Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 28 Apr 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2681203)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP, Round 2 - Jerez

Ok, so it's Round 2 from Jerez. Wait, no it should Round 3 because Round 2 was at Motegi. Err, but there was no Motegi because of some volcanic disruption, I mean eruption. So yes, it is indeed Round 2.

I won’t bother with the points just yet, since all you need to do is check the prior race finish. Rossi is still on top, which isn’t a surprise, even though he wasn’t fastest in Qatar. I think it’s safe to say Lorenzo will once again feature for the podium. Yes, the Fiat Yamaha guys are the favorites.

Casey Stoner is the big question mark. He claimed his Qatar crash was due to him backing off and losing heat in the tires. Either way, he tossed away a big lead and a certain 25 points, which he gifted to Rossi. He’s a race down to the greatest of all time, which isn’t a fruitful way to begin a title fight. Either way, he should be fast.

What about his teammate, Nicky Hayden? One hit wonder in Qatar, or championship protagonist?

Can Andrea Dovizioso back up his Round 1 podium? I’ll give him a 50-50 chance.

What about Mr. Pedrosa? He’s in deep trouble on the Swedish sprung Honda. Look once again for a rocket start followed by a slow fade.

I’m again looking forward to seeing how Ben Spies gets on. He has testing experience at Jerez, so I think he’ll be ok.

Lastly, we have the blue Suzuki bikes, who are approaching Kawasaki status. I would really like them to improve in order to make Suzuki Corporate continue to sign on the dotted line.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2681204)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
P.S. I hope Moto 2 provides a race that is as close as the qualifying order.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2681311)   #3
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The real question is has Yamaha found any more horsepower. Honda clearly had more power, and if the midget can keep his head together, could pose a great threat. The Ducati was also down on power, we saw what the Honda did to Nicky on the last lap, and that is shear horsepower.

As far as Tech3, look for them to fall further and further back, since they started with alsmost a full on works bike, but they won't get all the upgrades like the works bikes.

Art
Old 28 Apr 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2681361)   #4
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i better say the times of the races 9.45am for the 125cc, 11.00am for the Moto2 race (BBC need to correct its number round) as at 1.00pm the main bikes are in play
Old 28 Apr 2010, 21:35 (Ref:2681373)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000yellow360 View Post
The real question is has Yamaha found any more horsepower. Honda clearly had more power, and if the midget can keep his head together, could pose a great threat. The Ducati was also down on power, we saw what the Honda did to Nicky on the last lap, and that is shear horsepower.

As far as Tech3, look for them to fall further and further back, since they started with alsmost a full on works bike, but they won't get all the upgrades like the works bikes.

Art
Downplaying Ben's chances?

Actually, while they wont get some of the electronic bits, Tech 3 should stay pretty close in the motor department. Especially during the first six races where the engines are "sealed." And Jerez isn't a top speed track. So the Yamaha's handling will negate some of the horsepower deficit.

Honda definitely have the initial get up and go figured out, but Ducati were hardly short on top speed. Not to mention, we didn't get a good look at the Honda vs. Stoner's Duc. Nicky may have shown well, but he still doesn't get as much out of the bike as Casey does.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 06:49 (Ref:2681477)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the point is that Honda and HRC ahve foudn a way to save fuel and make that biek have huge power.

It's not aero and it migth be a weight thing, but they do seem to have found some power.

Yamaha I know have had to lean off their bikes many times, but Ducati I thnk are a league ahead with aero work so can perhaps run a little more power.

Wondering if it's something to do with the nature of a V4 type motor compared to an inline with all the tech in that Yam engien. Backwards crank, long bang spec etc.

Eitehr way Suzuki can't get near whatever they do!! So,....
Old 29 Apr 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2681726)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Eitehr way Suzuki can't get near whatever they do!! So,....
Suzuki are lost. It's beyond me how badly they do things.
Old 30 Apr 2010, 14:43 (Ref:2682222)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
1. Casey Stoner - Marlboro Ducati - 1:39.731
2. Jorge Lorenzo - Fiat Yamaha - 1:39.875
3. Nicky Hayden - Marlboro Ducati - 1:40.148
4. Dani Pedrosa - Repsol Honda - 1:40.200
5. Valentino Rossi - Fiat Yamaha - 1:40.359
6. Loris Capirossi - Rizla Suzuki - 1:40.716
7. Colin Edwards - Tech 3 Yamaha - 1:40.913
8. Hector Barbera - Aspar Ducati - 1:41.034
9. Alvaro Bautista - Rizla Suzuki - 1:41.093
10. Marco Melandri - Gresini Honda - 1:41.190
11. Ben Spies - Tech 3 Yamaha - 1:41.200
12. Andrea Dovizioso - Repsol Honda - 1:41.277
13. Randy De Puniet - LCR Honda - 1:41.293
14. Mika Kallio - Pramac Ducati - 1:41.297
15. Marco Simoncelli - Gresini Honda - 1:41.533
16. Aleix Espargaro - Pramac Ducati - 1:41.742
17. Hiroshi Aoyama - Interwetten Honda - 1:41.837

So, Stoner back on top and Lorenzo right there with him. Hayden third by about 4 tenths, not bad. The Repsol riders have swapped places, with Dovi falling all the way down to 12th. Hmm, and Rossi 5th. But he can't blame top speed here...

