Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1428189)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
liveries

what do you think the 06 liveries will be like?
is mclaren getting a new one?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1428233)   #2
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If Coca Cola will sponsor Williams, than we will surely have another red car on track.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 11:53 (Ref:1428263)   #3
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltafan
If Coca Cola will sponsor Williams, than we will surely have another red car on track.
Depends if they are actually going to use Coca Cola. Coke owns millions of companies. We could see a black/gold car if they choose to use Mars, or a yellow with bubbles car if they choose to use Fanta. Ehm what other countries do they own?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1428401)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Countries?
I assume you mean brands?
Here you go.

Just imagine the Williams cars in a black/orange Minute Maid livery!
Old 9 Oct 2005, 14:19 (Ref:1428409)   #5
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about Winnie The Pooh Junior Juice!
Old 9 Oct 2005, 14:23 (Ref:1428416)   #6
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Countries?
I assume you mean brands?
Here you go.

Just imagine the Williams cars in a black/orange Minute Maid livery!
sorry, was watching A1GP while typing that message...
Old 9 Oct 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1428418)   #7
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt McLaren will change livery as it's currently their corporate colours. Williams will probably start sanding off the BMW scheme before the Chinese podium is even finished.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1428598)   #8
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of people are chasing coke. Most of the cars will change quite significantly next year, it'll be very interesting, 4 teams changing hands.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1428617)   #9
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coke owns Mars Inc? Can't seem to find this.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1428627)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What about a Schweppes livery ?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1428700)   #11
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
I doubt McLaren will change livery as it's currently their corporate colours.
I suspect if Johnnie Walker comes on board, then I suspect it will look a little like this

then for Turkey and France, you could have this version

On a different topic, I suspect the BMW livery could be like the Nurburgring 24hrs car (and the 2006 WTCC launch car) - they seem to be standardising the livery
Old 9 Oct 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1428704)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The BMW livery is indeed the corporate red, white and blue I believe next season. Nice.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1428717)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
The BMW livery is indeed the corporate red, white and blue I believe next season. Nice.
Red ?

Isn´t it blak, white and blue ?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1428719)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nope.

It is predominately white, with a bit of blue and a flash of red.

At least I think so.......I might be wrong here!
Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1428721)   #15
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Red ?

Isn´t it blak, white and blue ?
http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cf...id/2050915.004

In the 80's and 90s, it was three colours (Red, Purple, Blue) from the M Power logo, but they simplified that a few years ago. Not sure thats going to work very well on a single seater though
Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1428725)   #16
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
With the tobacco sponsorships being reduced to practically nothing, new sponsors will surely have to be found, and obviously such sponsors would require their corporate colours as the car liveries.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1428726)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well you would expect so.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1428734)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Nope.

It is predominately white, with a bit of blue and a flash of red.

At least I think so.......I might be wrong here!
I guess you're right
Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1428741)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Does Schweppes own Coca-Cola or vice versa? I always get confused with that one.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1428753)   #20
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Bononi - oh yeah, I fogot the Formula BMW car.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1428756)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Does Schweppes own Coca-Cola or vice versa? I always get confused with that one.
Dutton, AFAIK Coca-Cola bought Schweppes in 1999. The first soft drink of the world ! What more Coke would want ? World domination ?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 19:53 (Ref:1428759)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
All trans-nationals would own the planet and everything on it if the opportunity arose.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1428765)   #23
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
will the BAR livery change ? & what difference will there between RBR 1 & RBR 2
Old 9 Oct 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1428778)   #24
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Dutton, AFAIK Coca-Cola bought Schweppes in 1999. The first soft drink of the world ! What more Coke would want ? World domination ?
AFAIK, the Schweppes brand is owned by Coca-Cola in over 100 countries, but in Australia, it's owned by Pepsi.

EDIT: Actually I think Cadbury Schweppes owns the Pepsi brand in Australia.

Nonetheless that would be a concern for Coca-Cola, and I doubt they'd want to make that brand over Coke anyhow.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1428791)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Ha
AFAIK, the Schweppes brand is owned by Coca-Cola in over 100 countries, but in Australia, it's owned by Pepsi.

EDIT: Actually I think Cadbury Schweppes owns the Pepsi brand in Australia.

Nonetheless that would be a concern for Coca-Cola, and I doubt they'd want to make that brand over Coke anyhow.

Actually, this is all very confusing