Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > Predictions Competitions

Old 28 Feb 2011, 15:57 (Ref:2837991)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FRC 2011 Rules and Regulations

Another racing season is nearly upon us, and with the ILMC beginning its first full season we will have no shortage of action. This years Fantasy Racing Challenge (FRC) will include all 9 rounds of the ALMS, all 5 rounds of the LMS, and the 7 rounds of the ILMC for a total of 16 rounds (yes 9+5+7=16). This competition is meant to be friendly and open to everyone.

The rules this season will be very similar to past seasons with a Qualifying section and a Race section:

In the Qualifying section you simply choose which car you think will start the race from pole position in each class – each correct choice will net you 1 point. For example, at Sebring if you think Flying Lizards will be on the pole in GT and they end up with the fastest time in qualifying but have to change tires or have some other sort of infraction that forces them to start at the back of the grid they will not be the car the starts the race from pole position. So just to re-iterate, the correct answer in qualifying will be the car who starts the race from the front – which may or may not be the fastest qualifier.

In the Race section again all you have to do is choose which car you think will win the class. However, like in past years you have a choice as to how many cars to pick and the number of cars you choose has an impact on your potential points haul. For example, if you only pick one car you and you choose the winner you will get 4 points. If you choose two cars and one of them is the winner you will get 2 points, and if you choose three cars and one is the winner you will get 1 point. Just like the qualifying section, should there be any post race infractions for the race winner the FRC results will be adjusted accordingly.

Some other odds and ends: All classes that appear on the entry list will be part of the FRC. So the classes will be different from round to round depending on which championship (ALMS,LMS/ILMC) is being contested. Even if the class only has 1 or 2 cars we will be picking winners! I’ll remind everyone of the class schedule for each round once the individual round’s thread is opened. Guesses for both qualifying and the race will be due prior to the start of qualifying. If your guess comes in late for qualifying it won’t count, although as long as it is in before the race the race guesses will be valid. Guesses can also be sent to me via Private Message if you will be away from the forum for a while and the thread isn’t open for an upcoming round. All rounds will follow the standard points structure except Sebring, Le Mans, and Petit Le Mans - which will all count as double points.

FRC 2011 Schedule:
1) Mar 16-19: Sebring ALMS/ILMC Double Points
2) Apr 1-3: Castellet LMS
3) Apr 15-16: Long Beach ALMS
4) May 5-7: Spa LMS/ILMC
6) July 1-3: Imola LMS/ILMC
5) June 11-12: Le Mans ILMC Double Points
7) July 8-9: Lime Rock ALMS
8) July 22-24: Mosport ALMS
9) Aug 4-6: Mid-Ohio ALMS
10) Aug 18-20: Road America ALMS
11) Sep 2-3: Baltimore ALMS
12) Sep 9-11: Silverstone LMS/ILMC
13) Sep 15-17: Laguna Seca ALMS
14) Sep 23-25: Portugal LMS
15) Sep 28-Oct 1: Petit Le Mans ALMS/ILMC Double Points
16) Nov 12: China ILMC

Good luck to everyone, and if there are any questions about the rules please post them in this thread or send me a PM.
Old 6 Mar 2011, 00:58 (Ref:2840854)   #2
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've not been in the ten tenths forums much since I changed jobs at the end of last year (what happened to Horndawg, I thought this was his gig?) but I'm definitely looking forward to another good FRC this year! I just hope I can find the time and internet access to post all my picks!
Old 7 Mar 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2841708)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppelemine View Post
I've not been in the ten tenths forums much since I changed jobs at the end of last year (what happened to Horndawg, I thought this was his gig?) but I'm definitely looking forward to another good FRC this year! I just hope I can find the time and internet access to post all my picks!
I'll try to get the upcoming race threads started 7-14 days before the race so people can have time to access the thread and post entries around their busy schedules!
Old 11 Mar 2011, 09:26 (Ref:2843833)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's been an exchange of PM's between myself and joeb, but I'd like to publicly say a huge 'THANK YOU' to him for taking this on. Cheers Joe!

16 rounds () is a massive undertaking. Can we all please make sure we follow his rules/instructions to the letter and make life as easy for him as we possibly can. Needless to say, he has the full support of the moderating team and we are here to help as and when he needs us.

Good luck everyone (apart from The Badger )!
Old 11 Mar 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2844146)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Old 11 Mar 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2844156)   #6
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Good luck folks!

Hopefully I can improve on my 4th place from last year... and celebrate it with some
Old 19 Apr 2011, 15:50 (Ref:2866516)   #7
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now that I think of it, perhaps it would be wiser to award triple points for Le Mans - seeing as you can actually score way more points at Sebring and PLM (both have six classes, but Le Mans only four!)
Old 19 Apr 2011, 19:06 (Ref:2866598)   #8
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Could we get a notification in this thread before each round!? , since i have forgotten 2 races
Old 19 Apr 2011, 19:12 (Ref:2866606)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Could we get a notification in this thread before each round!? , since i have forgotten 2 races
No problem. I have also been posting reminders in the Race Discussion threads a few days before the deadline.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2867648)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Now that I think of it, perhaps it would be wiser to award triple points for Le Mans - seeing as you can actually score way more points at Sebring and PLM (both have six classes, but Le Mans only four!)
I'm open to changing LeMans from Double points to Triple points.

