Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Feb 2003, 14:07 (Ref:500598)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nathan Pretty

Nathan Pretty seems to me to be a fairly good driver and thought highly of as a driver by Holden so how come he only gets a drive twice a year. Surely there must be something out there for him, especially in Konica.
Old 8 Feb 2003, 15:09 (Ref:500631)   #2
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is he getting a run with Johnny Faulkner in Konica?
Old 8 Feb 2003, 21:56 (Ref:500902)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would hope this would be the case Moffman, but it seems every tyrekicker in the motorsport world has been talking to JFR about a ride.

The only problem with being a tyrekicker is usually you dont have the $$ available when they are required, or indeed in the appropriate quantity, if at all.....

It would make sense for Pretty to participate in a full season to make sure the rust is certainly scraped off, but a step down it would be from a pukka HRT car to a privateer JFR unit
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 8 Feb 2003, 23:35 (Ref:501009)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Nathan is a top bloke , I see him quite often around town and he stops and has a chat , he used to race karts at my local club and he is just awesome to watch in a kart, his V8 career hasnt really got off the ground though , he raced his own commodore a few years back finishing an excellent 7th outright in a race at winton which at the time was the highest place ever for a privateer, he has since sold the car and I believe also sold all or most of his other equipment being his auscars that him and his sister Nicole used to drive at the thunderdome.

he used to have a website which I was going to post here but sadly it looks like its been taken offline.

but he is a fantastic driver and a great bloke to boot and always was willing to lend a hand or give advice to us young karters when he came for a visit , I remember being passed by him in practise once I thought I was flogging along and then he just zoomed by me and off into the distance , I stayed with him for a millisecond.

he deserves a shot in the big league and a full time shot as well and hopefully his time will come , he is a holden contracted driver so maybe they will be able to slot him in somewhere ???

Go Get em Nath
Old 9 Feb 2003, 03:14 (Ref:501146)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did a great job in the Monaro at Bathurst, and has proved (more or less) that you can get into a top drive by coming from an area other the single seaters.

Last edited by racer69; 9 Feb 2003 at 03:17.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 05:20 (Ref:501183)   #6
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even as a Predominently Ford Fan, I have often Wondered why Nathan has only been used as a Enduro Driver ( and a damn good one at that) and not in a full time seat at TWR or one of the other holden teams. If I was running one of those teams Id choose him over some of the other "drivers" out there.
Maybe hes sleeping with the wrong people.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 05:36 (Ref:501189)   #7
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Considering his links to GRM through the Nations Cup Monaro and Holden, I would have thought he would have ended up alongside Tander in the other Valvoline car. It would be good to see him get a regular gig, even if it is in the Young Guns Konica team.
Old 9 Feb 2003, 07:29 (Ref:501218)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Tool man , interesting comment about Nathan there

Believe me Ive seen his girlfriend , there is no way no none hes sleeping with the wrong person
Old 9 Feb 2003, 10:49 (Ref:501283)   #9
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by marcus
Tool man , interesting comment about Nathan there

Believe me Ive seen his girlfriend , there is no way no none hes sleeping with the wrong person
Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 10 Feb 2003, 06:32 (Ref:502048)   #10
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I would hope this would be the case Moffman, but it seems every tyrekicker in the motorsport world has been talking to JFR about a ride.

The only problem with being a tyrekicker is usually you dont have the $$ available when they are required, or indeed in the appropriate quantity, if at all.....

It would make sense for Pretty to participate in a full season to make sure the rust is certainly scraped off, but a step down it would be from a pukka HRT car to a privateer JFR unit
Shock Horror you mean that JFR/HYL program is another buy a ride team.