Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 13 Feb 2003, 22:11 (Ref:505872)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How will Team Foggy Petronas Racing do in their first year?

It seems quite ambitious for Carl Fogarty to start his own WSBK team. I hope it goes well and that they don't go the way of the Prost Formula 1 team.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 22:44 (Ref:505915)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he's wasting his time looking at the SBK future, or lack of it.

Hope he has some success though, along with Troy, but taking on all those Ducati's will prove to be a daunting task.
Old 13 Feb 2003, 23:17 (Ref:505954)   #3
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team who what racing?? :confused:
Old 14 Feb 2003, 05:12 (Ref:506115)   #4
wreckless
Racer

wreckless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are not wasting their time. In a few years wsbk will be flooded with manufacturers again after they realise they no longer have the money to put in a competative effort in gp. ie kawasaki and aprilia.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 07:00 (Ref:506141)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not so sure wreckless, I'm not so sure. However, I do concur with the problems with MotoGP. This spending of hundreds of thousands on building competitive machinery can only last so long.

They should take a good look at F1 to see what escalating costs does to a once vibrant racing series.

If MotoGP introduce cost-cutting controls, while SBK is still around, then I will be confident that manufacturers will once again participate in SBK. But if this sort of control does not come in soon, I'm afraid SBK may not survive for too long, particularly if the only competitive bike is a Ducati.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 07:25 (Ref:506155)   #6
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It depends how the 4 cylinder 1000s go, if they are competitive with the twins, then manufacturers might see it worthwhile to enter a team, if they are just as uncompetitive as the 750s, nothing will change.

At least Suzuki is giving the 1000 four a go, and apparently Yamaha to for 2004.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 15:11 (Ref:506572)   #7
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how will they go?

Well I hope! For Troy's sake.
I like that little guy, he is kinda like Biaggi when he is Hot he is Hot!

(he has the biaggi mouth attitude too!)
Old 17 Feb 2003, 10:30 (Ref:509339)   #8
gsr
Racer

gsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's supposed to be a sweet handling bike, just lacking a bit of horsepower at the moment. Corser is the best rider in the series ,so when the bike gets up to speed look out!
Old 18 Feb 2003, 06:44 (Ref:510249)   #9
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the WSBK bikes had to be production based,and I didn't think the Petronas bike was?
Old 18 Feb 2003, 09:30 (Ref:510339)   #10
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Warwick
I thought the WSBK bikes had to be production based,and I didn't think the Petronas bike was?
A production version will be available some time this year. Enough will be built to satisfy the FIM.
Old 21 Feb 2003, 06:58 (Ref:513152)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
troy will rock - foggy to get race wins in 2003
Old 21 Feb 2003, 10:02 (Ref:513243)   #12
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
I've just seen the FIM's list of homologated bikes. The FP-1's on it, so they have convinced the FIM it's a production bike; now, where can I buy one?
Old 21 Feb 2003, 12:16 (Ref:513331)   #13
Gerrit
Racer

Gerrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hundreds of thousands? More like hundreds of MILLIONS!!!!! HRC pumped 150 million in the RC211V alone, and are now working on a V-6. Yamaha are now working on an M3 which will replace the M1. Suzuki are said to be working on an inline four to replace the GSR-V. Clearly Aprilia and Ducati cannot afford this level of expenditure for long. Nor can Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki- Kevin Cameron recently referred to them as financially unguided missiles. Only Honda is in good financial shape.
Buit don't kid yourself about WSB being cheap- Jan Witteveen stated that in 2000, the WSB project was costing Aprilia more than 125, 250 and 500 TOGETHER!!!! The simple fact is, four-stroke racing eats money at a frightening rate. And with the world economy in a nosedive, all those sponsors who were predicted to be oh so eager to support MotoGP are no longer so eager- if, indeed, they ever were.
The brutal truth is that Honda now have the title as their property; they will simply outspend everybody else, giving them the choice of (a) competing with the Olympic ideal in mind (participating is more important than winning), or (b) withdrawing after a few years, or (c) spending themselves into bankruptcy. The 1950s all over again........
Not surprising really......... Honda drew up the current rules.
As for the FP team, nice try........ but where can I buy one, and more to the point, what will it cost????????