Anybody else care to comment?
Old 21 Apr 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2867679)   #11
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Well, it is also a much longer race, so it's harder to guess the winners.
Old 22 Apr 2011, 01:15 (Ref:2867910)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post

Why not break it into quarters , with points given at the start of each session . That could throw out some really wild scores .

Tripple points could really wreck the competition , real bad for those who picked badly .
Old 22 Apr 2011, 15:16 (Ref:2868174)   #13
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Then again, it is the biggest and most important race of the year. Would only make sense imo.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 03:15 (Ref:2869829)   #14
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We've always done triple points at Le Mans in the past, it's the biggie - it should be rewarded as such.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2869911)   #15
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Why not break it into quarters , with points given at the start of each session . That could throw out some really wild scores .

Tripple points could really wreck the competition , real bad for those who picked badly .
I agree The Badger, triple points has the potential to wreck the competition for those who do particularly badly (usually me!). But, the idea of 'bonus' points for interim predictions could be an interesting concept. If we were to do what Ger suggests, we could have 6/12/18 hour predictions carrying 1 point per correctly predicted class leader (following our pole predictions format, 1 pick per class, not multiple picks). Thoughts?
Old 26 Apr 2011, 13:59 (Ref:2870019)   #16
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Overall, I am not a fan of making changes to rules once they are set (I'm talking generally here, not specific to FRC). But that being said, I am open to doing something special for LeMans. The more I thought about it triple points seems a bit excessive. The interim guesses sounds like a possibility to me, but I would be interested to hear more peoples thoughts.

We have a bit of time to get this sorted out, but I would like to have the LeMans rules finalized before on track activities in June.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 14:08 (Ref:2870029)   #17
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
My potential take on it: 8-hour and 16-hour leader guesses worth 2 points each, plus double points for overall result. Correct guesses for all three would equate to triple points.
Old 26 Apr 2011, 14:39 (Ref:2870045)   #18
Deleted
Veteran

Here's how the points go atm:

Normal LMS/ALMS race, five classes (either GTE-AM or GTC as fifth): max 25p
Le Mans, four classes & double: max 40p
Sebring/PLM, six classes & double: max 60p

Triple for LM would mean, umm... 60 points!!!!! You guys finally see what I'm talking about?

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Apr 2011 at 15:01. Reason: fixed values
Old 26 Apr 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2870165)   #19
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Here's how the points go atm:

Normal LMS/ALMS race, five classes (either GTE-AM or GTC as fifth): max 25p
Le Mans, four classes & double: max 40p
Sebring/PLM, six classes & double: max 60p

Triple for LM would mean, umm... 60 points!!!!! You guys finally see what I'm talking about?
Nothing like some real numbers to put things in perspective! Thanks Chiana.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 01:40 (Ref:2870354)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Triple it for LM.

For the record, I suck at ALL fantasy comps. See current points.
Old 27 Apr 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2870871)   #21
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Triple it for LM.

For the record, I suck at ALL fantasy comps
Yep , thats what the girls said !!!
Old 27 Apr 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2870875)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I agree The Badger, triple points has the potential to wreck the competition for those who do particularly badly (usually me!). But, the idea of 'bonus' points for interim predictions could be an interesting concept. If we were to do what Ger suggests, we could have 6/12/18 hour predictions carrying 1 point per correctly predicted class leader (following our pole predictions format, 1 pick per class, not multiple picks). Thoughts?
Well , obviously I would agree Mr.B ..... It could still throw out some wild scores , but it could be very interesting too .
Old 10 May 2011, 02:07 (Ref:2877849)   #23
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am curious if anyone else would like to consider having separate classes for Le Mans only for LMP1 diesel and LMP1 petrol? I think it would add a unique challenge plus would make Le Mans worth a little bit more than PLM and Sebring.
Old 10 May 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2878119)   #24
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
I am curious if anyone else would like to consider having separate classes for Le Mans only for LMP1 diesel and LMP1 petrol? I think it would add a unique challenge plus would make Le Mans worth a little bit more than PLM and Sebring.
Unless we go triple, five classes still mean less points than what Sebring and Petit have to offer.
Old 10 May 2011, 17:03 (Ref:2878245)   #25
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I would like to get the Le Mans scoring scheme finalized before the 1st of June. I have seen 2 proposals of how to make the race as important as Sebring and Petit:

1) Triple points for the round. This would make the total points (60) available equal to that of Sebring and Petit.

2) Double points for the round, but have a single prediction for the 6/12/18 hour class leaders (worth a point each). This would make the total points for the round 52 - less than for Sebring and Petit. However, if you made the 6/12/18 hour predictions worth 2 points each the total points would be 64 for the round.

Personally, I feel like triple points would be easier because the format for entering woud be the same as all previous rounds. The 24 is the race with the most at stake for the teams involved, and triple points would make this race the highest stakes of the FRC.

I know some of you have already weighed in, but if you haven't and you have an opinion one way or the other, let me know.

thanks.