeemable early 2006)
I think an enquiry should be held and the issueing of these vouchers should be delayed until 2008 or when the situation is resolved to the satisfaction of all.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 09:32 (Ref:1067902)   #3
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure kartingdad can easily make it last until 2008
Anyway Jonesey, you don't need any more tools. You spend quite enough at Aldi on all those 'useful tools that you don't really need', but are cheap and just need buying.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 09:45 (Ref:1067915)   #4
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve you can have mine from last year if you can be bothered to chase it up!!!!
Old 16 Aug 2004, 10:03 (Ref:1067926)   #5
Redracer77
Veteran

I would also like to thank Diz, Tom, all the marshals and all the other drivers for making another great weekend on the welsh coast. Who would have believed 3 near perfect days (apart from the little blip that Mr Franklin had arranged for Sunday race day with him upstairs to allow him to pass Chris Chiznall for the win!!). North West FF1600 does have a great camaraderie with everyone helping out getting all the cars back on track. It was also great to see 33 FF1600 making the trip down.

Well done to Steve to be our very deserved Champion for 2004 and hopefully we will see yellow 56 out again next year with his brother or the soon to be Mrs Roberts in the seat???

Pikey was my driver of the weekend, although he didn't win either race I think he had the pace all weekend even with broken ribs. David Marshall also had a great weekend.

If anyone is staying over at Anglesey next year make sure you book into the Bistro Marshall which is situated in a big white tent at the top of the paddock. Andy was knocking out cracking food all weekend and you should book early to avoid disappointment!!!!

See you all at Oulton Park on the 18th September
Old 16 Aug 2004, 13:18 (Ref:1068128)   #6
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ray thank Jane for her slight of hand trick at the Moose centre.....The track was very slow all weekend for everyone I think, its a pity Steve was playing hard to catch again.

Anglesey is more of a holiday than a race weekend with great scencery and sunshine B.B.Qs plus loads of beer and great company.Next year the SOM boys should do a round here and to keep it fair for them no NW lads should do there race LOL.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 17:38 (Ref:1068381)   #7
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Just a quick note to say how good it was the eventually meet most of you guys, one of the main disadvantages (well, advantages in a couple of cases ) of being down South for half the year!
In addition to my thanks for the BBQ I've mentioned elsewhere, just a huge thanks to everyone for providing good racing, good quotes, and everything else - hopefully you'll find my first proper attempt at a report not that bad
Old 16 Aug 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1068396)   #8
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jane has confirmed her availability for any future official draws/ tombolas etc
Old 16 Aug 2004, 19:24 (Ref:1068479)   #9
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
Little off topic. But after the very illuminating points raised by the young TCar driver at the drivers meeting, in respect of blue flags, i think diz should clarify the situation taking into account all the relevent FIA regulations
Old 16 Aug 2004, 19:36 (Ref:1068496)   #10
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by foreversideways
Little off topic. But after the very illuminating points raised by the young TCar driver at the drivers meeting, in respect of blue flags, i think diz should clarify the situation taking into account all the relevent FIA regulations
Probably I should, but I won't.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1068555)   #11
aczak
Rookie

aczak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great weekend and thanks to all helped me with my car problems. But is there any point in printing a paddock layout in the finals as it is totally ignored and we have a free for all. This does not give a good impression to spectators as cars and teams are all over the place. Is this a problem that can be solved??
It does not help when each T car takes up three or four spaces.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 21:10 (Ref:1068619)   #12
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by aczak
But is there any point in printing a paddock layout in the finals as it is totally ignored and we have a free for all. This does not give a good impression to spectators as cars and teams are all over the place. Is this a problem that can be solved??
It does not help when each T car takes up three or four spaces.
The short answer is no.

As the 'boss man' on Friday, I got a lot of flak from various championship co-ordinators on this very subject.

It is a problem that goes back a long way in club racing.

The old, grassy paddocks were pegged out the day before with a number for each race car. Race day saw most of these pegs uprooted - and scattered - as No. 7 wanted to park next to his friend No. 22 and there was a 'free for all'. It was suggested that trailers were removed outside of the main paddock - not all complied. There weren't many trucks etc. then either.

