Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Aug 2005, 00:20 (Ref:1387900)   #1
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull at Istanbul

So they were really strong during the race. Why didnt the team put a bit less fuel in the cars?? If they coulda qualified about 5th/6th , and had the same amount of fuel onboard as the rest of the drivers around them, then surely they coulda finished a few places higher than they did? Was it something to do with being first out in quali?
Old 22 Aug 2005, 06:06 (Ref:1387994)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Absolutely, I'd say - they used the qualifying strategy to help them best with going out early.

It's always easy to say something different could have been done with the benefit of hindsight.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 06:18 (Ref:1387999)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
That track was getting faster and faster as quals progressed.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1388309)   #4
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The rule of setting the qualifying order really is unfair, and it probably cost RBR a couple of points this time, which is especially galling as it was through no fault of the team that they were the first 2 cars out in Hungary. The laps they put together in qualifying were superb considering the lack of fuel, probably the best Klien has ever done, and he richly deserved a point even if DC somewhat outfoxed him.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 12:55 (Ref:1388313)   #5
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
The rule of setting the qualifying order really is unfair, and it probably cost RBR a couple of points this time, which is especially galling as it was through no fault of the team that they were the first 2 cars out in Hungary. The laps they put together in qualifying were superb considering the lack of fuel, probably the best Klien has ever done, and he richly deserved a point even if DC somewhat outfoxed him.

Yeah, considering how much fuel they had on board, and that they were oiut first, i think its safe to say it was a mega performance from both Red Bull drivers.

They really have been the surprise package of the season.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1388476)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They seemed to be close to the pace of the Williams cars, but certainly clear of Sauber and Ferrari, also benefitting from BAR's qualifying problems and Ralf being caught up in the turn 1 incident. 3 points is a just reward for a solid and impressive display.