Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 19 Apr 2002, 09:38 (Ref:264637)   #1
D Fleming
Rookie

D Fleming should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Scholarship

Hi all.

What would you do for a shot at F1? My name is David Fleming. I'm organising a scholarship which might just allow you to do that. I have a background in F1 marketing and I know how things work (I think!). You may have read about this in Autosport and on the motorsport portals back in November. I'm about to do a feature in Autosport about it and would like a bit more feedback from drivers and/or total novices. I'd like anecdotes about why you haven't made it yet, budget troubles, once on track have you been surprised how little competition there is, what your goal is, what you'd do to get to F1, etc. etc.

We're about to launch our scholarship and I want to start people talking!

To make a long story short, the winner of the scholarship will go from zero to F3000 without stopping and a $1,000,000 budget to get him/her a test in an F1 and a management team working to get them a full-time drive in F1. The ONLY thing that will stop their progress is if they can't deliver the goods.

I feel this scholarship is very important for motorsport. Despite all the money and successful businesses in the industry, nobody is helping people at the absolute grass-roots level.

I'm also running a sponsorship scheme on which I've already had some feedback from you. This will be up and running soon as a secondary service to the scholarship scheme. Thanks for your help on that too. Apologies to anyone I didn't get back to as I lost some e-mails to a virus.

I really look forward to your comments.

dfleming@motorsportpr.com

Regards.

David
Old 19 Apr 2002, 09:49 (Ref:264648)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
David's post also appears in the F1 forum.
Old 19 Apr 2002, 10:13 (Ref:264668)   #3
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That sounds to good to be true!

what you'd do to get to F1 - well thats easy I'd sell my mother, father, brother and anyone elses for that matter.

All donations greatly recieved
Old 19 Apr 2002, 14:37 (Ref:264853)   #4
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and you know what they say about things that sound too good to be true!!!
Old 19 Apr 2002, 15:50 (Ref:264902)   #5
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
yeah belive it and your gonna get
Old 19 Apr 2002, 15:59 (Ref:264909)   #6
D Fleming
Rookie

Sorry guys but this IS true. Watch this space.

In fact Benny Boy I don't know much about you but I'm going to give you the chance to volunteer for our launch photo shoot which will be in Kent. We're shooting a sample selection process for use in a number of features over the next month. I need a short CV and a photo of volunteers. All ages and sexes welcome. Be prepared to drive a kart and do a fitness test, psychometric test and be interviewed by a panel of judges. It won't cost you anything and it will give you an edge over other competitors once the competition begins.
Old 19 Apr 2002, 16:04 (Ref:264912)   #7
Spinner
Racer

Spinner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you have a site with more details, dates or venue?
You have got me all excited about it now!
Old 19 Apr 2002, 16:11 (Ref:264918)   #8
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
yeah I'd be a fool to say no to something like that especially as its free keep me posted
Old 19 Apr 2002, 16:19 (Ref:264928)   #9
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
if it's www.motorsportpr.com then it's under construction at the moment.
Old 19 Apr 2002, 16:38 (Ref:264947)   #10
D Fleming
Rookie

Hi Francesca, motorsportpr.com is my e-mail account. That wouldn't be a very good name for a scholarship series anyway! :-) I'll let you all know the moment it's launched.

BTW Francesca. Part of my business is 3D graphics. I have a 3D FRenault built (as part of the scholarship website) I thought it might help your FR site a bit - done up in your choice of livery. Would you be interested in that?

Regards.

David
Old 19 Apr 2002, 17:19 (Ref:264979)   #11
D Fleming
Rookie

To Francesca:

I meant to say that the 3D FR is for free if you want it.

David
Old 19 Apr 2002, 21:29 (Ref:265189)   #12
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Well PM me with more details.

No offence David but I should just point out to members that this is not connected with ten-tenths or any affiliate sites here.

Will look forward to seeing more details of the scholarship on your site. What's the scheme you're already running David?
Old 19 Apr 2002, 21:31 (Ref:265194)   #13
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
David, I'm sure that as a reputable businessman you understand that it's highly irresponsible to encourage people on the internet to send you their personal details with no evidence of your credentials.

I would suggest that if you can at least give us a contact in Autosport who can verify your details that would be very helpful.