Then more and more teams and transporters appeared - sometimes running cars in different races [e.g. last weekend, Graham Hathaway runs both Global Lights and T Cars and obviously parked in one place]

The main problem is the motor home, caravan, and a plethora of mechanics, sponsors, drivers and friends road cars. A one car entry can often have an artic and awning, motorhome and a few road cars - all in a space set aside for a 20 car grid. You end up being able to fit in about 7 of the 20 and the other 13 go elsewhere, usually into another class's area. They in turn park elsewhere and chaos rules.

There are also other problems. The "I know the paddock plan says we are supposed to be in area X, but we like to park in area Y when we come to this circuit" brigade. It is handy for the bogs / cafe / scrutineering bay / petrol, so we aren't moving.

There isn't usually a lot to be said in favour of TOCA, but 'parking where you are damned well told [and to the inch] is a rare plus.
Old 16 Aug 2004, 22:52 (Ref:1068702)   #13
blue nose
Veteran

Its first up best dressed.....
Old 17 Aug 2004, 05:47 (Ref:1068878)   #14
green boy
Rookie

green boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
felt sorry for redracer77 when he came to a standstill at hairpin but couldnt understand why steering wheel and helmet left car before driver also showed appreciation to marshals by ignoring them maybe him up there gave a helping hand
Old 17 Aug 2004, 07:58 (Ref:1068946)   #15
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
Green boy. Can you have another go at writing that.Perhaps throw in some punctuation and maybe even a proper sentence or two, so that those of us aged over 12 can understand!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 08:20 (Ref:1068972)   #16
Redracer77
Veteran

Green boy, not sure what your on about?

Yes steering wheel did leave car before me as I was a little angry in having a DNF but helmet stayed on for at least 5 mins after I got out of the car. I even watched a lap with it on.

As far as ignoring the marshals? I may not have heard them talking to me as I had ear plugs in with a helmet on and just completed 15 laps with a 1600 engine at 7000 rpm whirling in my ear for 90% of the lap.....

So I not sure where your coming from?
Old 17 Aug 2004, 08:30 (Ref:1068985)   #17
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve, mega chuckle at the way you phrased that one!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 08:33 (Ref:1068986)   #18
Redracer77
Veteran

Mike I hear we had the same problem in race 2? What are the chances of that happening??!!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 08:40 (Ref:1068989)   #19
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
Quote:
Originally posted by StephenRae
Green boy. Can you have another go at writing that.Perhaps throw in some punctuation and maybe even a proper sentence or two, so that those of us aged over 12 can understand!
Steve, Tell green boy yourself, next time you are on the podium with him.
Good win on Sunday Davey Boy.
Old 17 Aug 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1068997)   #20
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
Chris, the way the weekend went (on the track - the rest was great) not sure what you mean.

Saturday, clutch seals - no clutch, fun - not!
Sunday, gear linkage broke - stuck in third most of race, fun - not! (could be that I need to practice clutchless changes more??)

Which was your problem? Linkage?
Old 17 Aug 2004, 09:02 (Ref:1069016)   #21
Redracer77
Veteran

yes my gear linkage went as well but was stuck in 4th
Old 17 Aug 2004, 09:10 (Ref:1069023)   #22
blue nose
Veteran

Chris it was a shame about your linkage as you were doing so well was it only your second time there?

I wonderd what your problem was Mike I watched from the hairpin so it must have been hard to get around it in third.
Old 17 Aug 2004, 09:20 (Ref:1069035)   #23
Redracer77
Veteran

It was my second time in a Formula Ford but I did do a race in the Ginetta there back in 99. So I knew my way around.
Old 17 Aug 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1069042)   #24
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
Alan, at least it was better than being stuck in fourth! Definitely wide radius corners. I ended up with some points though.

Still, 5p bolt - 5 mins to fix. Not like this time last year!!
Old 17 Aug 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1069105)   #25
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
Quote:
Originally posted by diz
Steve, Tell green boy yourself, next time you are on the podium with him.
Good win on Sunday Davey Boy.
Diz...how come you know so much about who is who. Had I known blue boy was Franky, I wouldn't have been so critical...after all I have run an entire season on spares supplied by Dave Hart and co., tested at Oulton free, courtesy of Dave Franklin and generally used their facilities all year.
What I should have done is quietly PM my beginners guide to punctuation to Dave and said no more about it!