Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 16 Apr 2004, 11:08 (Ref:941393)   #1
Draven
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Draven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stock Hatch racing....... Any advice

Stock Hatch is finaly being introduced here in Ireland.

And because it's low cost (a relative term) i've got my sights on racing in it.

I know it's been running in england for a while now and that there are plenty of knowladgable people on this forum.

So any tips or pitfalls you have to warn me about please let me know.

My car budget is going to be about 1750 Euros (1170 Pounds).
this is the bottom end of the scale but I cant afford more because I have to arriange transport, race gear and entry fees. (as a matter of intrest any one know what the entry fee in england ,or anywhere else, here it's 150 Euro)

If there is anyone out there who has raced in this formula and thinks it's not worth it let me know.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 11:40 (Ref:941429)   #2
Revracing
Racer

Revracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have a look on the 750 motor club website, in the classified section there were a couple of stock hatch compatable cars for sale, they might just fit your budget

Steve McQueen
Old 16 Apr 2004, 12:43 (Ref:941505)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But make sure you leave enough budget for a spare shell!!
Old 16 Apr 2004, 15:07 (Ref:941671)   #4
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damage-tastic. 1100 quid might not cut it...
Old 16 Apr 2004, 16:15 (Ref:941757)   #5
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
But make sure you leave enough budget for a spare shell!!
Or 2 and make sure your main sponsor is a bodyshop.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 16:19 (Ref:941764)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And of course you buy your replacement harnesses, helmets and etc.. from Demon Tweeks.

Do I get my really big discount now Jason?

Actually we are talking about the 750mc version. I'm sure they are more considerate in Ireland.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 16:27 (Ref:941770)   #7
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Actually we are talking about the 750mc version. I'm sure they are more considerate in Ireland. [/B]
I'm not so sure, it will be in the final instructions that no drivers can race until 4 pints of the black stuff have downed !!
Old 16 Apr 2004, 16:52 (Ref:941794)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm.

Where do I sign up?
Old 16 Apr 2004, 17:51 (Ref:941862)   #9
btcc-lad
Rookie

btcc-lad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i got an appliction form for the stock hatch and its costs: £50 regrastion fee 750 moter club membership for 12 months £45 and a full seasons entry fee £1690 for plus i have a list of drivers who wish to give help and advice to new comers so if u want a number pm me thanx

Last edited by btcc-lad; 16 Apr 2004 at 17:52.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 18:12 (Ref:941898)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Er. I was only interested in the Guiness!
Old 16 Apr 2004, 19:16 (Ref:941993)   #11
Junior Senior
Racer

Junior Senior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 106 Rallye, XSI,or Saxo are the front running cars in the UK, but the grid is more than made up with 205's, XR2's,Nova GTE's etc, etc.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 21:12 (Ref:942116)   #12
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Make sure that your 106 Rallye has a flywheel that weighs the right amount though.... ;-)
Old 17 Apr 2004, 16:57 (Ref:942701)   #13
Junior Senior
Racer

Junior Senior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite............. or a good lawyer that says it did when it didn't.
Old 17 Apr 2004, 19:35 (Ref:942801)   #14
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saucer of milk for table 2....