Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jul 2007, 12:46 (Ref:1962405)   #1
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Which track will suit the F2007?

Which of these 8 tracks will give Ferrari the advantage over Mclaren and why?

Europe
Hugary
Turkey
Italy
Belgium
Japan
China
Brazil
Old 13 Jul 2007, 12:47 (Ref:1962406)   #2
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I think all of them, bar maybe Hungary.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 15:36 (Ref:1962544)   #3
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they might struggle behind the McLaren's in places like Turkey, China and Brazil.

I think Ferrari will be pretty quick elsewhere though.

Who knows about Japan though, a completely new (rubbish) track.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1962549)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Tough to say. Looks like they both have cars that perform well everywhere. But I suppose the Ferrari long wheelbase argument comes into play for the twistier circuits. On the other hand, to me it seems as if the Ferrari's are easier on the tyres. They had quite a blistering pace at Silverstone regardless of whether on hards or softs.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 15:41 (Ref:1962550)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, it always seemed to me as though the McLarens were more at home on the twistier circuits i felt, perhaps why the Ferrari's were so much quicker at Silverstone?
Old 13 Jul 2007, 15:42 (Ref:1962552)   #6
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
Hmm, it always seemed to me as though the McLarens were more at home on the twistier circuits i felt, perhaps why the Ferrari's were so much quicker at Silverstone?

Yup, long wheelbase Ferrari=bad on twisty's.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 15:45 (Ref:1962554)   #7
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Thought so...

So come Monza, can we expect Ferrari to be blistering, what with their striaght line advantage too?
Old 13 Jul 2007, 15:49 (Ref:1962560)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I expect so... The tifosi will also be behind them, and they have those fancy new front wheel covers for the aero efficiency on the straights.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 16:15 (Ref:1962574)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I think a well timed per-Monza protest regarding movable aero would suit McLaren down to the ground.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 16:18 (Ref:1962580)   #10
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari appears to have the faster straight-line speed; that would put them at a clear advantage at Monza, Spa, and Fuji. The McLaren definitely has superior handling, which gives them the edge at the Nurburgring and Hungary. The other three circuits are a push. Istanbul is generally a fast circuit, so Ferrari has a good chance with the right setup. McLaren's handling through Shanghai's complexes should offset Ferrari's speed advantage down its two long straights. Interlagos is going to a huge compromise on setup, as it usually is. If either championship goes down to the wire, it will be intriguing to see who has the leg up in the garage.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 16:21 (Ref:1962585)   #11
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Absolutely, if it does go down to the wire, Brazil will be extremely fascinating. Although i fear strategy as always will play an even larger role in the outcome.
Old 13 Jul 2007, 17:02 (Ref:1962622)   #12
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
I think a well timed per-Monza protest regarding movable aero would suit McLaren down to the ground.

On which grounds?
Old 14 Jul 2007, 00:27 (Ref:1962828)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
On which grounds?
It was intended as a joke regarding the wheel covers...

Seeing as Monza was the protest of the Michelin tyre saga back in 2003 it would be quite appropriate!