Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Jun 2007, 23:34 (Ref:1939180)   #1
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best presented team?

I know this is a very minor issue, but as some teams go forward some seem to be go backwards (FPR!) it would be good if the whole grid could be turned out nicely.

I reckon the best presented team has to be DJR. They always have their trailers painted up to match their cars, very nice livery and professionally turned out team.

HRT are up there too, but what's with the different versions of their team logo that don't match e.g. on their pit overalls, the superseded 2006 livery still on the truck, and how can 'Team Red' be day glo and black.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 23:59 (Ref:1939207)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are a couple of teams who dont always put on their Sunday best wheels/spoilers/panels for race day... presumably its a budget thing... which make them look quite ordinary in the flesh....

I can still recall the Peter Jackson Falcon days, when they werent averse to changing doors or bonnets between races so the cars looked immaculate at all times.

There seem to be quite a few squads where the truck paintjobs dont 100% line up with the cars... like PWR carrying "No Limit" branding at Eastern Creek, yet the cars dont... or someone like TKR with the plain black trailer and no branding at all!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Jun 2007, 01:01 (Ref:1939249)   #3
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes DJR would have to the best presented, but PCR is growing on me.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:31 (Ref:1939650)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DJR are up there as are Toll HSVDT and HRT.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:52 (Ref:1939687)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
HRT keep using different design wheels front and rear...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jun 2007, 00:54 (Ref:1941234)   #6
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the story there, GTRMagic?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 01:01 (Ref:1941238)   #7
MrX
Racer

Australia-Aboriginal
Wangaratta
MrX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hear that some V8Supercar teams are starting to use a new wheel from Spain called "Braid"
Old 19 Jun 2007, 01:20 (Ref:1941246)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Whats the story there, GTRMagic?
For some reason they are running a combination of the 5 spoke OZ wheels and the new OZ 16 spoke ones.... presumbly a lot of old stock in HRT...

The #22 car seems to run the old 5 spoke wheels....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jun 2007, 04:03 (Ref:1941291)   #9
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
At one point #2 ran both wheels together. My thinking was that by running new and old on #2 and #22 they could tell whether there was an advantage.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 05:10 (Ref:1941311)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I thought the 5 spoke OZ wheels were being discontinued, hence the move to the other type

It would make far more sense to make this a control component, and put the supply out to tender.... surely there is an advantage in buying a couple of hundred of these at a time rather than a few per team...

Sadly we will likely not get them made here... with the Wingfield Castalloy factory looking lonely and unused
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jun 2007, 05:57 (Ref:1941327)   #11
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Perhaps they can also look into control organic components, plenty of money to save there.

Control audiences wouldn't hurt either.

Old 19 Jun 2007, 06:33 (Ref:1941340)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Control audiences wouldn't hurt either.
They have them... the 20,000 "phantoms" that appear each round to get the numbers up
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jun 2007, 08:23 (Ref:1941410)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
oh yes you don't hear them you don't see them but their ticket seems to add numbers at the turnstile.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 09:10 (Ref:1941451)   #14
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the reason for FPR not using the new rims that HRT use?
They used them in pre-season testing but i haven't seen them on the cars since then.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1941686)   #15
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
maybe they have come to the conclusion the advantage isn't worth the cash

can anyone confirm this, from what i heard having smaller but more gaps makes the air/temp of the brakes regulate better than having biger and less gaps? if so in that case then i can't see why everyone isn't using them.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 02:59 (Ref:1942203)   #16
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm quite partial to the Toll Racing cars due to their choice in wheels. DJR certainly also gives them a run for their money in the presentation stakes
Old 20 Jun 2007, 04:24 (Ref:1942230)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by db120176
I'm quite partial to the Toll Racing cars due to their choice in wheels. DJR certainly also gives them a run for their money in the presentation stakes
It would be nice if Toll used their corporate logo and colours in their racing exploits... although a yellow, green & white car may not look too crash hot... much like their interstate vehicles
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Jun 2007, 04:29 (Ref:1942231)   #18
cmifsud
Racer

Australia
Australia
cmifsud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JDR are the reigning champs for this award and IMHO should win it again this year.

http://www.jackdanielsracing.com.au/gallery.aspx
Old 21 Jun 2007, 23:05 (Ref:1943782)   #19
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

WPS/WOW RACING!
Old 22 Jun 2007, 00:23 (Ref:1943815)   #20
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Larry's cars look superb.

The jim Beam crew are probably the best presented team though.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:16 (Ref:1944199)   #21
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

There seem to be quite a few squads where the truck paintjobs dont 100% line up with the cars... like PWR carrying "No Limit" branding at Eastern Creek, yet the cars dont...
And still do as of this afternoon!
Old 23 Jun 2007, 01:56 (Ref:1944713)   #22
R2J2G
Racer

Australia
Scrambelltown
R2J2G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmifsud
JDR are the reigning champs for this award and IMHO should win it again this year.

http://www.jackdanielsracing.com.au/gallery.aspx
what an awesome website
Old 23 Jun 2007, 04:30 (Ref:1944749)   #23
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why do websites bother having a gallery if the pictures are the size of a postage stamp.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 10:49 (Ref:1944843)   #24
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never been rapt in the red and white HRT cars but the glow red looks great on the VE.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 11:04 (Ref:1944847)   #25
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Speaking of HRT, did you see that Skaife and Kelly were using 2006 race suits for the qualifying session today?