8 26 24.53%
9 34 32.08%
10 29 27.36%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2245422)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the British GP

Rate it...
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:10 (Ref:2245431)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
10. Throughly enjoyable!
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2245432)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As a race? 6 or 7.

As motor racing entertainment? 10 for me. The rain always brings out the best and the worst in drivers at the same time!

And I didn't fall asleep.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2245434)   #4
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
8. Wet

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:22 (Ref:2245449)   #5
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A solid '8' from me. We're having a bounty of wet races this year
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:28 (Ref:2245461)   #6
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I gave it a 9 wich is a 9.5 really. (its even hard to say why it wasnt a 10, maybe a closer battle towards the sharp end of the grid and non-rain-generated action could be the only things this one lacked, brilliant race nevertheless)
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:44 (Ref:2245479)   #7
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 9, did not fall asleep or move from chair, until Comrade Allen's not so dolcit tones filled my air space, T time.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:46 (Ref:2245482)   #8
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9.5 rounded down to nine. We didn't get a defrocked priest running onto the track.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 14:48 (Ref:2245487)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
8 - the wetter the better...
Old 6 Jul 2008, 15:12 (Ref:2245512)   #10
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 from me

As an event it was very good to watch and provided sack fulls of entertainment..
Old 6 Jul 2008, 15:28 (Ref:2245526)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It's a pity we've seen one of the last good races in this circuit...
Old 6 Jul 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2245551)   #12
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 + 2 for the hares but it only goes up to 10.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2245556)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
9 from me.But will it always be that only wet races will score the higher marks?

Martin Brundle hinted that the cars needed to lose some grip when it's dry.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 16:30 (Ref:2245578)   #14
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Damn. Looks like I missed a classic.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 16:43 (Ref:2245585)   #15
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 from me, but I guess I am a touch bitter over the Ferrari tire choice. Could have been closer at the front.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 6 Jul 2008, 16:44 (Ref:2245586)   #16
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for a round of F1, a definate 9+ but as a 'motorsport' event it will fall down the ratings a bit....
(on my 'motorport' ratings 750mc is a 10! )
Old 6 Jul 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2245601)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It was dominated by one driver and despite the eather there wasn't the same spectacle that we had either in Monaco or in the dry at Canada in my book. Still better than the usual faire all the same.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2245640)   #18
PK Kart
Racer

England
Sussex
PK Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 10 - Because of a brilliant, dominant performance from one driver, a drive that puts Hamiltons feet on the staircase of the greats. I can only think of two others in my era that were capable of a display like that, MS and Senna.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 18:00 (Ref:2245643)   #19
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, its a shame there wasn't a battle for the lead as such, I think its more of a case of Ferrari and the others throwing it away rather than any kind of amazing superhuman performance by Lewis, he drove a good race no doubt, but I think Kimi would have been there too if it wasn't for some bad decisions / luck with tyres.

But a race like that reminds me of why I started watching F1 some 20 years ago.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 19:06 (Ref:2245696)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
A 10 from me.. What a great race..
Old 6 Jul 2008, 19:18 (Ref:2245701)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
A 10 from me.. What a great race..
You're too easily pleased.I'd have prefered at least one of the McLarens to have had something hanging off it and a comedy pit lane shunt to bring it up to the full '10'.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 20:12 (Ref:2245721)   #22
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another endorsement for the davyboy sprinkler system
Old 6 Jul 2008, 20:41 (Ref:2245740)   #23
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
9 from me - I think the only thing that would really have improved it for me would have been a battle at the front, as there were plenty everywhere else.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 6 Jul 2008, 20:51 (Ref:2245748)   #24
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race, poor choices by Ferrari, outstanding driver skill by all, I give it an 8.
Old 6 Jul 2008, 21:53 (Ref:2245811)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot
You're too easily pleased.I'd have prefered at least one of the McLarens to have had something hanging off it and a comedy pit lane shunt to bring it up to the full '10'.
We will see what we can come with for you for the next race, I am sure there will be something other than racing..