Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Aug 2006, 05:27 (Ref:1686919)   #1
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can Ford Win Bathurst?

Can ford finally win Bathurst this year,after the race last year,we had it in the bag until Ambrose's pentily and lowndes's damage 888 falcon.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 05:44 (Ref:1686923)   #2
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't see Ford have it "in the bag" at all last year...

But I do think Ford will finally win it this year..
Old 20 Aug 2006, 05:49 (Ref:1686926)   #3
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bathurst is The General's territory, sorry mate.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 20 Aug 2006, 05:50 (Ref:1686927)   #4
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ambrose did untill the offical killed that & Mr Potato Head took him out.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 20 Aug 2006, 06:50 (Ref:1686947)   #5
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
Ambrose did untill the offical killed that & Mr Potato Head took him out.
And didn't the Holden fans go up on Pit straight when it happened! You can debate all day and all night if he would of caught, let alone passed Skaifey, but thats not what this thread is about.

On topic, Ford have a very good chance of winning Bathurst this year.

Craig Lowndes & Jamie Whincup will have a good car. Their car seems to look after its tyres particularly well, so i'm tipping towards the end of the stints this car will be particularly strong. Its also very strong under brakes, meaning passing at the chase, Murrays and Hell will be on the cards.

FPR, should be right up there, but, just when they seem to get things right, they slip up. I don't think their results this year reflect where they really are. They have definent speed, but little things trip them up here & there. If they can have a trouble free run, I'd almost tip them to win it.

James Courtney & Glenn Seton are a dark horse. I'm tipping them for a podium. I think James is coming along in leaps and bounds, he's a champion of the future, and if Glenn is on the pace, look out.

Ingall has been consistent this year. He'll be consistent at Bathurst. Not much more to say here. Suprise me Rusty... but yeah.

In my opinion, there is your 3 and a half Ford's that can win it. Two clear favourites in 888 & FPR... with SBR slotting in behind.

On the Holden side I will stick my neck out and say Car 51 will be there or there abouts, Car 2, 15, 7 & 3 are all very strong motor cars at Bathurst too...

Guess that gives you 5 Holdens that can win it.... But thats only my opinion. Bring it on
Old 20 Aug 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1687017)   #6
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
nah dont think so
Old 20 Aug 2006, 09:10 (Ref:1687033)   #7
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perkins, Tom's Army, and PWR should all be very strong at the Mountain.

FPR will come unstuck, and 888 will not be strong enough (compared to Holden with two stars in each car).

Makes me laugh all the money Ford chucks into the sport to try and win bathurst... and the last time was... 1998..

Cmon team red.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1687041)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
PWR do not have the pace they may have enjoyed in previous seasons... presuming they can get a Perkins engine installed properly so it doesnt blow up before race's end of course

Team BOC should be at a good top 5 pace come Mountaintime as should WPS...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Aug 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1687051)   #9
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With about 20 laps remaining, a "concocted" Yellow Flag is ordered and the Safety Car is told to pick up the lead car that has just fitted good tyres and is fuelled up.

Sprint race to the end!

Mike
Old 20 Aug 2006, 09:40 (Ref:1687059)   #10
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe they radio a low running team telling them to have an "engine failure" on the racing line?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 20 Aug 2006, 13:41 (Ref:1687352)   #11
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends on if the Ford teams want to roll their sleeves up, work hard at it and give it an honest go or just whinge that Holden have a performance advantage at Mt Panorama.
Old 20 Aug 2006, 23:13 (Ref:1687793)   #12
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot
Depends on if the Ford teams want to roll their sleeves up, work hard at it and give it an honest go or just whinge that Holden have a performance advantage at Mt Panorama.
Spot on.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 01:44 (Ref:1687819)   #13
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few weeks back I didn't give Ford a real chance, but after OP I've changed my mind. If the drivers use their heads and don't push too hard at critical times they are a definate possibility......but anything can happen over 1000k's.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 01:57 (Ref:1687821)   #14
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raglanparade

Makes me laugh all the money Ford chucks into the sport to try and win bathurst... and the last time was... 1998..

