Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 2 Jun 2002, 19:18 (Ref:302914)   #1
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Taylor Wins at Silverstone

Mark Taylor inherited the win in the first of the Silverstone F3 races after 'winner' Robbie Kerr was excluded for a clash with James Courtney, which put the latter out.

Race One Result:

1 Mark Taylor
2 Fabio Carbone
3 Matt Gilmore
4 Bruce Jouanny
5 Michael Keohane
6 Ronnie Bremer
7 Alan van der
8 Clivio Piccione
9 Rob Austin
10 Stephen Colbert

Race two tomorrow.
Old 2 Jun 2002, 19:36 (Ref:302919)   #2
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oooh controversial stuff!
Old 2 Jun 2002, 20:46 (Ref:302966)   #3
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suppose thats one way to stop James from dominating the series - and it cost him 15,000 pounds too - Well done Robbie Kerr - a gentleman racer to the end - NOT!
Old 2 Jun 2002, 20:58 (Ref:302970)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great result for Mark though!!

And for Fabio in second, i'm getting more impressed with him as the season goes on.

Anyone got a points table to hand?
Old 2 Jun 2002, 21:59 (Ref:303017)   #5
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is what I make the points table:

Courtney 135
Jouanny 94
Keohane 94
Jerr 84
Taylor 74
Kovalainen 55
Austin 51
Carbone 39
Antinucci 34
Bremer 32
van der Merwe 31
Judice 31
Gilmore 17
Hosokawa 13
Dahlgren 13
Sisley 12
Mayall 4
Fabi 3
Brusatin 3
Graves 0
Thompson 0
Old 2 Jun 2002, 23:23 (Ref:303045)   #6
Clerk
Rookie

Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't all jump on the same band wagon ---
from what i saw robbie actually was taking the racing line
and it was courtney who didnt yeild from a compromising
position -- he had a choice where as robbie had allready commited -- courtney drove into the rear wheel of robbie
and was lifted in the air - when he crashed back down his front wing hit robbies side pod causing damage to his radiator -- ADR have appealed the dicision and the race and points have not been confirmed as yet - even if the web sites and yourselves have allready judged
Old 2 Jun 2002, 23:29 (Ref:303049)   #7
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If that was the case then Robbie should keep his win, but since I havent seen it I can't really judge.
Old 2 Jun 2002, 23:31 (Ref:303050)   #8
Clerk
Rookie

Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my point exactly
Old 3 Jun 2002, 09:18 (Ref:303244)   #9
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Poor Robbie - 2 weekends of no points then this!
Old 3 Jun 2002, 17:20 (Ref:303618)   #10
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
British F3, Silverstone race two
Pos Driver
1 James Courtney Carlin Dallara-Mugen
2 Fabio Carbone Fortec Dallara-Renault
3 Mark Taylor Manor Dallara-Mugen
4 Richard Antinucci Manor Dallara-Mugen
5 Bruce Jouanny Promatecme Dallara-Mugen
6 Robbie Kerr Alan Docking Racing Dallara-Mugen
7 Michael Keohane Carlin Dallara-Mugen
8 Heikki Kovalainen Fortec Dallara-Renault
9 Matt Gilmore Promatecme Dallara-Mugen
10 Rob Austin Menu Dallara-Opel

Scholarship Class
1 Adam Carroll Sweeney Dallara-Mugen
2 Rob Dahlgren Sweeney Dallara-Mugen
3 Justin Sherwood Performance Dallara-Opel

How I make the points table:

Courtney 156
Jouanny 102
Keohane 98
Kerr 90
Taylor 86
Kovalainen 58
Carbone 54
Austin 52
Antinucci 44
Bremer 32
van der Merwe 31
Judice 31
Gilmore 19
Hosokawa 13
Dahlgren 13
Sisley 12
Mayall 4
Fabi 3
Brusatin 3
Graves 0
Thompson 0
Old 3 Jun 2002, 19:59 (Ref:303736)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
(points should be deducted for a lousy race. the second one was the most boring race ever..)
Old 3 Jun 2002, 20:04 (Ref:303749)   #12
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
How about deducting Courtney 170 points?
Old 3 Jun 2002, 20:07 (Ref:303761)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that's not fair, it's not his fault he's leading and no-one's challenging him...
Old 3 Jun 2002, 20:28 (Ref:303799)   #14
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Its fair enough, F3 is boring with Courtney in it.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 20:37 (Ref:303807)   #15
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wel I was stood down at Abbey for yesterdays race and I have to say it was rather harsh on Robbie to be thrown out.

It was shaping up to be a cracking race long battle between him and Courtney as they were both so evenly matched. Courtney tried to go round Kerr into Abbey forcing Robbie to go much later on the breaks. This affected Robbies exit speed and Courtney briefly got alongside him as they went down towards Bridge. Kerr seemed to have more straightline power though and was beginning to outdrag Courtney and also began to slowly edge over on Courtney, it wasn't a sudden movement he was just slowly edging over trying to force Courtney to lift off and drift in behind but for some reason Courtney didn't hitting Kerrs back right wheel flipping up in the air before coming down on Kerrs sidepod breaking his front wing.

