Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 9 Jun 2008, 10:46 (Ref:2223549)   #1
g7hkq
Rookie

England
Urmston, Manchester. UK
g7hkq should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave Moores Sprint Anglesey 21-22 June

Dave Moores Sprint Anglesey 21st 22nd June Sign on will be 8 – 8:30am both days. Tickets will be left on the gate for all marshals. I’m helping Dave Cleaveley out on this one can you please PM me if you are still able to make it. As with any event the more marshals the better so if you haven’t been to the new track, you will be made welcome. The Chester Motor Club look after us well.
Ian
Old 10 Jun 2008, 11:32 (Ref:2224695)   #2
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by g7hkq
Dave Moores Sprint Anglesey 21st 22nd June Sign on will be 8 – 8:30am both days. Tickets will be left on the gate for all marshals. I’m helping Dave Cleaveley out on this one can you please PM me if you are still able to make it. As with any event the more marshals the better so if you haven’t been to the new track, you will be made welcome. The Chester Motor Club look after us well.
Ian
To add to this

wide mix of cars from production saloons up to British sprint championship cars both days, different track configurations both days, Full international for 1 lap on Sat and National for 1 1/2 laps on Sun

Chester MC look after marshals well, if as per last years event lunch vouchers, and marshals draw, friendly officials If you have never marshalled a sprint before we will look after you

Richard
Chester MC
Old 10 Jun 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2225016)   #3
Ian Briggs
Veteran

Ian Briggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gonna try and make at least one day of this, I have marshalled and competed in the Dave Moore Memorial, and once got an extremely wild ride in, or rather on, a Frazer Nash Super sport.
Well recommended
Old 10 Jun 2008, 22:28 (Ref:2225257)   #4
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enjoy yourselves folks.
I'm working on the Club Circuit on Sunday whilst you lot are playing on the National Circuit
Old 10 Jun 2008, 23:35 (Ref:2225293)   #5
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thnk iam at oulton on saturday(correct if iam wrong) but will try an make sunday. if anyone from oulton wants to share a car they are more than welcome!
Old 17 Jun 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2231328)   #6
g7hkq
Rookie

England
Urmston, Manchester. UK
Quick update. I have spoken to Jan from the Chester Motor Club today everything is in place looks like a brilliant weekend. There will be a contribution to expenses plus meal vouchers. Let me know if you are up for a great weekend.
Ian
Old 23 Jun 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2236034)   #7
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just to post Chester MCs thanks and appreciation for those marshals who braved the elements on Saturday and Sunday to allow the event to run

The Saturday, (Basil Davenport Memorial) was abandoned at about 13:00 after not being able to complete a practice run due the extreme wetness, even the production cars could not stay on the track and after several accidents including one driver airlifted from the circuit to Bangor, the clerks and stewards decided that for the 1st time in 16 years that safety was paramount and the only course was to abandon the days sprinting

The Sunday (Dave Moore trophy) ran and I'm sure all the track marshals were glad of the new boxes to shelter from the wind in, I was blown around a lot in the pit lane for the day, and all were praised by both competitors and series co-ordinators for a job well done

Thanks again, and again I am proud to count myself amongst the marshalling fraternity

Richard J

(on behalf of Chester MC)
Old 23 Jun 2008, 20:43 (Ref:2236076)   #8
g7hkq
Rookie

England
Urmston, Manchester. UK
Just to add my thanks for all the hard work by everyone.
It was a shame about Sat but look on the bright side at least we had a long lunch and an early finish.
On a more serious note the Club had no option but to cancel and the drivers seemed to agree with the decision.
Sunday made up for it.
Ian