Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Mar 2001, 01:10 (Ref:69302)   #1
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well then no doubt like me you are all hurrying into the loft to dig out the tenting equipment only to find your saucepan has baked beans stuck to it and and you only have 3 of the 4 poles for the tent.

I dont know about you but im am quite excited about this years BTCC because it will be more friendly with drivers eg Phil Bennett who is actually bothered to take time out and speak to you, not to mention the chance for lesser teams and drivers to compete in the limelight

At last its a chance for cheap racing aswell because as far as i can see so far ticket prices are about the same as last year and Mr Brown has not inflated Motorsport ticket prices in his budget.

So i have mapped out my events and look forward to them with anticipation. Me and the lads 3 other petrol heads have set up THE EGGY BENNETTS which is a tribute gang to yes you guested it Phil Bennett and will proudly display our banner around the circuits and campsites

Which brings me on to my next topic as a relative newcomer to Ten Tenths how many of you camp for the weekend and if any of you do just thought it may be nice chance throughout the season for ten tenths readers/members to put faces to www.@../// http etc etc and share a beer a curry a bbq etc etc

well see what you all think and post - maybe we good start up somekind of RS owners club style meet for BTCC and our ten tenths forum
Old 8 Mar 2001, 08:40 (Ref:69341)   #2
janetcampbell
Rookie

janetcampbell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get Together at Race Days!

I think this is an "EGG-CELLENT"!!! idea - why don't we ask the lovely Mr Bennett if he could get us t-shirts or something and we could provide numerous hours of support for him and his team around the country at the race days!!
Even if they were only available to "us club members" and we all wore the same then we would know each other in an instant at any race day???Good idea eh????

What d'you think Mr Bennett????

We could put the money for t-shirts to good use??? Like Banners or Air Horns (Ten-tenths style that is)!!!!!!
Old 8 Mar 2001, 09:17 (Ref:69344)   #3
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'll usually find the whole of 10-10ths, if not camping overnight, camped at a choice viewing point with BBQ, Hobnobs, Jelly Babies, airhorns, 10-10ths caps and an assortment of team gear, T-shirts and flags supporting a range of drivers. If you want to join us and bring your own banner, that's great and you're most welcome Since Phil Bennett is one of "our" drivers now, he's assured of loud cheers and airhorns every time he passes. Ditto any other 10-10ths talent.

I may find myself staying overnight at BTCC meetings ... just as soon as I've reassembled the camper van!
Old 8 Mar 2001, 20:34 (Ref:69452)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Well I spoke to Anthony Reid at the motor show last year, and he seemed like a decent enough bloke, but when i asked him about what he was doing next season hewas very coy about what he said. But he did say it'll be either BTCC or DTM, i guess he chose right.
Old 9 Mar 2001, 00:44 (Ref:69537)   #5
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
already beaten you to it

already beaten ya to it i went down to a t-shirt printing shop in town and have enquired about t-shirt printing all i know so far is that we are going to have 'THE EGGY BENNETTS' on the back of the shirts and me and the lads will come up with some strange logo for the front, as for the banner well that is already well into production and Mr Bennett will definatley have a shock when he sees it, nothing rood i might add just very bold and large, we have also comandeered some lovely wigs for the occasion

But going back to the camping thing i really do hope we can get a few people together it would be great to share some beer over an mass conversation / party about motoracing and even a traditional campsite footie match like you do

As i am fairly new to ten tenths who exactly are the ten tenths gang?

contact me on simon@spooner33.fsnet.co.uk if you would rather contact me personally it is great to know some motor racing enthuasiasts like me you dont get many in my native Salisbury
Old 10 Mar 2001, 11:55 (Ref:69823)   #6
janetcampbell
Rookie

Get togethers

What we should do is to post a note of the members going to each race day a few days in advance and where the meet up is at the track. Because we live in Glasgow there may not be so many races we can come down to but certainly Knockhill will be on our calendar (already marked!) and as it is in July this year for us it will be brilliant weather (brilliant in Scotland means possibly 4 seasons in one day!!!)..seriously though I love the idea of all the banners and stuff and if anyone can advise if we can send just now for the "Eggs" t-shirts etc. let me know and I will send for stuff soon.

Perhaps we should try and get some boiled eggs for breakfast as well -keep up the theme - heh! heh! heh!
Old 10 Mar 2001, 12:02 (Ref:69825)   #7
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
gonna order the t-shirts soon

i am gonna order the Shirts soon, am odereing 4 for me and the three lads so if anyone else wants one e-mail me on simon@spooner33.fsnet.co.uk and i will find out how much they will cost
Old 10 Mar 2001, 12:23 (Ref:69831)   #8
fudge
Rookie

fudge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good idea Janet Campbell please let us know when & where eveyone will be at each meeting. It will be good to put faces to all the forum members out there. Spoonerboro get those T Shirts sorted and worn, I'm sure Phil will be delighted to hear about the amount of support he has out there.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 12:53 (Ref:69837)   #9
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
Brands Hatch campsite is my first venue april 15/16th will be there armed with loud stereo loads of beer and my massive eggy bennetts banner so look out for it oh and if you like footie you can join us playing footie
Old 10 Mar 2001, 13:22 (Ref:69843)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
If you want to organise a get-together then have a look in the Trackside forum. We are normally organising some sort of informal gathering for most major meetings (TOCA, PowerTour, ALMS, F1, LeMans etc) as well as the occational test session. If there isn't a thread already then just post an invite there.

