Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Jan 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1192256)   #1
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSA British Rallycross GP 2005

So its been a little quiet here recently and this one seemed to sneak in without anyone noticing.

Quote from the Rallycross Superseries Site

"Rallycross Promoters Limited regret to announce that the British Rallycross Grand Prix will not be run at Croft Circuit in 2005 which was to be the flagship event for the new Rallycross Super Series.

The amount of money, being asked for the rights to the ‘Grand Prix’ title make it prohibitive to run, especially with a three year deal being required.

A end of season Rallycross event, of a similar stature will still be run on the same weekend of November 5th & 6th, which will attract all of the leading European Rallycross Drivers. Further details will be announced over the coming weeks"

so this goes against all the comments on the 10th of November where I was assured on this very forum that the MSA Gp would be at Croft and be run by the Rallycross superseries Promoters.

So where now, if you ask me it gives NEW organisation involved in the promotion of the 2005 MSA Championship a high profile event to work on. Or Mr Palmer maybe!

"2005 MSA Rally X Gp at Brands Hatch"

sounds Good to me!

Old 3 Jan 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1192380)   #2
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds better than good!!
Old 3 Jan 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1192385)   #3
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Careful bigted you will get accused of b****ing. I spotted it a few days ago but I Thought I'd let sleeping dogs lie
Old 3 Jan 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1192419)   #4
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another "lets have a dig at the RSS" thread by BRDA supporters which is precisely why I have no interest in supporting either series until the MSA gets rallycross at a unified level with a regulations package supported by all competitors.

The title "grand prix" is an owned product. To use the title, you have to pay for it. To pay for it you need to charge your customers. To get a three year deal, you have to charge three times as much as for a single year. Motorsport at club level doesn't work like that. RSS hasn't started yet so justifiably can't ask for that sort of money (neither I think will BRDA if they want to put on a "grand prix"), so RSS will do something just the same as they would have done, but with a different title ("European Rallycross Masters" "European Rallycross Super Weekend" "European Rallycross Super Series", etc etc etc).

Quit playing silly pillocks over RSS v BRDA.

Rant over
Al
Old 4 Jan 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1192873)   #5
bigted
Veteran

No politics, just stating a fact.

if it were politics i wouldnt have looked at fitting the RSS dates in to my calendar, in fact some of them are on my calendar to attend and marshal at.

Last edited by bigted; 4 Jan 2005 at 14:31.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1192918)   #6
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
try super prix?
Old 4 Jan 2005, 16:53 (Ref:1192987)   #7
golfvanman
Racer

golfvanman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hope you will be at the superseries events bigted passing on your expertese. needs a big man to keep all these childish drivers in line !!!!
Old 4 Jan 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1193150)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
champions challenge :P

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 4 Jan 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1193285)   #9
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I see the season of good will is over. This is a discussion forum. Which means discussion. The person who started the thread was putting up at fact. Opinons are allowed. This Forum is not just of the people who want RSS, both or BRDA. Nobody wins this way

Last edited by Queen; 5 Jan 2005 at 08:05.
Old 6 Jan 2005, 06:35 (Ref:1194269)   #10
bigted
Veteran

Any way back to the point, what chance Brands getting the GP, do you really think it would tempt the Euro big boys back?
Old 6 Jan 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1194321)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure that there will be a 'GP', if the Europeans are over for rounds of the SS then are they going to come over for the GP too? Also if the rights to the title 'grand prix' were a problem for the SS surely the BRDA will have the same problem?

For what it's worth I'd like to see either the GP or a round of the SS at Brands (mainly because I'd get to go ) I guess the SS doesn't go to Brands because of the cost of the circuit hire - which would be a problem for whoever ran the GP.....
Old 6 Jan 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1194418)   #12
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion I expect it`s unlikely that we`ll ever get a RallyX GP like those Brands used to hold in the 80s and 90s. Also, in my opinion, Brands is the only circuit in the country that has the history and prestige that would make the Europeans flock back in their droves.....

However, as has already been mentioned earlier in the thread, there`s a certain person who used to run in the old GPs in an RS200 who, in my opinion again!, can never be underestimated.......
Old 6 Jan 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1194683)   #13
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Palmer has the facilities he has the money & he has the contacts if anybody can he can.
What happens to the GP trophy now if I remember correctly the winner did'nt get to keep the trophy it stayed at Brands & the winner got a replica has that always been the case or have I been dreaming again.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1195029)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Mr Palmer may have the facilities, money and contacts to run it but does he want it? Wasn't he complaining about the rallycrossers messing up his grass? I guess in terms of gate receipts it'd be worthwhile though - the crowd for a Brands round is usually pretty healthy isn't it?
Old 7 Jan 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1195350)   #15
Neil Adams
Veteran

United Kingdom
Essex
Neil Adams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well im glad that rallycross may be returning to brands again this year, i went in 03 and 04 and was surprised not to see it on the 05 calendar
Old 7 Jan 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1195407)   #16
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The British Rallycross Grand Prix Trophy lives at the MSA
Old 7 Jan 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1195451)   #17
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All will be revealed end of January, GP title was lost basically down to cost, the MSA demanded a huge fee just for the title Rallycross Grand Prix and I mean huge. I doubt we will ever see a Rallycross GP ever again, but when it comes down to it,its only a title.