Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Aug 2001, 14:32 (Ref:132457)   #1
chrisrb2002
Racer

United Kingdom
Its's dark but I can see a bright light.
chrisrb2002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Win du nombre 52

Hy just thought, he could get number 52 at the place where he started it all in 1991 ( do you think he will burn the clutch out this time.....)
Old 19 Aug 2001, 16:06 (Ref:132524)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think Spa is the most likely place for TGF to get his 52nd win. If it rains he'll probably run away with it. But if it's warm he'll probably have a challenge from Ralf and JPM. But after Spa, it'll probably be Williams wins at the final three circuits (depending on reliability).
Old 19 Aug 2001, 16:17 (Ref:132529)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That could be... But I had the feeling he'll pay the promise about compensating RB. Let's see.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 16:27 (Ref:132536)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Martin Brundle mentioned during his commentary that if he was Barrichello and TGF offered him a win he wouldn't take it. He said something along the lines of: "That's like saying 'I'm just so fast that I don't need this'..." And he's right. If Barrichello needs wins handing to him on a plate then maybe he just shouldn't be winning at all.

I also don't think TGF will be giving any wins away until he has taken his 52nd, then after that I think the races will be better for Williams so TGF may not be in a position to allow Barrichello to win.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 16:48 (Ref:132549)   #5
davebreen
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
davebreen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if TGF does roll over for RB it will be only to humilate the rest of the pack and finish the season as 1st and 2nd drivers in the WDC. That would really rub DC's face in it!!!!!
Old 19 Aug 2001, 17:18 (Ref:132564)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Remember Senna did the same to Berger...
Old 19 Aug 2001, 17:19 (Ref:132565)   #7
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given the way his career went, I think Brundle would have done anything to pick up a win, even if it was gifted to him. 'Course now that he`s on the air, he can say the opposite 'cos it'll sound far better

But anyway, there is a chance he'll let Rubens win one of the remaining races. I dont think the Williams is as consistent as some people believe so I dont think they`ll neccesarily win at the remaining circuits despite the car's characteristics. Those tyres are still 50-50 and pitstops and reliability are a major question mark for the boys at Williams.

Last edited by Mania; 19 Aug 2001 at 17:21.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 17:22 (Ref:132566)   #8
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Whatever happens with Williams, I think TGF will want that record before he starts giving anything away.
Old 19 Aug 2001, 22:10 (Ref:132740)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

After reading the post race conference, I can only agree with you R Girl !
Old 20 Aug 2001, 20:18 (Ref:133252)   #10
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
As always, Steph is right...

Old 20 Aug 2001, 22:06 (Ref:133343)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I'll just follow you from now on...
Old 21 Aug 2001, 17:48 (Ref:133775)   #12
LucaBadoer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Harrogate, N Yorks.
LucaBadoer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can see the BMW.Williams.F1 team dominating the last 4 races. All of them are fast tracks (Spa, Monza, Indy & Suzuka) - so, will we see the same as we saw at Hock??? - I hope it's a bit closer!
Old 21 Aug 2001, 19:40 (Ref:133840)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
I'll just follow you from now on...
That's a good idea.
Old 21 Aug 2001, 21:08 (Ref:133894)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Old 22 Aug 2001, 04:34 (Ref:134045)   #15
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the up coming tracks favouring Williams and possibly Mac, i'm not expecting any 1-2's for Ferrari, and therefore no gifted wins to Rubens. I dont even think Michael will get win 52 without some brilliant manouvre/ race strategy/ or a bit of luck etc.
Old 22 Aug 2001, 13:21 (Ref:134236)   #16
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he wants to win all the 4 remaining races, just because he wants to prove he is the best. The only one who can stand in his way now is RB. He is fighting for the second spot in the wdc, so he wants at least a win. DC can forget about fighting for something, Ralf has a great chance of getting big points in the coming circuits, so he is also thinking in a good wdc position. As for the battle of constructors, I guess Mclaren has the edge over williams in the second spot fight, but anything can happen.
Old 22 Aug 2001, 13:40 (Ref:134244)   #17
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by LucaBadoer
I can see the BMW.Williams.F1 team dominating the last 4 races. All of them are fast tracks (Spa, Monza, Indy & Suzuka) - so, will we see the same as we saw at Hock??? - I hope it's a bit closer!
Yeah Right!
Old 22 Aug 2001, 13:52 (Ref:134250)   #18
jonboyG
Racer

jonboyG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
. If Barrichello needs wins handing to him on a plate then maybe he just shouldn't be winning at all.
Must be why he's always on the second row....
Old 22 Aug 2001, 15:16 (Ref:134273)   #19
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Win number 52 for TGF could come this season, but I think the most likely place for it to happen will be at Indy. Spa, Monza and Suzuka should be great tracks for Williams (or rather BMW), and I'm expecting them to win there. But, if it should happen to rain at Spa, I wouldn't be surprised at all if TGF won his 52nd already in that race. As for "giving" a win to Rubens - I agree that certainly won't happen until TGF has that coveted 52nd win to his name!
Old 22 Aug 2001, 21:12 (Ref:134495)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I would like to see Williams win too. That would be great for them winning at Monza and Spa... a little sad for Ferrari.
Old 22 Aug 2001, 21:29 (Ref:134507)   #21
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going by their season so far Bon, who cares???

Williams to win and DC for no. 2
Old 22 Aug 2001, 22:04 (Ref:134532)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
All this chatter about TGF handing RB a win. Does RB have no self respect. What the hell use is a win if it's handed to you on a plate? Everyone will know you didn't really win the race, that TGF was just trying to be human and failing as always. If I were RB I would tell him to shove the win where the squirrels poke their nuts
Old 22 Aug 2001, 22:11 (Ref:134537)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
All this chatter about TGF handing RB a win. Does RB have no self respect. What the hell use is a win if it's handed to you on a plate? Everyone will know you didn't really win the race, that TGF was just trying to be human and failing as always. If I were RB I would tell him to shove the win where the squirrels poke their nuts
Ask Berger how he felt about it...
Old 22 Aug 2001, 22:30 (Ref:134551)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kuchi
I think he wants to win all the 4 remaining races, just because he wants to prove he is the best. The only one who can stand in his way now is RB. He is fighting for the second spot in the wdc, so he wants at least a win. DC can forget about fighting for something, Ralf has a great chance of getting big points in the coming circuits, so he is also thinking in a good wdc position. As for the battle of constructors, I guess Mclaren has the edge over williams in the second spot fight, but anything can happen.
As he did in 1995???
Old 22 Aug 2001, 22:32 (Ref:134553)   #25
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spa (the field where Schumi made his debut) it's a good place to break the record of wins if he wins in that circuit. But a better place (specially for his fans) could be Monza...