Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Jan 2001, 20:05 (Ref:56073)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What if the BTCC had interactive coverage like football on Sky Sports? People would be able to look at teams and find out about their sponsors. That would surely bring a lot of money in.
Old 4 Jan 2001, 21:46 (Ref:56097)   #2
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Isn't that what they are trying to do with the proposed Interactive Sportcar Championship - in-car telemetry, internet feed, digital TV coverage, etc.

There's a story in today's Aurosport about BMP having a long term aim of setting up a motorsport only TV channel. to quote Denys Rohan "If you look at the amount of broadcast time available, paticularly at night between 2am and 5am you could produce a programme. There is enough material for that today"

2-5 am EVERY night! Can I survive on just 2 hrs sleep
Old 5 Jan 2001, 21:19 (Ref:56379)   #3
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Larsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the BBC coverage is poor and could be better, more races should be showed live. One annoying thing about BBC, is that the touring cars are always going to be 5 to 15 minutes late, they should improve that.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 13:31 (Ref:56607)   #4
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have had this conversation so many times before. It is sad that the Touring Cars don't get more coverage. I believe it is down to the organisers, to attack the BBC for better coverage. I hope redshoes is right and they do try and get more on the TV. F1 has about half an hour chit chat before the race starts. It would be great to have more than the five minutes we get with Charlie Cox. Proper interviews with drivers, and the teams rather than the rushed snatches that we get at the mo.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 13:39 (Ref:56614)   #5
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
well

If you look back to the coverage of the 98' season, you will notice that they actually did broadcast more in the way of coverage, they had interviews (albeit brief) and an inside look at braking systems on Touring Cars.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 13:56 (Ref:56625)   #6
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Touring Cars should get the same amount of coverage like f1, even though Formula 1 is not very good any more. I propose that the touring cars get moved to ITV or even Skysports (Provide great Nascar coverage). In many ways, i prefere ITV because you know they can provide the coverage more so than the BBC. Sorry BBC, but it is the truth, we deserve to see more coverage of Touring Cars, and I guess it will get the manufacturers interested. This could be the best year for touring cars!
Old 6 Jan 2001, 14:00 (Ref:56627)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Think we already did this one just the other day...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=5967

Old 7 Jan 2001, 00:12 (Ref:56869)   #8
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know there is a blatent redirection of posts here but I just have to say in response to Larsen, that not everyone has Sky Sports. I certainly can't afford it. Motorsports like this should be covered on the bog standard 5 channels (sorry, Carrie - 4 to some people) as the less fortunate do not benefit otherwise. I totally understand what you are saying about BBC but as I understand it, it is the Touring Car organisers that are to blame, not BBC. It was also be great if ITV did a better job, but... adverts??????
Old 7 Jan 2001, 00:27 (Ref:56876)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Why can't they show telemetry, RPM, speed, brake, they show it on the super touring Bathurst race!
Old 7 Jan 2001, 11:08 (Ref:56948)   #10
Larsen
Racer

Denmark
Northants, UK
Maybe they can't be bothered. In many ways, if it was on ITV and you saw live racing more often and longer highlights, then I don't think the adverts matter. At least you get time to get a drink or something to eat to keep the adrenaline going. I think it will be more difficult for the BBC because of the increase of races, are they going to show the production races then just the super tourers.