Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 17 Mar 2004, 11:51 (Ref:908085)   #1
SpeedDeamons
Rookie

SpeedDeamons should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSBK 1 make tyres what were they thinking???!!!

have organisersers gone mental? not only have they made it a 1 make tyre series. Pirelli had only 1 or 2 bikes using it's tyres last season doesn't that tell you something? idiots
Old 17 Mar 2004, 12:21 (Ref:908123)   #2
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It says that it is pretty much a level playing field.

In terms of competition it is a bad move in my opinion, the bikes are competing with eachother, the riders are, so why not the tyres too? A 'control of tyre' scenario like f1 would have been a better idea.

The main gripe with the control tyres is that it has eliminated any chance of seeing competitive wildcards this year, and that in my opinion is a joke.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 13:49 (Ref:908207)   #3
SpeedDeamons
Rookie

also, the renegade team would have liked to come back to BSB to do some none conflicting meets. BUT because of the pirelli agreement in their contract they would have to run those tyres, which lack grip and meant they were lapping slower than BSB bikes. so if they came here on them they would just look ****, most spectaters wouldn't think "oh it's the tyres"
Old 17 Mar 2004, 15:49 (Ref:908278)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whilst at first I didnt think a "spec" tyre was the way to go, but at least now going by the first Rounds racing we will at least have close, fast racing, unlike last year when a lot of the time all we saw was the 2 Fila Ducati's blasting away from the rest of the pack.

IMO going to a "Spec" tyre isnt neccarcily a bad thing, a lot of racing series do this, CART, F3000, ETCC, DTM etc, so why not WSBK? It has made the racing closer and has signifcantly cut costs. In a ideal world all the teams would have big budgets and woudnt be struggling for survial, but this isnt the case and therefore these cost cutting measures are needed to stop teams going out of business...

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 17 Mar 2004 at 15:50.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 22:46 (Ref:908710)   #5
SpeedDeamons
Rookie

you hav a point but consider all the money lost by sponserships of tyre manufacturers. i'm not saying that control tyre's are a bad thing. far from i agree that they close the racing up. however when the tyre chosen, is chosen not for the performance of the tyre but to keep evry thing Italien, they have made (in my view) a great error. the pirelli's are out classed by michellin and dunlops by a great lenght. that is the problem. the riders complained of lack of grip when they were banked over at high speed. so they loose time. making them slower than the BSB bikes, which isn't right.
Old 17 Mar 2004, 23:37 (Ref:908756)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Then in that case im sure Pirelli will soon come up with a new compound of tyres which will be more competitve than their current compound. Lets give Pirelli a chance, they have only had 1 round so far, and yes fair enough the tyre wasnt perfect, but again this is the situation that we have and unfortunatly we cant do anything about it.

If the situation continues to stay unsatisfactory for both the teams and the riders and the fans Im sure that the FIM will listen to the teams and riders and may well make some neccarcy changes, but again lets give Pirelli a chance, its early days yet and Im hoping that they will up their game pretty quickly.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 09:17 (Ref:909019)   #7
Gerrit
Racer

Gerrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Methinks Flammini got a kickback from Pirelli..........
Old 19 Mar 2004, 03:33 (Ref:910130)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMO this one-tyre rule could be a benefit as hopefully we will see more teams being competitive during the weekend.

However, I will agree that now seeing wildcards at certain rounds - e.g USA and Australia - will be sad.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 15:57 (Ref:912181)   #9
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a legal action against the Flamminis for this decision, from Michelin and Dunlop I believe
Old 20 Mar 2004, 21:17 (Ref:912771)   #10
SpeedDeamons
Rookie

if wild-cards want to enter any WSBK rounds are they gonna have to use the pirelli's aswell?
Old 21 Mar 2004, 00:44 (Ref:913120)   #11
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that's why none of the top locals will enter from USA and Britain, because they all have factory deals with Dunlop and Michelin.
Old 21 Mar 2004, 20:27 (Ref:914236)   #12
SpeedDeamons
Rookie

that sucks. but it stopps the pirelli's being shown up by the other makes