Now yes Kerr shouldn't have been trying to edge Courtney off but it was no sudden movement, Courtney must have known what he was doing and should have just lifted off. I mean the move was never going to work anyway because Kerr would have had the inside line for both Priory and Brooklands and with his straightline speed Courtney would have never outdraged him through Bridge. Didn't Schumacher do exactly the same but perhaps even worse on Montoya in Brazil this year though and go unpunished? Hope ADR win appeal just to tighten championship up.

Was stood in the paddock afterwards watching the events unfold. Have to say it was very interesting seeing first Courtney go to race control then Kerr and watching them both come back. Then the TV interviews going on and then the result finally being decided.

Todays race was a bore though (wasn't most of the racing today?first time Ive ever said that). The only man that could have matched Courtney for pace was Kerr and he made poor start and then couldn't fight his way past Jouanny and even if he had Courtney was long gone on a demonstration run. Was surprised Taylor wasn't going quicker though after taking pole.

Anyway role on Castle Combe and hopefully a couple of Courtney non finishes (without the appeals) just to tighten the championship up!
Old 3 Jun 2002, 20:49 (Ref:303817)   #16
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Jouanny is that far behind, anything can happen.
Old 3 Jun 2002, 21:03 (Ref:303831)   #17
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
This forum is laughable.....some of you Brits just cant stand to see a class driver at work - give James a break - he is the most exciting F1 prospect since Button and you guys are putting him down......and I thought us Aussies were tough critics!
Old 3 Jun 2002, 22:45 (Ref:303888)   #18
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Please, Aussie, don't take what Hakkiman says as an indicator of what "we Brits" are thinking.

I'd hate it if I thought that was happening.

Go Courtney.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 01:37 (Ref:303993)   #19
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by hakkiman
Its fair enough, F3 is boring with Courtney in it.
And F1 is boring with Schumacher.
Motogp is boring with Rossi.
Superbikes are boring with Bayliss.
Rallying is boring with Peugeot.
V8s are boring with Skaife.

Geez, what a boring year we're having hakk!

PS. Only boring people get bored.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 01:39 (Ref:303994)   #20
flange-tastic
Rookie

flange-tastic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i havnt seen what happened between kerr and james but i will say that because the shunt happened at bridge then it has to be kerrs fault!!!! it's a corner that is easy flat and it's not hard to give some one room there and not lose the place! silverstone international is all so not a hard place to defend around so i think kerr should have given him room (cuz he wouldnt have lost the place there and then) and just did his best for the rest of the race!
BUT NO!!!!!!! kerr has to get his petty revenge!!! Kerr will not win this championship because he has ****ed to many people off! and he wants revenge, but you cant be a hard man in f3 because every one is a hard man!!! from pole to 15th!!! and no one will give way!!!!!!!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 07:26 (Ref:304086)   #21
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Sorry for tarring all Brits with the same brush...I didnt mean it that way....It just gets up my nose to read the disrespect James cops - he is a good driver, maybe even great, lets give the guy a break and the applause he deserves.....

btw Mac.....love it!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 11:00 (Ref:304284)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
james is a very good driver. like i say, it's not his fault the rest of the field are incompetant...
Old 4 Jun 2002, 11:50 (Ref:304331)   #23
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
May the best man win!
Old 4 Jun 2002, 12:02 (Ref:304344)   #24
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very sweeping statement Bella, just interested what brings you to that conclusion, which is vastly differeent to the majority of the F3 community and many F1 team owners who closely follow the series.
Old 4 Jun 2002, 13:19 (Ref:304416)   #25
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right then, let me know begin......
The incident happened not at bridge, but at the point where the GP loop joins back with international .As you will see on tv, the cones fly..
I was at post 18, Reports from Abbey mention they were banging wheels under breaking, but thats not confirmed,on the previous lap you will see what can only be described as true class, going into bridge, both drivers flat, and Courtney diving down the inside, the move didn`t stick, as i presume Kerr had the inside line to Priory. That aside,
What i saw, and not what i think regarding this incident.
Both exiting Abbey, Kerr infront, accelerating around the left hander from Abbey, both cars on the straight, drifting out to the right of the track as they all do, but not right over as you will see on tv,Courtney goes to the right of Kerr looking to pass and hold the inside line for Bridge as he had done so the previous lap,Kerr then moves over to the right also, as all drivers do, to cover their line.
Courtney then touches Kerr`s rear right with his front left, becomes airborn, at that point i thought he was going to hit the armco, he then landed across the entry track for service cars, pointing in the direction of Bridge, and about ten feet from the armco, thankfully...then continued around to the pits...
Now with regards to comments made by Aussie F3, and Bella, if you didn`t see the incident, how can you comment on it ?
Flange Tastic, as i have mentioned, it didn`t happen at Bridge, so your comments regarding the incident have no relevence, yes there is history between these two, but there is no intent to injure each other .
And Gaz, i agree with you , Courney only had to lift off
I think it was just a shame this happened, because it was looking like being a hell of a race...