Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Oct 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1748838)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A few interesting tidbits from Motorsport News...

Quote:
Nelson Piquet Jr. has revealed that he is now being managed by Flavio Briatorie. His Renault contract is said to guarantee him three races in 2007.
Quote:
2005 Indianapolis 500 winner and IRL Champion Dan Wheldon is having talks with Spyker about a 2007 Formula One drive... A spokesperson for the Spyker team said that they were in talks with a number of drivers.
Quote:
Toro Rosso boss Gerhard Berger is said to be considering replacing Scott Speed with Robert Doornboss, to raise funds.
Not sure how reliable this paper is, but a few interesting rumors nonetheless.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1748877)   #2
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
SkaifeHRT has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The most interesting one is the first one. If Piquet is to do some races next year, whose seat would he take? I assume Heikki's as Fisi has a contract?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:01 (Ref:1748883)   #3
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Piquet Jr in F1 next year...interesting
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1748909)   #4
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi is under fire...
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1748911)   #5
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he might get a ride at the team that gets Renault engines next season for three races.............
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:27 (Ref:1748920)   #6
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heikki will be making way I'll bet.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 25 Oct 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1748931)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Depends which of Kovalainen and Fisichella comes out on top, and on whether Renault are still fighting for anything by the end of the season - if not, they might be prepared to risk 2 rookies. Otherwise, the 3 races being with another team seems more likely.

How much funding does Doornbos have, and won't the presence of Spyker make it harder for him to attract sponsors?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1749057)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
garunteed 3 races in a Renault...

is this indicative of Renault not interested in putting forward a solid title defence? no proven No 1 (not a knock on Fisi) and a rookie teammate who will not race a full season even if he does well enough to deserve it.

without knowing more about Jr's contract, it seems weird.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1749080)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe Nelson will replace Fisi for one race and Heikki for another, then the third race he'll replace whoever is worse in the championship?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 15:28 (Ref:1749090)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It doesnt sound like Flav to gaurentee Nelson 3 races..... it would send the wrong message to the staff and drivers that they are not looking challenge for the 2007 chmpionships....
I'll believe it when i see it....
Old 25 Oct 2006, 16:02 (Ref:1749105)   #11
Alienman_69
Rookie

Portugal
PoRtUgAl
Alienman_69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only means Fisi will have to upper his game a awful lot if he doesnt want to go from race driver to 3rd driver and no car to drive by the end of the 2007 season. Looking at things now, considering I expect Fisi to be beatten by Kovalainen quite easly, considering the new friday rules, I would be surprised if Piquet only made 3 races in 2007 for Renault. But we will have to wait and see, time will tell.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1749146)   #12
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't believe what you read concerning Piquet Jr. Sounds like someone trying to stir the pot.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 19:09 (Ref:1749287)   #13
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MN story doesn't say that Piquet will be driving in F1 next year, it just says he'll be doing three races. It doesn't mention what category they'll be in. Given that it is probable that Ricardo Zonta will be undertaking the bulk of the testing milage, it may be in Renault's interests to let Piquet occasionally race elsewhere to keep him 'match fit'. For instance, Piquet often competes in the Mil Milhas race in Brazil.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1749312)   #14
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
IMHO Fisi might not see out the 2007 season..
Old 25 Oct 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1749314)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's my bet. Fisi and Rubens are the ones in danger for 2007.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 19:47 (Ref:1749315)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes sir I am right with you...
Old 25 Oct 2006, 19:50 (Ref:1749321)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thankyou madame.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 19:55 (Ref:1749326)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Fisi is not going to make it is he? The writing is on the wall..
Old 25 Oct 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1749340)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Shall we take bets as to how far he goes?

No, it was clear that Renault only resigned him for continuity purposes. Nobody at the team believes he can lead a championship charge. Kovaleinen will be the main focus.
Old 25 Oct 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1749343)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Four Grand prix...That's all I give him, and he if he does not raise his game substantially he will gone..
Old 25 Oct 2006, 20:22 (Ref:1749355)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
For instance, Piquet often competes in the Mil Milhas race in Brazil.
But it doesn't coincide with the F1 calendar and he first raced that race last year...
Old 25 Oct 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1749382)   #22
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
But it doesn't coincide with the F1 calendar and he first raced that race last year...
True, but Renault could put a clause in Piquet's contract stating that he can't race anything other than a Renault F1 car. The point I was trying to make was that the story (paragraph to be more acurate) in MN stated that Piquet could do three races next year, not three F1 races/three Grands Prix. This could mean that if Piquet wishes he can do three races in some other category. In addition, if they were lining Piquet up to take over from Fisichella mid way through the season (which is a possibility), why would they specify three races?
Old 25 Oct 2006, 20:54 (Ref:1749388)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, I got it, you're right fella.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 01:32 (Ref:1749515)   #24
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I find it interesting that STR are considering dropping Scott Speed... someone doesn't have their head screwed on! Liuzzi can hardly keep his car from spinning at least once a race - and Speed has been outperforming him in the 2nd half of the year.. Hmm. Doornbos is no star as it is..

This could mean Piquet driving in A1GP? 3 races?
Old 26 Oct 2006, 06:41 (Ref:1749613)   #25
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz
I wouldn't believe what you read concerning Piquet Jr. Sounds like someone trying to stir the pot.
Sounds like we're going back to thae days of Piquet snr...