Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 9 Nov 2004, 10:35 (Ref:1148374)   #1
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there be an Autocourse Yearbook?

I didn't know where to post this, here or in Armchair, but I feel it's important enough to be here.
As you all know the Autocourse CART and now Champ Car yearbooks have been excellent this past decade. But this year I received Hazleton Publishing's catalogue for 2005 and there was no Champ Car yearbook. (There is an IndyCar one). A quick search in Amazon has shown nothing either...

I think it would be a shame.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 11:42 (Ref:1148419)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wel I certainly hope not, but don't forget last years yearbook that I orded about a year a go wasn't due untill december and wasn't published untill april I think.

So there is plenty of time yet.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 16:19 (Ref:1148654)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know. I pre-ordered it and it did take ages to arrive, but I seem to remember you can usually pre-order it when the season is over...
Old 9 Nov 2004, 16:40 (Ref:1148676)   #4
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I certainly hope it comes anyway.

The off season wouldn't be the same without it.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 18:56 (Ref:1148850)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Copied the thread to "Armchair" - Hopefully you'll find your answers!
Old 9 Nov 2004, 19:00 (Ref:1148854)   #6
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the Amazon site it has Autocourse 2004/05 (F1, not Champ Car) due out on the 30th December, which is later than normal, its normally out for Christmas.

Maybe that will have a larger champcar section (ok not as much as the annual on its own) and thats why its late.
Old 6 Feb 2005, 18:38 (Ref:1218896)   #7
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Just found ths on the Champ Car fanatics forum even though it's old news, it's new to me!.

From AR1 .....

Hazelton Publishing had decided that they were not going to publish the annual Autocourse yearbook for Champ Car for the 2004 season. That prompted Champ Car President Dick Eidswick and Kevin Kalkhoven to fly to London to meet with Hazelton. We now hear they have struck a deal and the 2004 yearbook should be out before the first race in Long Beach. Word is that Jeremy Shaw, who has done the brunt of the work on the yearbook in recent years, may not be available this late in the ballgame and Gordon Kirby has been asked to do it.

Sounds Like fantastic news to me.

BTW I know the thread was moved, but I think if I post the positive news here, it's more relevant, and it's great news!
Sorry if I course hassle.

Last edited by luke; 6 Feb 2005 at 18:41.
Old 6 Feb 2005, 22:18 (Ref:1219017)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Well that's wonderful. It's a shame Jeremy may not be available, I liked his work not only with the Yearbook but with the short-lived Champ Car magazine. But then again Gordon Kirby is as good as anyone!
Old 22 Mar 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1258661)   #9
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Well folks... It seems like the yearbook is finally available!

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...le.asp?ID=8764

"Orders ship in April"
Old 22 Mar 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1258747)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Great. I go out to buy it and then it says there's a problem with my credit card... I hope it comes up on Amazon, I usually bought it there and had no problems with the credit card!
Old 22 Mar 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1258972)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
Great. I go out to buy it and then it says there's a problem with my credit card... I hope it comes up on Amazon, I usually bought it there and had no problems with the credit card!
Great! Well they did say before Long beach, which was true. Looks like a great book, I've ordered now, it looks a great book.

Btw Jordi, I finaly have the whole Champ Car year book collection.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 10:44 (Ref:1259631)   #12
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
I also do.. that's why I wouldn't want to miss this one!
Old 23 Mar 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1260133)   #13
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news on this.