Cmon team red.
NO, Ford throw their money in to win Championships, which they have done rather well in the last 3.5 years.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 03:27 (Ref:1687842)   #15
lowdown
Racer

lowdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fords have their best chance in years. Lowndes/Whincup Best chance. Lowndes wont have to push as hard as he did last year because this year he has a co that can almost match his pace. FPR will be strong. SBR will be strong and DJR will surprise. Then you have BOC. Ford are looking good and they will have to be. Come on October
Old 21 Aug 2006, 04:16 (Ref:1687851)   #16
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford have as much chance of winning Bathurst as they have since the introduction of the BA. All they have to do is have some cards fall into place & some of the drivers to stop making silly mistakes. I think the Ford have only slightly less chance then the Holden Runners.

Oh, & BOC's chances this year.....mid field at best. I think WPS have more chance then them
Old 21 Aug 2006, 06:01 (Ref:1687879)   #17
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Why do they have "slightly less chance"?

Since we have project Blueprint, are you saying Holden has better teams and/or drivers?
Old 21 Aug 2006, 06:44 (Ref:1687907)   #18
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Everyone has their predictions, I mean Mark Skaife and Garth Tander have got to be almost the unbackable favourites, but at Bathurst... It is so weird the track really does demand respect or you'll... spin off coming into the pit lane (Perkins 2001, he would've had a podium otherwise)... Or a roo could come out and hit your car (Richo Sr. '04)... Come to think of it I don't think Bathurst likes TPR...
Old 21 Aug 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1687961)   #19
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Why do they have "slightly less chance"?

Since we have project Blueprint, are you saying Holden has better teams and/or drivers?
Holden have had more teams and drivers with the experience at that track over 1000k's. Throw in the the HRT juggernaut years when Uncle Tom first took over the reins and Perkins' successes. There has always been at least one Holden that didn't break, and Ford drivers that succumbed to the pressure of leading the race (Radisich and Longhurst). I am still dumbfounded as to why Lowndes pushed so hard last year......what was he thinking? Any time gained would only have been lost in the safety car periods! The Ambrose debacle is another example of opportunity lost......maybe someone has learned this year.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 08:40 (Ref:1687968)   #20
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
The Ambrose debacle is another example of opportunity lost......maybe someone has learned this year.
Yeah, he buggered off to the US!
Old 21 Aug 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1688011)   #21
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot
which HRT/HSV do!
Old 22 Aug 2006, 01:26 (Ref:1688415)   #22
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Here we go again

What about when SBR had a performance advantage?

Motorsport is about being the fastest/most competitive. Luckily V8 Supercars still has a tiny ounce of that left in it, be thankful
Old 22 Aug 2006, 02:16 (Ref:1688428)   #23
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate it when teams reap the rewards from hard work and extensive research & development - everyone should be allowed to win at least once a year that would make it a lot fairer and gosh it would just be nice wouldn't it ? Huh ?
Old 22 Aug 2006, 03:11 (Ref:1688442)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
What about when SBR had a performance advantage?
Doesnt he drive an SUV for a living now?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Aug 2006, 04:03 (Ref:1688455)   #25
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice comment about the money ford throw at the sport.........bah! if ford is throwing lots of meny at the sport then what are holden doing?????

the way i see it, some of the bathurst results could have gone either way in years gone by, but didnt. Consider Lowndes' opportunities that vaporised via bad luck or pushing too hard. Rain a top the mountain one year and a plastic bag the next........last year his exuberance caught him out.

I guess ford must have paid out a lot to win bathurst the year skaife lost his chance because of his back door issue?

i want a ford to win and i dont care which one does........preferrably the car that wins earns it, and if that car somehow happens to be a holden, then so be it.