Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 4 Jul 2003, 08:46 (Ref:651776)   #1
woody148uk
Rookie

woody148uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
f3/gt oulton park 12/13 july

JUST HAD THE TIME TABLE FOR NEXT WEEKEND VERY GOOD GRIDS BUT LOOKS LIKE A WORKING LUNCH BREAK ON SATURDAY
LAST PRACTICE STARTS 12.30... 12.50 MINI SE7ENS
LUNCH BREAK (COFFEE BREAK}
2ND QUALIFYING F3 STARTS 13.20
SO JUST LETS HOPE NO DELAYS
Old 4 Jul 2003, 19:26 (Ref:652658)   #2
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any one going there with camera?
Old 4 Jul 2003, 20:27 (Ref:652742)   #3
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Les, I'll be there for the Friday Testing, usual arrangement??
Old 11 Jul 2003, 16:33 (Ref:658959)   #4
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Depending on extent of hangover/memory loss after someone's stag do tomorrow, I may make it to Oulton on Sunday afternoon...

Anyone else going to be there?

SolemHill's 11 year old daughter Siobhan will be marshalling (assembly) - look out for the short one with an attitude!!
Old 11 Jul 2003, 18:27 (Ref:659047)   #5
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on Sunday.

anyone got the race schedule ?
Old 11 Jul 2003, 18:33 (Ref:659052)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be there too, garcon, would be nice to put a name to a face...!! I'll likely be wearing a 10 Tenths T-shirt so come say hello if you see me. Or should we arrange something definate? Will be there supporting the Peter Cate/Vincenzo Sospiri car so will be around the garage reasonably regularly I suspect.
Old 11 Jul 2003, 19:31 (Ref:659099)   #7
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
4 races on Saturday afternoon from 16:00 (BRDC Historic Sportscars, TVR spirnt, Mini Liglia and BRDS Single Seaters); then on Sunday the pit walkabout is at 11:!5, GT warmup 12:15 for 10 minutes, then the races start at 12:40:
SEATS (11 laps)
F3 (14)
TVR - Feature (10)
Mini Se7en (10)
GT (75mins)
F3 (14)
SEAT (11)
BRDC Single Seaters (10) - which is due to start at 17:40
I shall try and seek you out on Sunday morning Craig - no chance on Saturday (see the other woody's comments!)
Old 11 Jul 2003, 19:33 (Ref:659105)   #8
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by woodyracing
I'll be there on Sunday.

anyone got the race schedule ?

12:40 SEAT Cupra
13:20 F3
13:55 Tuscans
14:25 Mini Se7en
15:00 GTs
16:30 F3
17:10 SEAT Cupra
17:40 BARC single-seaters.

Four races will be run on Saturday:

16:00 Historic Sports Cars
16:30 Tuscans
17:00 Mini Miglia
17:30 BRDC single-seaters
Old 11 Jul 2003, 19:49 (Ref:659121)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like a promising days racing - looking forward to it!
Old 11 Jul 2003, 20:11 (Ref:659140)   #10
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Beat you by 2 minutes Dave
Old 12 Jul 2003, 09:42 (Ref:659446)   #11
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If I get there, we'll probably be watching from Cascades, but we'll also be calling by the paddock I expect - just to make sure Siobhan's not causing chaos...

I'll look out for the 10tenths t-shirt(s)!

Anyone out near Cascades, we'll probably be at least 3 blokes and either one or two young ladies (SolemHill's daughters before you ask!). I'll be the, erm, not so slim one wearing/carrying a dark green Bentley fleece top...

And if parking's been kind to us, we won't be too distant from a black Impreza 5dr and a maroon Merc E-class.

Hope to see you there!
Old 12 Jul 2003, 17:45 (Ref:659635)   #12
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fingers crossed we are going tomorrow - lets hope the sun keeps shining
Old 12 Jul 2003, 19:52 (Ref:659690)   #13
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
And if parking's been kind to us, we won't be too distant from a black Impreza 5dr and a maroon Merc E-class.
If that's not showing off...

I shall be wandering paddock in the morning: a small orange person (the overalls are new and clean, so that limits most people); McLaren hat (that was free). That's probably distinctive enough
Old 12 Jul 2003, 20:14 (Ref:659698)   #14
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
Beat you by 2 minutes Dave
But I gave the times for every race!
Old 12 Jul 2003, 20:17 (Ref:659700)   #15
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
I shall be wandering paddock in the morning: a small orange person (the overalls are new and clean, so that limits most people); McLaren hat (that was free). That's probably distinctive enough
So will I - a smaller, faded orange person with a ten-tenths patch on one of my sleeves & an MGCC hat (probably);acompanied (unless I can get away from her!) by a fat flaggie......

....the BMMC badge withmy name on it is another clue!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 12 Jul 2003 at 20:19.
Old 12 Jul 2003, 20:29 (Ref:659707)   #16
joey1
Racer

joey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yup, i'll be there tomorrow.
full track, including shell oils.
looks like a cracking days racing in store.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 15:49 (Ref:660887)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Just got back from Oulton - by way of a top night in Cheltenham (!) Spent the day with Simon, Kimi and Andy and, although I was sorry to miss any new faces, I have to say I enjoyed my weekend! Some good racing, top weather and nice to be away from the politics of the BTCC paddock.

Unfortunately Cato was taken off by an errant VW Golf after something like 3 laps but hopefully Spa will be different...
Old 14 Jul 2003, 18:10 (Ref:661010)   #18
joey1
Racer

joey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
aye top day. good racing, and good weather.
shame about the kerfue but still a good days racing.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 18:23 (Ref:661023)   #19
Kid Prozac
Racer

Kid Prozac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we 'popped in' on the way back from goodwood, and caught the tuscans, 7s and gts. was my first visit to oulton and was very very impressed with it, lovely lovely venue and a really good layout, we were at cascades for the duration and was amazed how much you could see, will definately have to vist more when i get the time to do so.

the racing too was excellent, 7s were cahotic as ever, are they all mad?!?! lucky to see most of the action as it happened right in front of us.

big well doen for eclipse, great to see another tvr win, but would have liked to have seen what they could have done had shane lynch not been stuck behind the ultima for so long.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 18:44 (Ref:661046)   #20
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Unfortunately Cato was taken off by an errant VW Golf after something like 3 laps but hopefully Spa will be different...
now how was that told to me - Cato went for a Golf sandwich with a Lotus and lost?

Some spectators said the Golf was on 2 wheels - would love to see picture of that
Old 14 Jul 2003, 18:59 (Ref:661066)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
According to the driver of said VW he accidently made contact with the #49 Lotus after receiving a tap from another Lotus... (www.drivers-excuses.com)

I was down at the hairpin though and didn't see it myself.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 19:00 (Ref:661067)   #22
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
I was down at the hairpin though and didn't see it myself.
I thought you were going to Oulton?
Old 14 Jul 2003, 19:04 (Ref:661070)   #23
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Erm, I was at Oulton...?!
Old 14 Jul 2003, 19:35 (Ref:661095)   #24
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Erm, I was at Oulton...?!
The 'down at the hairpin' confused me....the only bend at Oulton which is referred to as a hairpin is Shell, & that's more 'up' than 'down'!
Old 18 Jul 2003, 20:02 (Ref:665224)   #25
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by Les
now how was that told to me - Cato went for a Golf sandwich with a Lotus and lost?
Race report on http://www.petercate.com/page85.html now if you're interested