Barbara fastest rookie, which is a nice surprise.

Both Suzuki riders in the top 10. Unprecidented.

Melandri in the top 10, a very nice surprise.

Spies 11th and behind is teammate, another surprise.
Old 1 May 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2682750)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Moto 2, top 20 within .8 seconds... I demand a good race!

Pedrosa on pole, but he says the Yamaha boys are favorites. I agree.

And I must correct myself above, Spies hasn't been to Jerez before.
Old 1 May 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2682835)   #10
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm once again excited about Moto2 ..
this time i see more chassis in the top 10 .. but lets see the race ..

Ciao Marco
Old 2 May 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2682951)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Pedrosa should have a cuppla 100 metre's lead by the 1st corner from pole - then, wait & see...
Looking forward to Moto 2 too - close times. Good to see Ant West up there in P11 . Shoya Tomizawa sure has his bike sorted!
Old 2 May 2010, 10:25 (Ref:2683100)   #12
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
red flag for the very 1st time on Moto2 and i wonder how long will be the delay due to someone engine going bang and a lot of bikers going on the deck.
Old 2 May 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2683103)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back on at 12.45pm spainish time...
Old 2 May 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2683163)   #14
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
So who around here wrote of Honda & Pedrosa - he is flying.... Hayden is showing Stoner the way too!
Good battle between Simoncelli & Melandri...
Old 2 May 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2683266)   #15
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto2 delivered .. i'm actually upset that we lost 9 laps due to the red flag ..
MotoGP ... Lorenzo was mighty .. one of the best races he has done
the Gresini boys entertained us early on

Ciao Marco
Old 2 May 2010, 22:12 (Ref:2683471)   #16
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Pretty impressive by Lorenzo. He knew he had the pace, and just hung in there and put in the work. Let's see if he can take on Rossi for the title.

Pedrosa definitely did better than I thought he would. Good on him.

And Hayden, actually finishing ahead of Stoner on merrit. Dang.
Old 2 May 2010, 22:41 (Ref:2683482)   #17
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This championship seems to be wiiiide open. Rossi has his hands full this season - more than ever before! Reckon he'll still win it though.
Old 3 May 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2683632)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am wondering hw many people dd what I did though and watched the start, new it was going to be a proecesion after 4 laps and then just frwarded to the end!

I have to admit that the rcacing seems pretty dire at times. Almost as if these guys are treding water for 25 laps nd then pulling the pin!

It seems to be all about management and hoping things dont break r wear out, then just lap a the same times some the guy at front cant anymore!!
Old 3 May 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2683650)   #19
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Shame on you Dani for using foul language on the live BBC broadcast. It has upset me and I don't think I'll ever get over it !
Joking aside, although it was a bit processional for most of the race, Lorenzo doing a Rossi on those last few laps certainly livened it up and Pedrosa didn't just give in .
As for the works Ducati team what a nice surprise good on Nicky
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 May 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2683656)   #20
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Hayden up there. Just hope he can carry it on

And the Moto2 race was fantastic from start to finish!
Old 3 May 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2683710)   #21
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just saw the MotoGP race, excellent, very exciting, could have been more if they used the Senna Chicane instead of the sweeping turn 11. Ohwell. Spain still has 3 more GP's, how exactly is that fair? Yes, well aware that US has 2, not fair either. Heard the Moto2 was even better, and the Eurosport commentators did a good job of not spoiling the race (for people like me who watch them after, MotoGP before Moto2), BBC probalbly would have.
Old 3 May 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2683784)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It's faor because Ezpeleta is Spanish, the series is run by Spaniards in the main and most fo teh big teams and sponsors are based in Spain!!

Hence why when riders from away from the Latin speaking world come along they find it hard to ge on sometimes.

Always been this way, but seems right now it's getting worse. Might aswell call it the "FIM Spanish motorcycle championship with a few otehr events thrown in to make it a world championship, championship."

The idiot who gave us teh 800's is now trying to nick the series form the rest of the world!
Old 3 May 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2683914)   #23
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
i'm re-watching Moto2 .. just got to "Incominnnnnnnnng .... no idea" .

Ciao Marco
Old 3 May 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2683939)   #24
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, Moto2 was epic. Don't get me wrong, the main class is amazing this year, but in my opinion, Moto2 races have been better so far than MotoGP.
Old 3 May 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2683957)   #25
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
Don't get me wrong, the main class is amazing this year, but in my opinion, Moto2 races have been better so far than MotoGP.
It's been that way since the end of 2006 unfortunately.