Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2889007)   #1
wkk
Rookie

Germany
Cologne
wkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwkk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club Arnage Guide 2011 ready for download!

Hi all,

a day earlier than announced - but I think no one will mind.

The Guide can be downloaded at http://www.clubarnage.com/caguide/

Have fun, enjoy the race and have a good time there

Werner
Editor Club Arnage
Old 31 May 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2889018)   #2
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thanks Werner, will have a good look at tomorrow, always a first class read
Old 31 May 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2889022)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been waiting for it - thanks Werner!

As a message to the Le Mans newbies this year - this is, essentially, your ultimate FAQ - literally all you need to know.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2889280)   #4
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks a lot Werner and Club Arnage.
I am printing it right now. The sixth in a row. The six ring binders get their own shelve now

Somehow, Le Mans build up wouldn't feel right without the CA Guide
Old 1 Jun 2011, 18:24 (Ref:2889527)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Had a good look today and this years is really good, however they are a little to complimentary about are campsite, i prefered the previous one it kept people away so that it remained the preserve of those that always camped there.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 18:43 (Ref:2889539)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Surely most of those who camp there stay there all year, only coming out of hibernation in a few days time.......
Old 1 Jun 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2889551)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
that does seem to make sense as when we arrive on wednesday there are most of the regulars all ready set up
Old 3 Jun 2011, 07:05 (Ref:2890360)   #8
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Compared to 20 years ago the sites are luxury, working hot showers and sit down bogs, what more could you ask for?

In a couple of years time there will be masseurs and a little mall of shops!
Old 3 Jun 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2890382)   #9
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Compared to 20 years ago the sites are luxury, working hot showers and sit down bogs, what more could you ask for?

In a couple of years time there will be masseurs and a little mall of shops!
Personally, I'd prefer masseuses
Old 4 Jun 2011, 13:05 (Ref:2891018)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Talking of guides, anyone read this year's Autosport Le Mans Leaflet.... sorry, Guide......?
Old 4 Jun 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2891106)   #11
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aysedasi. Looks like your favorite race is fast upon you. 24 Heures is my 2nd favorite racing venue of the year, only behind Indy500. If I still lived in Europe it probably would be first. I watch or listen to the complete 24 Hours and my official post for the race will be right here on 10-10ths and it's IRC. I know the excitement and wish I could be there with you all.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2891127)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, it's good to have you here mate (although you need to finish your competition entry properly..... )
Old 4 Jun 2011, 17:49 (Ref:2891143)   #13
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Talking of guides, anyone read this year's Autosport Le Mans Leaflet.... sorry, Guide......?
just got it nice article on the Mazda and some good features on the main cars, also a nice size to slip into pockets
Old 4 Jun 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2891146)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Thank you
Old 4 Jun 2011, 17:54 (Ref:2891147)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
just got it nice article on the Mazda and some good features on the main cars, also a nice size to slip into pockets

I'd still prefer it as it was produced in the 80s/90s
Old 5 Jun 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2891382)   #16
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 09:47 (Ref:2900073)   #17
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Although I loved the guide very much, for example it led me to the Saint Saturnin meeting which was very nice, I noticed a few mistakes in it.
In the entry overview there is stated that the Corvettes had a 7 litre engine, and the BMW is listed as having a 6 cylinder. The 'Vettes had their capacity cut to max. 5.5 litres and the Beemer had a V8. Otherwise an excellent piece of work, which I will happily download and put a donation down for next year, but these are avoidable mistakes.

Cheers,

Vincent
Old 16 Jun 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2900434)   #18
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Although I loved the guide very much, for example it led me to the Saint Saturnin meeting which was very nice, I noticed a few mistakes in it.
In the entry overview there is stated that the Corvettes had a 7 litre engine, and the BMW is listed as having a 6 cylinder. The 'Vettes had their capacity cut to max. 5.5 litres and the Beemer had a V8. Otherwise an excellent piece of work, which I will happily download and put a donation down for next year, but these are avoidable mistakes.

Cheers,

Vincent
I think you are nit-picking when the whole thing is done entirely voluntarily.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 18:53 (Ref:2900479)   #19
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Otherwise an excellent piece of work, which I will happily download and put a donation down for next year, but these are avoidable mistakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I think you are nit-picking when the whole thing is done entirely voluntarily.
Nit-picking? Maybe, but why not make a good piece of work even better?
Old 16 Jun 2011, 20:06 (Ref:2900521)   #20
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Why criticise a couple of tiny details in 154 pages of free and invaluable work that has taken hundreds of hours of voluntary work to produce - have some respect for those that have put the effort in.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2900531)   #21
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Cheers,

Vincent
Probably avoidable when you've got a team of researchers and proof readers. Probably less avoidable when it's a piece of work put together voluntarily by normal people with other real jobs and lives to live!

If you're good at the technical details then I imagine you'd be welcomed with opened arms by the editorial team who usually have to twist arms to get people to update sections of the guide.
Old 16 Jun 2011, 21:35 (Ref:2900579)   #22
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In terms of accuracy it certainly puts the Le Mans annuals to shame. But then again they aren't proof read.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 06:48 (Ref:2900736)   #23
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The guide is put together during spare time and is away's going to have a few niggles. This years guide was finished very late.

If you would like to get involved and help make it even better the guide is done via a wiki. The core material is there but any member of the Club Arnage forum can add details.
Old 17 Jun 2011, 07:56 (Ref:2900768)   #24
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So there you are vincegail, an opportunity for you!
Old 17 Jun 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2900790)   #25
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
If you would like to get involved and help make it even better the guide is done via a wiki. The core material is there but any member of the Club Arnage forum can add details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So there you are vincegail, an opportunity for you!
Interesting! Don't mind if I do next year.