Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 20 Dec 2002, 07:53 (Ref:454027)   #1
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi death threats...

Saw this article in Yahoo News:

'I'm afraid' - Rossi speaks out after threats.

Valentino Rossi has spoken out for the first time since the terrorist threats were made against him, telling an Italian newspaper of his frustration at the limits now placed upon him for his own safety - at a time when he should be relaxing after a long season's racing.
In a note attached to a parcel bomb sent to Iberian Airlines, Rossi was warned to severe all links with Spanish Petroleum company Repsol, his Honda team's sponsor, or 'face the consequences'.

"I'm afraid because there's nothing I can do," Rossi told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "They accuse me of having a contract with Repsol, but this isn't the case. My contract is exclusively with the team and I cannot choose its sponsors."

Nevertheless, as a result of the threat Rossi is under close supervision by the Italian Military police and has been advised not to appear in public and consider anything he says carefully. For someone as open and friendly as Rossi, such limits are hard to adjust to.

"This is the only time of the year when I can have a holiday after a hard year's racing, but instead of relaxing I have to be careful about where I go and what I say," explained Valentino, who looks set to miss the FIM Awards this Saturday, where he had been due to officially collect his 2002 MotoGP crown.

"We're all very worried. The problem is the tension's rising instead of falling," said Valentino's mother. "We hope it will be resolved quickly so Valentino can have some peace - he needs it."

Rossi shouldnt be a target - this guy does a lot of stuff for charity and sticks up for the little guy. He campaigns for awareness of AIDS in africa among other things... Plus he is cool. I hope whoever these nutters are they crawl back under their rock quickly...

Old 20 Dec 2002, 10:45 (Ref:454100)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read this a few days ago and chatted with a couple of people, but I didn't want to post such a thing on here as we really don't need this - terrorists now targeting our favourite sports stars. Proves no-one is safe I guess.

To keep the whole affair light-hearted, I think it's a cruel joke by Mr. Biaggi.
Old 20 Dec 2002, 12:24 (Ref:454161)   #3
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it ETA doing this then?
Old 20 Dec 2002, 12:36 (Ref:454170)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I doubt that its anything to do with ETA (the Basque seperatist movement), it seems to be left-wing ecological obsessives unhappy about the use of Repsol oil for motosport.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 02:48 (Ref:454673)   #5
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, I don't think ETA was involved in the threats. Its another terrorist group that threatening Rossi to break off sponsorship.
Old 22 Dec 2002, 04:30 (Ref:455264)   #6
moto1
Racer

moto1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is absolutely terrible Rossi can't even live at home anymore
and as for living in London he must be asking himself if its safe
to live there! They probably know precisely where in Knightsbridge he lives
It really gets to me, they always target the wrong person they should be ashamed of themselves, obviously cowards the lot of em.
Old 23 Dec 2002, 12:02 (Ref:456069)   #7
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
can somebody tell Biaggi to stop playing with the telephone ..... is not a toy you know ...

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Dec 2002, 10:25 (Ref:456681)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, I think this is all Biaggi mind games!

(I know this is serious folks, but come on... you never know!!)
Old 24 Dec 2002, 13:00 (Ref:456758)   #9
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i was just Joking .. and if Rossi could hear me .... man ... stop listen .. it's bull**** ... it's like some country using the nuke .... the next minute they are extermineted .... no way the basques could do something like that ......

Ciao Marco
Old 29 Dec 2002, 01:36 (Ref:459305)   #10
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there is only one thing for rossi to do, me must move to australia!!

p.s. max put the phone down