Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jul 2004, 08:07 (Ref:1026428)   #1
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larry appeals - it's Richo race win..

On ten news tonight.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 5 Jul 2004, 08:11 (Ref:1026434)   #2
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he is appealing the fact that SBR are appealing?

he would be better served finding the speed to beat Marcos on the track
Old 5 Jul 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1026443)   #3
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I caught of the story Larry wants Richo to get round points and the trophy.

SBR have admitted guilt so it's a fair call.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 5 Jul 2004, 09:25 (Ref:1026461)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not till the appeal avenue is exhausted it isnt... results remain prelminary till the appeal is heard....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Jul 2004, 12:28 (Ref:1026644)   #5
Natpro
Rookie

Natpro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one feel for Marcos as he is not the one who works on the car he is the one who drives the wheels off it. But if the team has made a mistake or they have been caught out then surely the win must go to Steven Richards. His team did not make a mistake and he also drove the wheels off it. Rules are rules so I think Larry has every right to ask the question WHY.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1026739)   #6
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Thats such a surprise ... Litigious Larry going all para-legal about a race result.

SBR should take aleaf out of Larry's book and threaten to cave in the sky - then they'll be listened to.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 13:50 (Ref:1026742)   #7
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by deeks6
Thats such a surprise ... Litigious Larry going all para-legal about a race result...when you can't beat them, sue them. When you get caught cheating, sue them.

SBR should take aleaf out of Larry's book and threaten to cave in the sky - then they'll be listened to.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1027251)   #8
Trevor P
Racer

Trevor P should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I posted this on the Ambrose thread yesterday afternoon.

SBR win their appeal, then PWR and CPR appeals the appeal, and win. Then Ford Australia appeals the appeal appeal, and wins. and then Holden Motorsport appeals, and wins.

On ya Larry!

Last edited by Trevor P; 5 Jul 2004 at 20:45.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 21:10 (Ref:1027315)   #9
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a hard one, but it is a team sport.

Last edited by Evomike; 5 Jul 2004 at 21:12.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 22:00 (Ref:1027404)   #10
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the thing is, there was no percieved advantage, so therefore he didnt win the race because of the infringement. so why should he be stripped of the win?
Old 5 Jul 2004, 22:16 (Ref:1027425)   #11
Trevor P
Racer

No, it's not a team sport. It's a corporate business. Ask Larry. I wish he would take his lawyers and go off to race in the US somewhere where all lawyers belong.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 22:24 (Ref:1027437)   #12
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
larry actually has lawyers?
Old 5 Jul 2004, 22:26 (Ref:1027439)   #13
tiko
Racer

tiko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha aj_308 larry probably doesnt have lawyers
Old 5 Jul 2004, 22:29 (Ref:1027444)   #14
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larry = ******
Old 5 Jul 2004, 22:50 (Ref:1027460)   #15
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by retro
From what I caught of the story Larry wants Richo to get round points and the trophy.

SBR have admitted guilt so it's a fair call.
Which part of "unintentional" and "no advantage" did'nt you understand?

But, then again, how else would Richards ever win a race? He's tried bashing people off the track, he's had his teammate do it too...

...and he STILL can't do it.

PWR fined a "massive" $1,000 for the same unintentional offence, Matthew White given a reprimand, Marcos Ambrose docked 192 points and all chance of the title he earns on the track - V8 SuperHoldens strike again.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 22:55 (Ref:1027464)   #16
tiko
Racer

deeks6 I dont think you get this idea of a book of rules governing the v8supercars. The rules are in place to stop things lie kthsi occuring, when people are caught breaking these rules they are dealt with, it doesnt mater one iota if it was UNINTENTIONAL and if there was NO ADVANTAGE, the rules were broke - GET OVER IT.

The probably with all v8supercar fans is that your all one eyed. FORD fans believe the governing body is against and does everything out of their way to help Holdens, but HOLDEN fans think the exact opposite and that there is bias towards Ford.

If there was no advantage why was the wire there i nthe first place? Get over it, learn the facts and rules and cop it on the chin or else your weak as ****.

deeks6 lets change the scenario, Brighty wins in queensland by 5 seconds to Ambrose, Ingall, Richards & Bowe. After post race scrutineering the #50 PWR car is found to have an extra wire out of the control ECU, which is a breach of the rules and PWR are given a fine and Brighty stripped of his points. Now do you think Ross and Jimmy Stone would appeal the stewards findings? Becasue if the 1st place car cheated then their two drivers should have finished 1st and 2nd?

Get the facts straight, forget about which make and driver you are passionate about and just think about the rules and the consequences if the rules are broken or not.

