Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2009, 12:05 (Ref:2418199)   #1
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Todt

Todt is leaving Ferrari...

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9028.html

joining who? Brawn....one can hope
Old 18 Mar 2009, 12:18 (Ref:2418206)   #2
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elspethhardie View Post
Todt is leaving Ferrari...

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9028.html

joining who? Brawn....one can hope
Please God no.

There's a lot of good feeling towards Brawn GP and I wouldn't want that to change.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 12:18 (Ref:2418207)   #3
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon the FIA (or at least attempting to) is more likely...
Old 18 Mar 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2418218)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard View Post
I reckon the FIA (or at least attempting to) is more likely...
Please God no.

There's a lot of good feeling towards the FIA and I... err, hang on.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2418258)   #5
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sweeny Todt

If I'm honest, it would be nice to see him away from the sport. He didn't really add that much to the sport personality wise. Just a fatter, quieter version of Bernie the poison dwarf.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 15:47 (Ref:2418354)   #6
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read somewhere he was possibly being put up as a possible candidate for Mad Max's position at the FIA.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2418369)   #7
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Mad Max to Terrible Todt? Frying pans and fire spring to mind
Old 18 Mar 2009, 16:02 (Ref:2418370)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotusonpole View Post
I read somewhere he was possibly being put up as a possible candidate for Mad Max's position at the FIA.
I'd never watch a Grand Prix or any other FIA event whilst Todt was at the helm.

Well, I would really, but y'know.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 16:46 (Ref:2418414)   #9
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I'd never watch a Grand Prix or any other FIA event whilst Todt was at the helm.

Well, I would really, but y'know.
While he certainly would not be my choice I fail to see how he could fail to be an improvement over Mad Max! I would welcome anything that replaced him right now.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2418428)   #10
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What's wrong with JT? He's been massively successful at doing his job.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 17:58 (Ref:2418460)   #11
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
My first thought on hearing the news was that he is lining himself up for a punt at the FIA Presidency. His ego certainly qualifies him.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 18:26 (Ref:2418488)   #12
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Indeed he has.

I just think he so intrinsically linked to Ferrari that it would be almost impossible for him to make decisions involving them. I'd feel exactly the same about Ron Dennis taking the role, with him being McLaren through and through.

Plus, I've never really cared for Todt's charmless demeanour.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2418511)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought he has said that he doesn't want to run for the FIA presidency. I guess it is nailed on that he will.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2418538)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Doesn't the FIA already have enough Ferrari simpathisers on its books?

Old 18 Mar 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2418661)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Very successful. Look what he acheived with Ferrari. Expensive also rans to consistent winners, which continues after he left. Very impressive.

I'm no fan of his, although recognise his acheivements. And I don't want him running the FIA. Overall I won't miss him, like I do TGF. But remember the dragging of Ferrari to the front, along with winning Le Mans with Peugeot too. And the rallying... Numpty he aint.

Still he is famous so we can call him names.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 08:20 (Ref:2420008)   #16
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard he's going to be the cheese in the forthcoming cheese rolling competition in Gloucestershire this May. Ross Brawn has just set up a new team, Button will be going down the hill. Or is it Barrichello?

Anything but the FIA...
Old 20 Mar 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2420021)   #17
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidStHubbins View Post
I heard he's going to be the cheese in the forthcoming cheese rolling competition in Gloucestershire this May. Ross Brawn has just set up a new team, Button will be going down the hill. Or is it Barrichello?

Anything but the FIA...
Ah...that Todt extra mature.
Pass the Jacobs.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 09:22 (Ref:2420052)   #18
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you all judge him on the "Rubens, please let Michael for the championship" bit
He did a great job at Ferrari, he changed the whole culture of laziness and made it the team we see today. Of course with a lot of help, but he was the guy who assembled the team!
Old 20 Mar 2009, 10:13 (Ref:2420084)   #19
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanalesi View Post
Of course with a lot of help, but he was the guy who assembled the team!
Yes,and those 'Flat Pack' things can take some sorting out!

I think that Todt should now retire completely and maybe just put in the odd appearance at Ferrari club meetings etc.

What the FIA needs is a president who doesn't need to feel that he has to favour one team more than another.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 10:17 (Ref:2420085)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems we are all of the opinion that the FIA favour Ferrari, so exactly what teh FIA dont need is one of their own working for them in a very senior position!

Can't really see this being a good idea when you read comments from team owners and managers that Todt would purposely disagree with anything Concorde wise if it didnt favour his team and then come up with insane proposals that did favour his team

He was the same at Peugeot (with some respect actuaklly as the FIA were awful back then)
Old 20 Mar 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2420427)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Goodbye to one of the greatest of all times. Our little Napoleon! Un vero grande!

Come on Jean, its time you took over from Max!
Old 20 Mar 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2420446)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya View Post

Come on Jean, its time you took over from Max!
First rule change would be:

1.1.a
Only cars that are built in Italy and are called 'Ferrari' will be able to score points of any kind in the 'Ferrari Formula One World Championship'.

Old 20 Mar 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2420523)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He was good Inigo, of that there is no doubt, but taking over the FIA presidency would be pushing it way too far for the sports credibility.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2420613)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Nullus est liber tam malus ut non aliqua parte prosi
Old 21 Mar 2009, 08:43 (Ref:2420761)   #25
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You guys amaze me. When he was working for Ferrari he did what he was supposed to do - work for Ferrari. Whatever he does next I'm certain he'll bring the same professionalism to that role.

Do you think Ross Brawn is still favouring Ferrari for example?