Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jul 2007, 14:28 (Ref:1953448)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Silverstone weather...

Well, its that time of year, for many of us, our home Grand Prix, though will it bring rain?

I live about 45 minutes from Silverstone, possibly people live closer, but for most of this month it has been raining on and off, so it could be quite interesting if this same weather pattern continues for the weekend.

If so, it would be the first wet British GP since 2002 when there was a great scrap between Montoya and the two Ferrari's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2838
Old 3 Jul 2007, 14:36 (Ref:1953452)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Rain might make for a good race, but I'm camping for the whole weekend, so I'm hoping for sunshine!
Old 3 Jul 2007, 15:38 (Ref:1953488)   #3
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Rain might make for a good race, but I'm camping for the whole weekend, so I'm hoping for sunshine!
Me too. I'd like it to be sunny all weekend as I don't wanna get soaked, but at least the race will be good if it does rain. Looks like it will.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 15:48 (Ref:1953495)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
Me too. I'd like it to be sunny all weekend as I don't wanna get soaked, but at least the race will be good if it does rain. Looks like it will.
Oh dear. I'm sure they'll be somewhere selling Lewis Hamilton Branded wellies.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 15:58 (Ref:1953505)   #5
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm marshalling at club for 3 days so am a bit worried about all that rain and then going back to the swam.................. I'm sorry I mean Campsite.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 16:00 (Ref:1953508)   #6
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good old British weather just like at Wimbledon

it's been a while since the last wet GP and those who saw last sundays champcar race know it can make a very good race indeed.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 16:56 (Ref:1953548)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
I'm marshalling at club for 3 days so am a bit worried about all that rain and then going back to the swam.................. I'm sorry I mean Campsite.
Track marshalling or crowd marshalling?
Old 3 Jul 2007, 17:05 (Ref:1953553)   #8
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Track of course! Should be good!
Old 3 Jul 2007, 17:12 (Ref:1953558)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
Track of course! Should be good!
Cool mate, i'll look out for you.

You will be the one wearing the orange and black jumpsuit am I right?
Old 3 Jul 2007, 17:15 (Ref:1953561)   #10
bickers
Rookie

United Kingdom
sheffield
bickers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
should be interesting if it does rain,i saw a clip of lewis racing in the wet during his karting days and it was bloody amazing to watch,whether he is as good in an f1 car is a different question though!
Old 3 Jul 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1953572)   #11
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no, its due to rain all week but good weather over the weekend (been following Wimbledon, and they haven't been wrong so far). Shame really, I was hoping the last month of rain would mean we might get a fabulous wet race. Instead the first few days of proper sunshine, and its on the weekend of the British GP.

Well, the sun does seem to shine out of Lewis' backside so... (couldn't resist...the temptation was just too much!! )
Old 3 Jul 2007, 18:39 (Ref:1953614)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I was going this year I'd be praying for a bit of rain!

Last year was absolutely unbearable heat. I got burnt on the Saturday and then had to sit out the Sunday, which was quite possibly the hottest June day of all time.

It was so bad that it managed to be hotter than 2005 race day, itself unbelievable in it's sheer heat.

Anyways, I hope it pours down on you all, because I'm jealous I won't be there this year.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 22:54 (Ref:1953791)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Here's the latest from the 'Beeb'. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2838&links

At the time of posting Saturday looks very bleak indeed,whereas Sunday looks fairly reasonable.But,as we know,it can all change.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 23:05 (Ref:1953801)   #14
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Well, they forecast sun for Saturday some 5 hours ago, so it seems like its changing all the time.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 11:20 (Ref:1954089)   #15
CDK 7
Racer

United Kingdom
kings lynn
CDK 7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Here's the latest from the 'Beeb'. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2838&links

At the time of posting Saturday looks very bleak indeed,whereas Sunday looks fairly reasonable.But,as we know,it can all change.
dont think we be that lucky with the sunshine
Old 4 Jul 2007, 11:29 (Ref:1954098)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Someone who should know pointed me at this website: http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...p?zipcode=Nn12

That's what it says for today, but just click on the days in the panel above for other days. At the moment, it's looking like Sunday could be fair, even quite warm for the race, which would suit me nicely! I like the way they give the forecast in 3 hour segments. Very precise. Let's see how accurate they are!
Old 4 Jul 2007, 12:43 (Ref:1954181)   #17
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to this lunchtime's BBC Look East news, the land owners around the circuit are not allowing any vehicles onto the campsites as they are waterlogged. They say you can drop your tent and belongings off, but not bring the vehicle in. They have yet to find somewhere for people to park their cars but are working on it! The police were interviewed and said any vehicles abandoned would be removed straight away and possibly destroyed, in the current high alert climate. Looks like 2000 all over again, or like Glastonbury, the campsites and car parks looked in a terrible state from the news.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 12:48 (Ref:1954188)   #18
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson
According to this lunchtime's BBC Look East news, the land owners around the circuit are not allowing any vehicles onto the campsites as they are waterlogged. They say you can drop your tent and belongings off, but not bring the vehicle in. They have yet to find somewhere for people to park their cars but are working on it! The police were interviewed and said any vehicles abandoned would be removed straight away and possibly destroyed, in the current high alert climate. Looks like 2000 all over again, or like Glastonbury, the campsites and car parks looked in a terrible state from the news.
Hmm...

Fills me with confidence!
Old 4 Jul 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1954193)   #19
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
By 'vehicles' they also said caravans. The report said the council are involved too in urgently finding parking space.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:09 (Ref:1954210)   #20
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
They might be able to fit a few caravans in parc fermé.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1954231)   #21
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The daft thing is that there is hard standing inside the circuit, but that's mostly been a no-go area for a number of years.

What was the year when the race was held in April and this happened?
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:26 (Ref:1954233)   #22
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:30 (Ref:1954236)   #23
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well thats bloody fantastic. I really hope they find parking spaces somewhere. I'm not coming all the way from Aberdeen and be told to turn around again.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:33 (Ref:1954239)   #24
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Found this, hope it helps:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/northamptonshir..._feature.shtml
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:37 (Ref:1954245)   #25
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Oh dear. And thats the farm we booked our camp site too. We can still pitch our tents there so at least we have somewhere to sleep, but it looks like we're gonna have to find another space for the car. Looks like this'll be a disaster.