Last edited by tiko; 5 Jul 2004 at 23:03.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 23:01 (Ref:1027465)   #17
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
i think tiko, that the point is that the penalty is not the same when the rules are broken, if brighty did the same thing, and didn't get the same penalty..
Old 5 Jul 2004, 23:07 (Ref:1027470)   #18
tiko
Racer

Yeah ok but obviously the stewards have drawn a line here and handed down what is deemed to be an appropriate penalty.

If traction control was deemed legal in F1 because it was too hard to police i'm tipping our gverning bodies couldnt control it here with probably half the resources as F1.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 23:12 (Ref:1027475)   #19
deeks6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by tiko
deeks6 I dont think you get this idea of a book of rules governing the v8supercars. The rules are in place to stop things lie kthsi occuring, when people are caught breaking these rules they are dealt with, it doesnt mater one iota if it was UNINTENTIONAL and if there was NO ADVANTAGE, the rules were broke - GET OVER IT.

The probably with all v8supercar fans is that your all one eyed. FORD fans believe the governing body is against and does everything out of their way to help Holdens, but HOLDEN fans think the exact opposite and that there is bias towards Ford.

If there was no advantage why was the wire there i nthe first place? Get over it, learn the facts and rules and cop it on the chin or else your weak as ****.
Which part of "PWR fined $1000" and "Matthew White given reprimand" for "exactly the same offence" did'nt you understand?

Excuse me for suggesting that the ruling body of Australian Motor Sport apply penalties consistently...they must have recruited their officials from the AFL tribunal.

- This, in a season where a fool from CPR's own team puts people's lives at risk and gets away with it.
- This, from the people who penalised innocent Murphy at Winton but not Richards, Bright and Tander for much more blatant punts.
- This, from the people who can't (in this age of technology) even keep up with who is leading a race.
- This, from the people who stated in their own press release (which you must have missed) that it was unintentional and gained no advantage.
- This, from the people who take 15 minutes to decide whether to pull Skaife in for his door flapping a few inches whilst Bargwanna is allowed to run around with NO door at Darwin.
- This, from the people who call BJR in for flapping bodywork AFTER it has fallen off.

When these fools get their own facts and the rules right, THEN I will get over it.

As for other bias - AU vs. VX - I rest my case.

If this nonsense stands, then you Holden fans can keep your series all to yourself.

Last edited by deeks6; 5 Jul 2004 at 23:17.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 23:23 (Ref:1027480)   #20
Trevor P
Racer

Hey guys, go back to other thread. Ths one is about Larry and his merry band of legal advisors who follow him around from circuit to circuit (or his merry band of elves who whisper into his ear every night "Appeal. Appeal!").

Last edited by Trevor P; 5 Jul 2004 at 23:24.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 23:44 (Ref:1027485)   #21
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cost cutting and legal arguement go hand in hand

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 6 Jul 2004, 05:00 (Ref:1027610)   #22
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the Daily Telegraph today (sorry, i cant find the link on their website) they have some quotes from Larry Perkins talking about the Ambrose incident. It says.....

Perkins added intrigue to the mystery when he noted that engine ECU's were "big ticket items" which have been contentious right up to Formula 1 level. "they all know this is the brains of traction control and engine operation" Perkins said "we all know the question is how long the wire has been there"

So is Larry now saying that he thinks SBR has been running with Traction Control?
I think thats jumping to conclusions pretty quickly.
As noted in other media sources, SBR have an exemplary record when it comes to adhering to rules and specifications with no major infringements to date. Its a bit much for Larry to start suggesting they have traction control. Maybe he's thinking thats why it looked like he was going so slow around Bathurst last year?

Last edited by manwell; 6 Jul 2004 at 05:02.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 05:24 (Ref:1027617)   #23
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leisure Suit Larry is playing games, injecting little statements to bulk up the 'against' argument for his own gain
If the CAMS officials are smart, they will ingore his ramblings and base there result on fact.
Old 6 Jul 2004, 05:35 (Ref:1027620)   #24
Seton Fanatic
Racer

Seton Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The facts are simple: If Marcos (I rejected FTR because Glenn was an owner/driver; nobody supports me in the Ford camp; Fords are the hardest cars to pass when going for a championship) Ambrose's car is illegal, then Larry's team should get the win with Ambrose disqualified!
Old 6 Jul 2004, 06:00 (Ref:1027627)   #25
jason7250
Racer

Australia
Tasmania
jason7250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good on you Seton Fanatic a fan with both eys open.Needs to be more on both sides.