We're already putting together plans for Mondello and Knockhill. Snetterton hasn't been mentioned yet but that will be another weekend camping trip and Craig might even run the second annual 10-tenths 'conference' (30 or 40 attendees last year). Even if we are not camping there's normally several of us who meet up on race day.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 17:12 (Ref:69870)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Get Togethers
Yes, yes, yes... visit the Trackside forum on this very site - we'll likely be at every round of the BTCC and as many Powertours and other assorted series as we can make (foot and mouth permitting...)

T Shirts
Would you not look better in 10 Tenths T shirts, polo shirts, caps or fleeces ? We are currently organising some which will be with us in the next 2-3 weeks all being well. These are going to be real popular as we have located a cheaper supplier and the quality is good. Drop me a line if you're interested - and you can be part of *the* crowd next time you're trackside!
Old 10 Mar 2001, 17:14 (Ref:69871)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Oh, and you might also like to check out Lorna's brand new 10 Tenths photo gallery if you're interested in seeing who's who...
Old 10 Mar 2001, 20:57 (Ref:69910)   #13
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just been to the gallery - how long has that been there!!!
Seen a couple of my pictures and one of me - ooohhh noooooo!
Old 11 Mar 2001, 22:33 (Ref:70245)   #14
janetcampbell
Rookie

Ten-tenths Gear

Yep Craig - let me know when you get definate prices etc for caps fleeces etc....will be interested.

Also - photo gallery fantastic = you look a right friendly bunch!!!!

I have got one prized possession - YEP! you've guessed it - a piccie of ALAN!!!!! - May post it so you can all drool!!!!

p.s I am going through a sad phase of my life!!!!
Old 11 Mar 2001, 22:37 (Ref:70247)   #15
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
why

why are you going through a sad phase of your life janet? btcc season is just about to start dont get sad you should be excited right now!!
Old 11 Mar 2001, 22:42 (Ref:70248)   #16
janetcampbell
Rookie

Sad Phase

Spoonerboro - I was only joking! I mean "Sad" because I am always going on about Alan Morrison - which reminds me - anyone know what he's upto this year???

HA HA HA!!!!!

Seriously - I am really excited as this is my first full year from start to finish of the season following BTCC and I really enjoy it from start to finish - it will be really good as my partner (Alan) - I know, I know it's confusing - and I go on our own to the meetings so it will be nice to meet up with others like minded....I actually managed to go to the Cart Fedex Championships last year for 2 days in Mid Ohio - FANTASTIC...and...to top it all...there were BTCC video's for sale!!!!!!!
Old 11 Mar 2001, 23:13 (Ref:70253)   #17
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow i didnt know people camped overnight i usually just go to the race day mind u i only go to oulton cos its near
Old 11 Mar 2001, 23:29 (Ref:70261)   #18
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
what is snetterton like for camping never been there but plan to do the night race this year!!
Old 11 Mar 2001, 23:37 (Ref:70265)   #19
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Depends on the circuit. Donington, Silverstone, Thruxton and Brands are all close enough for me to drive home after qualifying and back the next morning. After all I've got a website to keep updated.

Camping at Snetterton is an absolute must. The first year I tried driving home after the race and didn't get back 'til 3am, never again. Last year we got there on Friday evening to watch the night-time test session and stayed until Sun morning.

Now, if I could just get my hands on a mobile internet solution....
Old 11 Mar 2001, 23:39 (Ref:70267)   #20
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
anyone got a generator, a laptop, and a mobile they can lend redshoes!!
Old 12 Mar 2001, 17:13 (Ref:70480)   #21
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you and Alna an item the Janet?
Old 12 Mar 2001, 19:47 (Ref:70543)   #22
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SPOONERBORO
anyone got a generator, a laptop, and a mobile they can lend redshoes!!
That reminds me. Has anybody ever seen the way professional photogarphers that take piccys for daily newspapers get them back to base?
1. Take pictures using digital cameras
2. Download pictures to laptop
3. Connect mobile to laptop
4. E-Mail them back to base
That really amazed me to see how it is done.

PS - Lets start a Raise Cash for Redshoes campaign, so he can get pictures on here in an instant.
Old 12 Mar 2001, 20:06 (Ref:70552)   #23
redshoes
Veteran

I was thinking more about updating qualifying positions, race results and championship tables than posting pictures. Then again if someone wants to donate £5-10,000 for a pro quality digital camera and laptop I'd be more than happy to oblige.

I have just spent a large bundle on a new scanner so should be able to get piccies posted a bit quicker that previous years.
Old 13 Mar 2001, 15:55 (Ref:70798)   #24
Sodemo2
Racer

Sodemo2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't you just apply for a grant off your local council, my mate applied for a grant as he was going to UNI and they granted him £1000 for a laptop, and he didn't have to pay a penny.
Old 13 Mar 2001, 18:16 (Ref:70840)   #25
redshoes
Veteran

I'm a bit to old for Uni grants