Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Nov 2005, 07:54 (Ref:1457869)   #1
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
CAMS FF license

Does anyone know what is in the Fomula Ford CAMS license? What health checks do they do? As I need one for next year as I am going into FF next year, (once I recover from my foot operation)
Old 11 Nov 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1457948)   #2
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would assume it would be the same medical as for any other CAMS license, other than International I think.
The medical for a NP & NC license are the same.
What specifically do you want to know?
Old 11 Nov 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1457960)   #3
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
what do the docs do? Just a simple blood, urine and drugs tests? or more complicated?
Old 11 Nov 2005, 11:05 (Ref:1457976)   #4
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't held a Competition license for a while so you better look here http://www.cams.com.au/downloads/com...pRenewal-A.PDF
Old 11 Nov 2005, 11:14 (Ref:1457989)   #5
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They test for drugs, and if you have taken any in the past twelve months they won't give you a licence.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1458043)   #6
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the op ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton
Does anyone know what is in the Fomula Ford CAMS license? What health checks do they do? As I need one for next year as I am going into FF next year, (once I recover from my foot operation)
Had to ask .... the foot .... injured in mouth ?

No offence meant.

Old 12 Nov 2005, 01:37 (Ref:1458530)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigguy
They test for drugs, and if you have taken any in the past twelve months they won't give you a licence.
12 months, thats a bit harsh.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 03:01 (Ref:1458587)   #8
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Better than having your life taken away by drugs.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 05:57 (Ref:1458618)   #9
Razor
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
The drugs I might be tested postive for is some indgretinds in panadol and Keflex 500 antibotics
Old 12 Nov 2005, 06:10 (Ref:1458621)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigguy
How about phenylketonurics? Do you get in trouble for those too??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Nov 2005, 06:18 (Ref:1458624)   #11
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phenylketonuria is a metabolic disorder not a drug is it? I thought phenylketonurics was the term used for people with the disorder?
Old 12 Nov 2005, 06:32 (Ref:1458628)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatcha
Phenylketonuria is a metabolic disorder not a drug is it? I thought phenylketonurics was the term used for people with the disorder?
It is a warning on the side of soft drink cans.... with those products using a sugar substitute containing phenylalanine... in Diet Coke....

(Where is AP when we need him )
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Nov 2005, 06:47 (Ref:1458632)   #13
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
It is a warning on the side of soft drink cans.... with those products using a sugar substitute containing phenylalanine... in Diet Coke....

(Where is AP when we need him )
Google it, you might be suprised
Old 12 Nov 2005, 07:27 (Ref:1458638)   #14
miata
Rookie

miata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Barton

The medical exam is the same as that for a pilot.
Checks include: eyes - sight, colour blind & tunnel vision plus this book with horrid dots in it, lung capacity, urine - diabeties, blood sugar, etc; reflexes, pulse, blood pressure, mobility, weight & height - body mass index. If you "loose" a certain amount of points then they investigate further for cholesterol, etc and if you are too bad you will be sent for an "active" ECG.
You also have to list your history.
You are not tested for drugs at the medical but once you have a license you are bound by the same drug exemptions as all athletes and may be required to undergo random drug testing at events as may all crew and officials.

Last edited by miata; 12 Nov 2005 at 07:33. Reason: spelling
Old 12 Nov 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1458769)   #15
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by miata
Checks include: eyes - sight, colour blind & tunnel vision plus this book with horrid dots in it, lung capacity, urine - diabeties, blood sugar, etc; reflexes, pulse, blood pressure, mobility, weight & height - body mass index. If you "loose" a certain amount of points then they investigate further for cholesterol, etc and if you are too bad you will be sent for an "active" ECG.
You are not tested for drugs at the medical but once you have a license you are bound by the same drug exemptions as all athletes and may be required to undergo random drug testing at events as may all crew and officials.
Unless you go to my doctor. I walk in the door, read the eyechart, he takes blood pressure, asks how work is going(i am a signwriter), I say great, so no need for the colour blind test. Wee in the jar, check that. Asks how the car is going and says see you next year. 5 mins and i am gone.
I am not the only one who has such a thorough check either, and from different doctors.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 12 Nov 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1459158)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama
Unless you go to my doctor. I walk in the door, read the eyechart, he takes blood pressure, asks how work is going(i am a signwriter), I say great, so no need for the colour blind test. Wee in the jar, check that. Asks how the car is going and says see you next year. 5 mins and i am gone.
I am not the only one who has such a thorough check either, and from different doctors.
Anyone remember the Sylvania Waters show on the ABC back in the mid 90's? Mr Donaher Sr seemed proud of the fact that he shopped for a compliant doctor to get him thru his CAMS medical, even though there were some serious problems (cholesterol amongst others from memory...)
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Nov 2005, 03:58 (Ref:1459347)   #17
miata
Rookie

miata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Anyone remember the Sylvania Waters show on the ABC back in the mid 90's? Mr Donaher Sr seemed proud of the fact that he shopped for a compliant doctor to get him thru his CAMS medical, even though there were some serious problems (cholesterol amongst others from memory...)
It is since Sylvania Waters aired that CAM$, at least in Victoria, issues a list of accredited doctors that you have to go to. I think it is the list issued by the Aviation authority.
Old 13 Nov 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1459406)   #18
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by miata
Yep exactly what Miata said, just couldn't be bothered typing it out so just posted a link
Old 15 Nov 2005, 03:00 (Ref:1460966)   #19
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The is list is issued by CAMS and covers most states. In Vic I believe only those listed can sign the medical forms.
Old 16 Nov 2005, 02:25 (Ref:1461907)   #20
prn 31
Racer

prn 31 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recall that when I renewed my licence (after a years break) and noted as I always do that I am a mild asthamic who uses a ventolin inhaler, I required a letter from my doctor to confirm my ailment. I think ventolin has a cortisone element that would be detected in a drug test, hence this new requirement.

I also recall in a race meeting at Wakefield Park a few years ago, the winner was required to do a drug test, and the official "hung around" him until he did!