Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 9 Apr 2006, 12:23 (Ref:1574524)   #1
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mo Nunn

Hi Guys, just casting my mind back to the early 1960s. I was racing mini's and decided to build a Ford Anglia for the following season. So I knew a guy called Allan Rollinson, who was racing at the time, and Alan directed me to his cousin Morris Nunn. Morris lived at a place just outside Walsall in the West Midlands. I arrived at his house and his wife told me to go round to the garage at the side of the house. I was amazed. this was the first time that I had seen a domestic garage with a painted floor, cladded walls, and surgical lighting above the main work area! Morris gave me stacks of advice, and was really helpful. We became friends. Then we lost touch and I heard that following the Ensign years he had gone to America. I know that he had a race team over there, but that is all the info I have. So...can anyone bring me up to date about Morris? where he is, what he's doing? If anyone has a contact number or e-mail for him then that would be great. Thanks Gerry SWISH Taylor.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1574534)   #2
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MoNunn.com is a good place to start. Here especially.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1574538)   #3
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like everything was auctioned off last September. Has Mo finally retired?
Old 17 Apr 2006, 12:31 (Ref:1585788)   #4
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Mo ran his own team after working with Ganassi, and in particular he forged a bond with Alex Zanardi over there helping him to his championships. When Mo set-up his own outfit, Zanardi came in - didn't do too well, looked like he was getting back on top at Lausitz and the rest they say, is history.

Erm, i'm not sure what Mo is doing now, maybe one of the CART/IRL fans will be able to answer that for you
Old 17 Apr 2006, 17:09 (Ref:1586906)   #5
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mo Nunn

Allan, Martin Big Thank You's. But does out there anyone know where he is now? Gerry.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1587554)   #6
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If all else fails Gerry, you could contact Chip Gannassi racing via e-mail. They worked with him for a godo long while, maybe they could lead you in the right direction?

http://www.chipganassiracing.com/
Old 18 Apr 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1587740)   #7
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Morris Nunn found..THANKS

Hi everyone. I had a nice e-mail from Kathryn Nunn today. Morris did in fact sell all the equipment and is happy playing golf in Florida. He says he may act as a consultant at the Indy 500 this year, meanwhile he's enjoying retirement. Thank you Ten-Tenthers for putting me in touch with a dear old friend. Gerry.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1587800)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done everyone for helping. I'm glad Mo is enjoying his retirement, he's earnt it after a pretty glorious career.