Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Jun 2008, 13:35 (Ref:2234707)   #1
badgeman62
Racer

United Kingdom
chester
badgeman62 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks

just like to say a big thanks to all the guy,s i worked with yesterday,at druids.a big thanks goes to the i/o who kept us on our toes,as we had our fair share of work to do.
Old 22 Jun 2008, 15:58 (Ref:2234841)   #2
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you. I was the I/O in question. Unfortunately for my pride, the fact is that I had such a good team with me that day (was it 11 cars in all?) that you didn't need me at all. I just stood there doing meerkat impressions.
Cracking team, cracking day. Well done everyone including Bob and Harry in the box. I was proud to work with you.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 11:45 (Ref:2235568)   #3
bluebeard
Veteran

England
wirral
bluebeard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear you both had a good day, yes it did get busier as the day went on, luckily yes we did have an excellent team on post & congrats on your assessment numbersix
H
Old 23 Jun 2008, 11:53 (Ref:2235581)   #4
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad someone had a busy time! We had a few piroettes in qualli but come the race all were well behaved down by lakeside! Some good racing was actually seen! Happy days!
Old 23 Jun 2008, 12:08 (Ref:2235596)   #5
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, thanks also from me, to everyone over both days.
Not a lot of action for me, one push start at 9 on Saturday, and one collision on the straight for us at 25 on Sunday, and that one drove off and parked at 2, before we even got there.

Who's the person to b*tch at...I mean speak to about the camp site?
Old 23 Jun 2008, 12:35 (Ref:2235627)   #6
MattFord
Racer

England
Sunbury on Thames
MattFord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done guys - If you need any of your gravel back it's down at post 7!
Old 23 Jun 2008, 12:36 (Ref:2235628)   #7
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2702
Yes, thanks also from me, to everyone over both days.
Not a lot of action for me, one push start at 9 on Saturday, and one collision on the straight for us at 25 on Sunday, and that one drove off and parked at 2, before we even got there.

Who's the person to b*tch at...I mean speak to about the camp site?
I think there's a bit of overlap here!
The first few posts are about Druids @ Oulton Park..... (I think, unless there were a lot of Northerners at Brands!)

As for Brands, it might be worth while dropping an email to MSV directly, unless it was about the music we were blasting out!
The bit that gets me is that they won't allow the ladies on the GP circuit as there are no facilities, but they will insist that you camp in an area with no facilities.
(For those who don't know, we were told that if we wanted to use the toilets we had to drive from the campsite to the main gate, and then drive to the Kentagon. All OK you might think, but the whole idea of camping is that you can have a few beers!)
I must add that this was not the fault of the organising club, Peter did try to get the ped gate open so we didn't have such a trek, but it was deemed to be a security risk...
(MODS; would it be an idea to split this off into a seperate thread?)

Last edited by mini1400; 23 Jun 2008 at 12:40.
Old 23 Jun 2008, 12:47 (Ref:2235641)   #8
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard
congrats on your assessment numbersix
H
Old 23 Jun 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2235650)   #9
Guinness2702
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cambridge
Guinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGuinness2702 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini1400
I think there's a bit of overlap here!
The first few posts are about Druids @ Oulton Park..... (I think, unless there were a lot of Northerners at Brands!)
D'oh, yes, I was talking about Brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini1400
(For those who don't know, we were told that if we wanted to use the toilets we had to drive from the campsite to the main gate, and then drive to the Kentagon. All OK you might think, but the whole idea of camping is that you can have a few beers!)
I didn't even get told that, although I did eventually figure out why that van kept driving backwards and forwards all the time. And I *was* having a few beers.