Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Jul 2004, 05:36 (Ref:1039420)   #1
clack
Rookie

clack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heres a beauty

Industry circles seem to be buzzing with the suggestion that Team Dynamik is not "up" for sale, but has already been sold. I wonder if there is truth in that.........
Old 18 Jul 2004, 07:31 (Ref:1039442)   #2
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any hints as to the supposed buyer?
Old 18 Jul 2004, 09:19 (Ref:1039483)   #3
Dirk
Veteran

Dirk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmmmmm.....
Old 18 Jul 2004, 10:48 (Ref:1039517)   #4
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting news.
The question always was for how long could Kieron Wills continue to sponsor himself?
The answer is...? Simon has not been seen on here in ages.
Old 18 Jul 2004, 10:50 (Ref:1039520)   #5
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Secondary thought: Would this not be the means for the Weel/Crennan/Walkinshaw syndicate to get their team should the proposal to bring a Ford franchise pairing back into the Holden fray have failed?
Old 18 Jul 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1039601)   #6
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will see if I can find out tomorrow, or today if you are in the eastern states
Old 19 Jul 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1040193)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you explored the options logically, what better way to thumb ones nose at the factory team than purchase yet another facility with car building, and more importantly, Aurora engine preparation facilities.....

.... with the benefit of being able to test in both SA (at Mallala.... YAY! ) and at Winton.... with two separate teams....

With the architect of the 8 car megateam allegedly involved, anything, it seems, is entirely possible
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jul 2004, 11:04 (Ref:1040226)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i have been continually told by people on forums, that there will be no eight car mega team, but i hold to what i believe, except that 8 may not be big enough
Old 19 Jul 2004, 11:12 (Ref:1040235)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There already is a 7 car megateam.... HRT (2), PWR (2), KRT (2), Tasman (1) plus 2 more for HYL if you want to include Konica....

The plan is suggested to include a breakaway of PWR from the original "evil empah" and generate their very own...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jul 2004, 12:03 (Ref:1040284)   #10
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was under the impression that PWR were getting further and further away from their association with HRT, and other than the "Runout stock" engines, Tasman are not known to the factory.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 12:20 (Ref:1040312)   #11
Woody75
Racer

Woody75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I was definitely under the impression PWR was trying to distant themselves from HRT.

Pity if Dynamik thing goes the way people say, SA only team gone after only two years
Old 19 Jul 2004, 14:39 (Ref:1040424)   #12
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Heres a beauty

Quote:
Originally posted by clack
Industry circles seem to be buzzing with the suggestion that Team Dynamik is not "up" for sale, but has already been sold. I wonder if there is truth in that.........
Confirmation today that the team has not been sold, but one of the cars was sold over the weekend.
They also had the use of another Franchise to test N Mc for the enduros but will revert to the current vehicles for the remainder of 2004.
Possibly another addition for 2005.
Old 19 Jul 2004, 22:32 (Ref:1040814)   #13
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmm, 1 post for the guy who said about it on this forum
and good old slugger on V8C
sounds convincing
Old 21 Jul 2004, 09:23 (Ref:1041950)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The car sold is the #45 unit, currently in use by Mr Brede, and soon to head for an SA-based Konica team... whose current car is for sale in AA...

Interesting noise around this team as well is that Mr W.Davison is taking the controls of the #14 VY this weekend, and indeed usurping Mr McFadyen's claim to the 4th slot at Sandown/Bathurst...

Mr McFadyen is now free to concentrate on winning the CAMS gold star presumably.....

While it is likely that the other member of Dynamik, Mr Stokell, could take the controls of #14 at Oran Park....

Mr Smith's ex-PMM VX/VY will compete in this slot the balance of the season.

Seems very very busy round Dynamik way these days huh
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jul 2004, 10:08 (Ref:1041989)   #15
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Thank you for filling in the spaces GTR , thought I might get into a bit of trouble adding more information
Old 21 Jul 2004, 10:14 (Ref:1041994)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
My pleasure.... it doesnt take a whisper long to become a hurricane
#CANCERSUCKS